America Life

Confessions on a dancefloor 

Hard Candy

Three in the 10's   

MDNA

Rebel Heart 

?????

Cool huh?! 

Also, I'm bored and there is no news on the new album so don't judge me :Madonna031:

3 minutes ago, FrozenPenguin said:

UGH! 

Her output in the 90s was incredible. She was a workaholic. We then got, on top of everything else (coffee table book, music video VHS/DVDs, films, "I'll Remember"), Something to Remember. The two albums we got this decade though are her longest. 

2 minutes ago, BringUrLUV said:

Evita and I'm Breathless are not studio albums.  They're not counted in with her studio albums.  The upcoming album is being referred to as M14 for that reason.

But when you're talking about her pattern of recording, it's not really the same pattern. 

Do you really think I don't know that I'm Breathless is not counted? We've been through this before, I am just saying it SHOULD.

Evita IS a soundtrack. Breathless is not. It's like counting MDNA as a soundtrack because it features Masterpiece. Something to remember is full of movie songs! But of course Breathless is a different album, inspired by the movie, a special album because it is totally different.

Or maybe Vogue is a song from the movie Dick Tracy? :04:

Never understood why 'I'm Breathless' isn't counted as an album, when the original 'Dick Tracy' movie soundtrack is available on CD/K7 and 'I'm Breathless' features like.. 4 songs that are in the movie and the rest is all brand new (including Vogue which has nothing to do with the movie).

LOL!  "I'm Breathless" pretty much is is a STUDIO ALBUM.  It's comprised of a few soundtrack songs and other originals that are inspired by it.  Except for "Vogue".  It was just tacked on there. It wasn't inspired by the movie and really had nothing to do with DIck Tracy. A Soundtrack to me is when all the songs are part of the movie, which is not in this case.  Also, Dick Tracy did have a seperate soundtrack album which did comprise of songs that were part of the movie. 

58 minutes ago, Liam said:

LOL!  "I'm Breathless" pretty much is is a STUDIO ALBUM.  It's comprised of a few soundtrack songs and other originals that are inspired by it.  Except for "Vogue".  It was just tacked on there. It wasn't inspired the movie and really had nothing to do with DIck Tracy. A Soundtrack to me is when all the songs are part of the movie, which is not in this case.  Also, Dick Tracy did have a seperate soundtrack album which did comprise of songs that were part of the movie. 

Agreed. Vogue was originally meant as a b-side. The movie itself only made use of a few of those songs while the rest was original material so not all songs were featured. I get the album gets crapped on because people think Vogue's success probably should have had similar material on there but the album itself is very strong. "Something To Remember" is divine. "Sooner or Later, He's a Man" and "Back In Business" not sure how some fans don't like or appreciate how far off she went after Like a Prayer and delivered beautifully and majestically. Her voice is a perfect fit for this sound and it worked but all people seem to see it as either a soundtrack or the "album Vogue is on."

3 hours ago, Liam said:

LOL!  "I'm Breathless" pretty much is is a STUDIO ALBUM.  It's comprised of a few soundtrack songs and other originals that are inspired by it.  Except for "Vogue".  It was just tacked on there. It wasn't inspired by the movie and really had nothing to do with DIck Tracy. A Soundtrack to me is when all the songs are part of the movie, which is not in this case.  Also, Dick Tracy did have a seperate soundtrack album which did comprise of songs that were part of the movie. 

It was ABSOLUTELY inspired by Dick Tracy, hence the title, I'm Breathless: Music From & Inspired by the film Dick Tracy.  

Movies can have more than one soundtrack.  

Regardless all these albums were recorded in a studio so what difference does it make ? were they compilation albums ? no- so i count I'm breathless and evita as studio albums - we had singles from them too !

M once said that I'm Breathless was her favourite album ? I think it was around the time she was promoting ROL ?

Anyway cant wait to hear what she has for us next ! :))

2 hours ago, BringUrLUV said:

It was ABSOLUTELY inspired by Dick Tracy, hence the title, I'm Breathless: Music From & Inspired by the film Dick Tracy.  

Movies can have more than one soundtrack.  

Read again, I was referring to "Vogue".  Of course, the album was inspired by the movie DICK TRACY.  It says so on the album.  I count this as a "studio" album.  Being it relates to the movie, people will automatically assume it's a "soundtrack", but it's more "studio" since many of the tracks she recorded aren't in the film. 

I never said soundtracks cannot have more than one. In fact, if I recall Dick Tracy had two official soundtracks back in the day, other than Madonna's "I'm Breathless".  One was specifically concentrated on just the scores.  

14 hours ago, Enrico said:

Do you really think I don't know that I'm Breathless is not counted? We've been through this before, I am just saying it SHOULD.

Evita IS a soundtrack. Breathless is not. It's like counting MDNA as a soundtrack because it features Masterpiece. Something to remember is full of movie songs! But of course Breathless is a different album, inspired by the movie, a special album because it is totally different.

Or maybe Vogue is a song from the movie Dick Tracy? :04:

Queen of Arguing