The "Black Madonna" Album

FrozenPenguin

According to the people who first talked about this, the pictures seemed to be more straight up blackface than the black Madonna but I don't know if that's true, and I'm not sure an album such as Hard Candy has any meaningful connection to that kind of religious imagery. It would've come across like "Madonna does black music with black producers and is portraying herself as a black person doing something that is historically racist". It would've come across like an edgelord idea, her career would've been over then and there. 

1 minute ago, Fighter said:

According to the people who first talked about this, the pictures seemed to be more straight up blackface than the black Madonna but I don't know if that's true, and I'm not sure an album such as Hard Candy has any meaningful connection to that kind of religious imagery. It would've come across like "Madonna does black music with black producers and is portraying herself as a black person doing something that is historically racist". It would've come across like an edgelord idea, her career would've been over then and there. 

There were never pictures of her in blackface, the picture that they used was a photoshopped hard candy promo pic.  Anyways thank god in Europe and the rest of the world don't believe in that nonsense "blackface is racist" nonsense 

3 minutes ago, The Same Parts said:

Having a reference doesn't mean you can ignore all other meanings of something.

The n-word comes from Latin, where it had one g and simply meant the color black. That doesn't mean you can use it, just because you're thinking of the Latin meaning.

You can use any word, is the intent behind that word that matters.  And yes Negro is Black in Spanish.   

Just now, FrozenPenguin said:

You can use any word, is the intent behind that word that matters.  And yes Negro is Black in Spanish.   

The intent of what you say is not all that matters, the impact of what you say is also important. If someone is hurt by something I say, then I should apologize even if it wasn't my intention. If people are asking others not to say a hurtful word then why should people say it?. Respect costs nothing. 

7 minutes ago, FrozenPenguin said:

There were never pictures of her in blackface, the picture that they used was a photoshopped hard candy promo pic.  Anyways thank god in Europe and the rest of the world don't believe in that nonsense "blackface is racist" nonsense 

According to the people who first talked about this, the pictures existed. The picture you're talking about is something that did the rounds but it's just photoshopped as you say. You may wanna read about what blackface is before saying it's not racist. Mocking entire races is racist, who would deny that? 

3 minutes ago, Fighter said:

The intent of what you say is not all that matters, the impact of what you say is also important. If someone is hurt by something I say, then I should apologize even if it wasn't my intention. If people are asking others not to say a hurtful word then why should people say it?. Respect costs nothing. 

So go thru life walking on eggshells basically never saying anything for fear that someone with a weak mind and no backbone will get offended. I will take my chances thank you. Life is to short for that, sorry

So go thru life walking on eggshells basically never saying anything for fear that someone with a weak mind and no backbone will get offended. I will take my chances thank you. Life is to short for that sorry

You don't have to walk on eggshells, you just have to not be a racist. People being hurt by something doesn't mean that they're weak and have no backbone, it means they're human non-sociopathic beings. 

1 minute ago, Fighter said:

According to the people who first talked about this, the pictures existed. The picture you're talking about is something that did the rounds but it's just photoshopped as you say. You may wanna read about what blackface is before saying it's not racist. Mocking entire races is racist, who would deny that? 

It is not considered racist in many cultures, and we do and say many, many things that are considered racist and wrong by others cultures around the world,  So what is your point? 

Just now, Fighter said:

You don't have to walk on eggshells, you just have to not be a racist. People being hurt by something doesn't mean that they're weak and have no backbone, it means they're human non-sociopathic beings. 

We are going way off my initial post.  I don't see anything wrong with it if the intent of hurting someone is not there,  you think otherwise and I respect that but don't agree with it at all. Moving on.  Black Madonna would have been a great concept for an album. 

It is not considered racist in many cultures, and we do and say many, many things that are considered racist and wrong by others cultures around the world,  So what is your point? 

What things do we say that are considered racist and wrong by other cultures around the world? Madonna was working with american producers on music for the american market, thinking of doing something that's considered racist in America and took place in America. 

Just now, Fighter said:

What things do we say that are considered racist and wrong by other cultures around the world? Madonna was working with american producers on music for the american market, thinking of doing something that's considered racist in America and took place in America. 

Everything is racist nowadays, I've should have known that was going to happen.  Trying to have a conversation about Madonna turned into a conversation about hurt feeling and race.   A Sign of the times.  

18 minutes ago, FrozenPenguin said:

Everything is racist nowadays, I've should have known that was going to happen.  Trying to have a conversation about Madonna turned into a conversation about hurt feeling and race.   A Sign of the times.  

You opened the thread with the premise that people wouldn't understand her concept, I stayed on topic and explained why people wouldn't accept it and why I wouldn't either. You knew very well what your thread implied. If you have nothing to say or debate on the topic you created then why open the thread? Did you expect everyone to agree with you? Spare me the dumb alt-right comebacks. 

Just now, Fighter said:

You opened the thread with the premise that people wouldn't understand her concept, I stayed on topic and explained why people wouldn't accept it and why I wouldn't either. You knew very well what your thread implied. If you have nothing to say or debate on the topic you created then why open the thread? Did you expect everyone to agree with you? Spare me the alt-right comebacks. 

Gurl Bye!  I can't have a conversation with one-sided, paranoid people.  I feel hurt and I feel Oppressed by the evil white people help!!  is that better? 

2 minutes ago, FrozenPenguin said:

Gurl Bye!  I can't have a conversation with one-sided, paranoid people.  I feel hurt and I feel Oppressed by the evil white people help!!  is that better? 

White people aren't evil, but people like you who align themselves with toxic alt-right ideologies are ... something..., wether you have that much self awareness or not.