Re invention tour VS confessions tour

anel_

I know that both tours are fan favourites but I would like to know who favours which one more and the reasons why

for me I’d pick the confessions tour because 

1. It’s my favourite tour of all time and of course my favourite Madonna tour

2. The set list is perfect

3. The performances are breathtakingly spectacular (future lovers/I feel love I’m looking at you)

and

4. She looked amazing during the confessions era. I do think COADF is Madonna’s most overrated album but I love it and it is a masterpiece

also I LOVE THE RE INVENTION TOUR!!!! The beast within opening, Vogue, Nobody knows me, American Life, nothing fails, mother and father AND crazy for you are my favourites from the tour 

im bored guys so please comment !!!!! Xxx 

Difficult to choose to be honest ? I think they both have strong openings - Steven Klein's backdrops are amazing and i think the BS backdrop on RIT is sublime(Why the fuck dont we have a hq version of this 14 years later ??!! :(( ) 

I dont like the military section on RIT but the setlist is great - its always referred to as a Greatest Hits tour as she really dug deep in to her past(BU, HP, CFY, EY,PDP) so it has a nostalgic feel to it whereas CT was much more modern and almost futuristic. I think if we had the full Paris show that was used in the IGTTYAS i would make my mind up as the lisbon show wasn't filmed very good - i would say they are both excellent tours but just in different ways and they are miles better than the tours after which i think are very hit and miss.

Confessions Tour hands down. While it's not my favorite tour or record, it's visually and sonically strong. The opening with Future Lovers/I Feel Love, Like a Virgin, the crucifix performance of Live To Tell, the interludes, the entire last Disco Act, the fact she could do songs like Drowned World and Paradise and they meshed so beautifully without sticking out like a sore thumb. The costumes, the mixes, the backdrop visuals, the stage, the choreography, everything from the smallest detail was beautiful.

Re-Invention Tour is a good tour but it does feel weak and a means of damage control after AL underperformed and coming off a string of flops. It was advertised as a greatest hits show (even though it's a good mix of AL tracks and classics) but somehow it feels like the remnants of Drowned World and the beginnings of what Confessions would aspire to be. The costumes are equally gorgeous (minus the kilt and tank combo), we got to hear a lot of classics we thought we'd never hear again, the gorgeous intros and backdrops), the choreography for the numbers was insane and intricate but perhaps it had to be enjoyed live to be appreciated as we have little of the edited version through the doc and the screengrab recording of Lisbon which is pretty weak.

• 5 months later...

I cannot choose one over the other because I did not attend any of these shows. I was too young then and Madonna never bothered returning to Southamerica until her signing at Live Nation. However, I can point out some facts about them.

The Re-Invention World Tour

Image result for madonna reinvention tour stage

The Re-invention Tour was a show she needed to do in order to reconnect with older audiences, especially after the Drowned World Tour which focused mainly on new material and left a lot fans unsatisfied. It's true everybody was still drooling over the ROL and Music eras and she was regularly played on the radio up to the announcement of the American Life album, remix edits included. It wasn't until the controversial flop surrounding AL that everything had to change. She had to swallow her pride and retract from saying she would never play Material Girl or Vogue ever again! The tour was indeed promoted as a Greatest Hits show. 

It was great to see her choose at least one song from each one of her albums, omitting the Who's That Girl OST only. The setlist was excellently balanced: 8 songs from the 80s, 8 songs from the 90s, and 7 songs from the 2000s plus a cover. 

I do agree some of her costumes were not as awe inspiring as the rest we have seen in other tours but who doesn't like this one and its golden version? It's Madonna 100% and it's now really memorable!

Madonna costumes

Her make-up was also on point. She was fabulously rejuvenated during this tour.

Image result for madonna reinvention gif

I think the tour suffered a lot from Madonna's negligence (and her management as well) in that they never gave us a proper DVD with the complete concert. We only got the documentary and some live highlights to remember it! I do think not touring new countries also affected its reputation to some degree. She didn't got to Spain or Italy which was shocking at the time. She didn't visit Japan either. 

The Confessions Tour

Related image

With this tour Madonna gave us an enhanced experience of what we had already seen in 2005 during the gigs she gave to promote Confessions on a Dance Floor. It was basically a much bigger spectacle with more ideas put on the table (equestrian and bedouin themes). We had already seen the disco ball in the Girlie Show, the Catholic imagery during the Blond Ambition tour except that the crucifixion was just more over the top. Madonna playing the electric guitar had already become a trend since the Drowned World Tour. So it wasn't 100% innovative from her as she just repeated the same old formula.

The greatest thing about it was that she had a really strong record (taking inspiration from ABBA, the Pet Shop Boys, Donna Summer and Goldfrapp) which was also able to attract a new generation of fans. Madonna at 48 proved she still got it.

Image result for madonna hung up gif

My favourite thing about this tour is that she collaborated with Gaultier again. He always brings the best in her! She looked flawless, younger than ever and quite fit. Wish she had kept him for the Sticky & Sweet tour which was distasteful in this department.

Related image

What I did find weak about the show at the time was the interludes. Almost 10 minutes of Live to Tell and Sorry used twice. Wasn't it a bit too much? The most ridiculous thing was to find out that they were included on the live CD instead of more interesting selections that could have been used... whatever.

Forgotten classics that returned to her setlists: Like a Virgin and Lucky Star while Holiday got a well deserved rest!

Apart from the financial success of the tour which visited more countries around the world, we did get a DVD intelligently edited by Mr Akerlund. That is for sure one of her best filmed shows and the general public love it til this day. 

Related image

For me they are equally A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :smke: