Had "The Kiss" originally happened in 2018...

Someone

I agree; it wouldn't have made an impact as much as it did then.  I think the most fuss over it was due to both Christina and Britney were huge pop stars by that time, and people felt like Madonna was passing the torch on.

5 hours ago, Someone said:

Had "The Kiss" originally happened in 2018 and not in 2003, who do you think that would be the choices for brides?

1d027287511241759396b5b66ab504b0.jpg

are we seriously answering this ? it's like "if the Beatles had happened 15 years later, would Marvin Gaye be a part of it ?"

The Beatles invented pop, Madonna invented the MTV crossover-pass-the-pop-baton, nothing will ever be the same after period.

1 hour ago, discohub said:

are we seriously answering this ? it's like "if the Beatles had happened 15 years later, would Marvin Gaye be a part of it ?"

The Beatles invented pop, Madonna invented the MTV crossover-pass-the-pop-baton, nothing will ever be the same after period.

Why not just have fun with it?

1 hour ago, discohub said:

:laughing:

Calm down, it's just an innocent question, no one's erasing the trio's place in Pop music history lol.

Besides it, that pass-the-pop-baton thing wasn't even serious as Madonna still around and working; "The Kiss" was just one more performance in Madonnaland in the end of the day. And that's where the thread's premisse comes from: who would fit Pink and JLo Britney and Aguilera spots had it happened nowadays.

22 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Gaga and Rihanna duhhhhh

It would be just as shocking I feel like.

Minaj can be the Missy Elliot. 

I was just about to write that trio!  It would be insane considering her & Gaga's history. And Rihanna really does have a comparable discography so she almost is the true heir IMO.

4 hours ago, Nick said:

For real though, I wonder how different the reaction would've been if two men had done this.

I guess it can't be worse than Madonna kissing Drake. 

People make a big deal out of all Madonna related theatrics.

"Kiss me I'm dying ..."

7 hours ago, Rory said:

Shawn Mendes and Toye Sivan ;)

Also I find Troye Sivan looks like the boy Madonna kisses in Open Your Heart. Now that would be a sweet collab ... Madonna and Troye singing Open Your Heart.

Shawn Mendes is raw sugar on a stick ... Candy Perfume Boy.

6 hours ago, BringUrLUV said:

I was just about to write that trio!  It would be insane considering her & Gaga's history. And Rihanna really does have a comparable discography so she almost is the true heir IMO.

Rihanna does not have a comparable discography to Madonna. I love Rihanna but Madonna’s discography imo cannot be compared to any other female artist. Hers is just flawless and Rihanna doesn’t write her own music most of the time

16 hours ago, anel_ said:

Rihanna does not have a comparable discography to Madonna. I love Rihanna but Madonna’s discography imo cannot be compared to any other female artist. Hers is just flawless and Rihanna doesn’t write her own music most of the time

I meant at this point in her career compared to Madonna in lets say 1996.  Not today hell no, there is no comparison.   

And as for the writing part, I'm with you on that.  I used the "heir" VERY liberally lol.