Masterpiece a single?

Bat-Fan

It should have been the lead single, released in December. The single choices for MDNA were all wrong.

The official singles:
1. Give Me All Your Luvin'
2. Girl Gone Wild
3. Turn Up The Radio

Masterpiece was a promotional single in the UK released in April. Then there was also Superstar being a promotional single as well in Brazil.

my choice:
1. Masterpiece
2. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Promo only-buzz single for Superbowl)
3. I'm Addicted / Gang Bang
4. Girl Gone Wild
5. Love Spent

Just a promo:

http://www.madonnarecords.com/data/record.asp?id=12324

Dutch promo CD sent to radio stations to promote the “radio single” and to promote the tour in the Ziggo Dome 7 & 8 July 2012.

Slimline jewel case - double side front insert - 1 track

1. Masterpiece 3:59

http://www.madonnarecords.com/data/cover.asp?ID=12324

12324_front.jpg

12324_back.jpg

23 hours ago, bluejean said:

Wasn't it also a promo single in the UK? It was definitely on the radio there.

It did chart in the UK but at a very low number - :(( She hasnt had a big hit in the UK for years now which is a shame as she used to chart very high there(I know cause i live there)  - sometimes even higher than in the US 

On 6/17/2018 at 1:25 AM, Rose Mist Stud said:

Elton John was furious 

More like "jealous" because he didn't win for "Best Song".   Musically, I like Elton, but sometimes he can be so vile.  He has a love/hate relationship with Madonna.  Though, I am not sure why he has to be that way. He had great success well into his 50's with the Lion King music and some solo work after that.  He's been an acclaimed artist long before Madonna even came along.  So it's definitely personal with him. 

As for "Masterpiece", I agree the song should have been released when the film was coming out.  The song could have been the first single a couple months before the Superbowl.  It would have probably helped sold the album more as well, rather trying to kick everything off with the Superbowl performance and GMAYL as lead single. 

• 2 weeks later...