MDNA will be appreciated more in the future

anel_

Erotica, Bedtime Stories, American Life and Hard Candy have gone through the struggle where they weren’t appreciated and acknowledged at first. Usually 5+ years later is when they are given another chance and are loved amongst the fans. We can all agree with this statement

perosnally I loved and enjoyed all of Madonna’s albums after the first few listens. When I first heard MDNA I couldn’t connect with it but a few months later I started to love it. Why don’t we just start appreciating more now and give it the love it deserves like every other Madonna album

what are your favourite songs and aspects of the album and what do you appreciate the most about it?

Some Girls, I'm a Sinner, Love Spent, Falling Free and I Fucked up are amazing songs that really stand out from the rest of the album imo.

Falling Free (Ferry Corsten Remix) is the best remix of a Madonna song this decade for me.

I also feel Offer Nissim really leveled up with his GGW and TUTR remixes, they're both amazing and helped me see him in a new light.

P.S. Do we still not know who Justin Cognito is?

8 minutes ago, The Same Parts said:

Some Girls, I'm a Sinner, Love Spent, Falling Free and I Fucked up are amazing songs that really stand out from the rest of the album imo.

Falling Free (Ferry Corsten Remix) is the best remix of a Madonna song this decade for me.

I also feel Offer Nissim really leveled up with his GGW and TUTR remixes, they're both amazing and helped me see him in a new light.

P.S. Do we still not know who Justin Cognito is?

I’m a sinner is the most Madonna song on the album AND i’m addicted 

18 minutes ago, Frank said:

Call me corny, but i LOVE Superstar <3 Also I'm Addicted, Some Girls, GGW, Falling Free or I'm A Sinner are great tunes IMO.

Superstar is a fun and silly song. I love it when Madonna doesn’t always take the music too seriously, HOWEVER the artistry is always there 

2 minutes ago, LivingForLove94 said:

My top 5: 

1. Love Spent
  2. Beautiful Killer
  3. Falling Free
  4. I'm Addicted
  5. Masterpiece/Gang Bang 

An album full of gems, my only complaint is I prefer the demo version of GMAYL but the album version is alright too, MIA's verse is particularly fire :whip:

Love spent sounds like a demo and I love it when she does that. It’s messy but sounds great. Gives me erotica rawness vibes 

28 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

To me it’s her album that could’ve been great but just didn’t deliver. 

Sure couple of songs are great but for the most part it’s just not a good album. And no, it won’t be considered a great piece of work once time dies it’s part. - just my opinion. 

That is your opinion but it’s happened to many Madonna albums. Someone was probably saying the same things about AL 10 years ago and look at how much respect it gets now 

Definitely not lol.

It was the first time music wasn't her priority and the first time she decided to use producer rejects to record. The lack of input from her is apparent and the production on most of the songs is just atrocious. The album doesn't feel like an album but rather a demo mixtape.

Madonna is a true artist....and works out her feelings in her music in ways other artists can not imagine or more accurately would ever dare. She sees the big picture while others nit pick over details. Things aren't always pretty, but they are necessary for growth. Madonna doesn't turn to harmful ways of dealing with her feelings.

I have always heard the substance in Madonna's voice...I am not a fool and it angers me when people step right over everything that she is feeling and saying to write her off as being nothing more than the acts that I can see through. They have been doing it for years and years. Madonna doesn't fight their opinions either...she fights for her right to exist. She doesn't have to prove anything and gives everyone the freedom to make up their own mind but the business of whether she has a right to be loved or not...she fights for that. For that I will forever love her. She might annoy me sometimes but I will love her forever for being my voice. 

When she sings 

"I tried to be a good girl, I tried to be your wife"

"Diminished myself, and I swallowed my light" 

I remember what I felt hearing her in interviews when she first got involved with Guy Ritchie. I was worried for her. I hoped for the best for her but on some level I knew she was in danger of being tremendously hurt. 

That whole verse is just everything to me and it doesn't matter what it's wrapped in. I hear it. I am not even satisfied with the "I don't give a" at the end. It's bitter and I feel her pain and I know her pain. She confronts her pain though. She doesn't run. She gets ridiculed and she doesn't care.

The lady of promotion hardly promoted this album. 

Maybe all the things that I could always see do not appeal to most of her fanbase? That's why for years I thought of Madonna the way I thought of obscure artists that I only knew about and enjoyed. She wasn't mainstream to me. In a way she is not because so many do not see what I and some others see. 

I tend to focus more on feelings when it comes to music. I am not impressed with wrapping paper. I care more about what is going on inside. Pleasant or unpleasant. 

I think MDNA was an album she needed to do. Whether people are in tune to that in the future I am not sure. 

3 minutes ago, BItch I'm Madonna said:

Definitely not lol.

It was the first time music wasn't her priority and the first time she decided to use producer rejects to record. The lack of input from her is apparent and the production on most of the songs is just atrocious. The album doesn't feel like an album but rather a demo mixtape.

Huh? Madonna co produced every song and Solveig himself said she was fully involved in the recording sessions as a singer, songwriter and producer. Madonna always has the most input if you really think about it. Just because it wasn’t another COADF doesn’t mean she wasn’t involved in the album. She clearly wanted to make the music in this album

The reason AL and HC got re-evaluated is they're (I hate the word) cohesive pieces of work. 

MDNA doesn't know what it wants to be, it'll remain a polarizing album because of that even though I'll always love it. Madonna was in the middle of a million other projects during the recording sessions and the album reflects that. 

Every M album from Madonna to Rebel Heart has a definite sound or a main theme, except MDNA that lacks both. 

However this doesn't take away the fact it features some of her most personal lyrics and some of the best songs she's done this decade. It sounds more like a collection of songs rather than an album but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's a rollercoaster, and a really fun one. 

All hail MDNA. 

MDNA is a bad summary of who Madonna is made by someone who doesn't really know her. GGW is what GP think all her music sounds like, I'm a Sinner is the Walmart version of a song from ROL with terrible lyrics, she sounds like a robot running on a pirated version of Android on Love Spent, etc. I really don't like this album and it's okay if you guys do but it feels so rushed and not personal. Besides from the fact that the mixing and mastering is terrible and that most vocals sound terrible (I'm talking to you "screaming but not actually screaming on Gang Bang"). Some of the songs are bops but they don't feel like Madonna songs. LOVED the tour tho. 

16 minutes ago, anel_ said:

That is your opinion but it’s happened to many Madonna albums. Someone was probably saying the same things about AL 10 years ago and look at how much respect it gets now 

AL was “out there”, experimental and  really ahead of its time. MDNA has nothing of that sort and already sounds dated. Shit, most of it sounded dated when it was released. ;) 

7 minutes ago, LikeAMelody said:

Madonna is a true artist....and works out her feelings in her music in ways other artists can not imagine or more accurately would ever dare. She sees the big picture while others nit pick over details. Things aren't always pretty, but they are necessary for growth. Madonna doesn't turn to harmful ways of dealing with her feelings.

I have always heard the substance in Madonna's voice...I am not a fool and it angers me when people step right over everything that she is feeling and saying to write her off as being nothing more than the acts that I can see through. They have been doing it for years and years. Madonna doesn't fight their opinions either...she fights for her right to exist. She doesn't have to prove anything and gives everyone the freedom to make up their own mind but the business of whether she has a right to be loved or not...she fights for that. For that I will forever love her. She might annoy me sometimes but I will love her forever for being my voice. 

When she sings 

"I tried to be a good girl, I tried to be your wife"

"Diminished myself, and I swallowed my light" 

I remember what I felt hearing her in interviews when she first got involved with Guy Ritchie. I was worried for her. I hoped for the best for her but on some level I knew she was in danger of being tremendously hurt. 

That whole verse is just everything to me and it doesn't matter what it's wrapped in. I hear it. I am not even satisfied with the "I don't give a" at the end. It's bitter and I feel her pain and I know her pain. She confronts her pain though. She doesn't run. She gets ridiculed and she doesn't care. 

The lady of promotion hardly promoted this album. 

Maybe all the things that I could always see do not apoeal to most of her fanbase? That's why for years I thought of Madonna the way I thought of obscure artists that I only knew about and enjoyed. She wasn't mainstream to me. In a way she is not because so many do not see what I and some others see. 

I tend to focus more on feelings when it comes to music. I am not impressed with wrapping paper. I care more about what is going on inside. Pleasant or unpleasant. 

I think MDNA was an album she needed to do. Whether people are in tune to that in the future I am not sure. 

What a beautiful post.

MDNA may not be my favorite due to its rushed and weak production but it has some bangers like Girl Gone Wild, Superstar, I Don't Give A, Some Girls, I Fucked Up, Best Friend, B - Day Song (plz don't kill me for it), Masterpiece and Love Spent.

I can foresee that it will appreciated more in the future. :D

45 minutes ago, anel_ said:

^ Madonna and Solveig got along and had a lot in common in terms of movies, food and other areas

So? His production sounds awfully cheap and meh on this album. His music nowadays is way better. He was trying SO BAD to make another Hello with M that it ended up sounding tired and dated from day one. 

17 minutes ago, KaitoXD said:

MDNA may not be my favorite due to its rushed and weak production but it has some bangers like Girl Gone Wild, Superstar, I Don't Give A, Some Girls, I Fucked Up, Best Friend, B - Day Song (plz don't kill me for it), Masterpiece and Love Spent.

I can foresee that it will appreciated more in the future. :D

B-Day Song is stupid but it's a funky tune, I jam to it from time to time.