Confessions and Mirwais

gafuller

25 minutes ago, gafuller said:

So what all was his involvement in Confessions on a Dancefloor? Future Lovers obviously made it to the album but what's up with Fighting Spirit and Superpop? Were they very early works before Stuart? And History (don't remember who produced it).

Yes, her and Mirwais first began working on an album which produced "Future Lovers", "Fighting Spirit", "Keep the Trance", "Triggering",  and "Superpop".   According to Madonna, she and Mirwais would sit around talking politics.  She wanted the album to be less political this time around and so she started again with Stuart.  I would assume since "History" was quite political, that must have been a track she did with Mirwais as well.

Mirwais is quite political and intellectual, so this could be interesting to see if Madonna and him get political with this new album as well.  We'll see!  

I remember bopping to Fighting Spirit and Superpop back in '05 in one of those fan made videos made from RIT backdrops. History, with all its versions, can't remember which it was but it wasn't the odd one included on the Jump single.

I could see him bringing magic with M. Wondering though what messages and subjects this album will bring.

1 minute ago, gafuller said:

Yeah I can see that in the songs now. She still released some of those songs officially on some versions of the album. 

Yah, "History" was a B-side to "Jump", though from what I recall the initial version of the song was much different than what was released.

The others ended up being Bonus tracks other than "Future Lovers".  And interesting, I never realized how political that song compared to the rest of the album tracks until mentioning it now.  I guess that I knew it was, but just didn't realize how it was pretty different from the rest of the album.  Though, "Sorry" can be thought of being political.  Many people still think it's about George Bush. And it only fueled it more when she did the interlude video for it for the tour.

On 6/11/2018 at 2:23 PM, Liam said:

Yah, "History" was a B-side to "Jump", though from what I recall the initial version of the song was much different than what was released.

The others ended up being Bonus tracks other than "Future Lovers".  And interesting, I never realized how political that song compared to the rest of the album tracks until mentioning it now.  I guess that I knew it was, but just didn't realize how it was pretty different from the rest of the album.  Though, "Sorry" can be thought of being political.  Many people still think it's about George Bush. And it only fueled it more when she did the interlude video for it for the tour.

I remember reading that Sorry was about Careese Henry for flirting with Guy Richie.

12 hours ago, Rose Mist Stud said:

I remember reading that Sorry was about Careese Henry for flirting with Guy Richie.

Maybe it is?  Maybe it's not! 

6 hours ago, gafuller said:

Let It Will Be was cowritten with Mirwais. He didn't actually touch its production per credits.

Point still stands, he wrote and produce several songs on Confessions.  Great songs, I might add, so I'm excited to see what he brings to the table this time, especially if he's producing the whole album.

Does anyone know if Mirwais also had anything to do with the Hello Suckers tracks, as they somewhat bridge the gap between American Life and Confessions? Is This Love, Miss You, The Game, If You Go Away, and Boum (the last two obviously not writing, as they are covers, but production). 

On 12/06/2018 at 6:06 AM, Liam said:

Yes, her and Mirwais first began working on an album which produced "Future Lovers", "Fighting Spirit", "Keep the Trance", "Triggering",  and "Superpop".   According to Madonna, she and Mirwais would sit around talking politics.  She wanted the album to be less political this time around and so she started again with Stuart.  I would assume since "History" was quite political, that must have been a track she did with Mirwais as well.

Mirwais is quite political and intellectual, so this could be interesting to see if Madonna and him get political with this new album as well.  We'll see!  

He also worked on an earlier version of Let It Will Be.

• 4 weeks later...