After Met Gala, Madonna may announce a residency

MadgeSlave

2 hours ago, Liam said:

I don't think a "residency" is "re-inventing touring".   She's been pretty oppose to a Vegas style show.  That said, everything else has been done, but I can see her still putting together a much lower key tour.  Tour in key places only.  I still think she's wanting to mix up her performances with more chatter, joking and such as well.  But there is no way she's going hold her self in one place for more than a few months. It's just not her style.   Maybe in another ten years or so, if she's still willing to perform.

i mean björk did a "residencies" world tour, but they lasted 1-2 weeks in each city and then moved on to a different city in another corner of the world, so it doesn't necessarily mean doing a residency for 3 years in las vegas, i also doubt she would do that, but a schedule that's less exhausting. i think she's more likely to do something like that.

11 hours ago, discohub said:

Not the most likely option, since it is financially very risky. A show needs to be performed much more often than once a week to balance the production costs. You can do one stadium here, one stadium there because you'll have 30/40K or more tickets sold each night, but for a Broadway/West End type theater you can only sell between 500 to 2300+ seats per night, so the business has to happen every day, and sometimes several times a day on weekends.

Unless she plans to sing alone with her guitar for two hours ;-))

Come to think of it i it was Bruce Springsteen i believe. Alone with his guitar for two hours :lol:

But I don't think it's going to cost her all that much. I think she's done with the extravaganza. And she probably was serious about reinventing touring so it could be an art installation/comedy (God I hope not)/a song here and there to fill the gaps.. I saw her on RH, her energy was way lower than on her previous tours so i think she's done with all the jumping around and big production shows. Which can be a good thing, I am waiting to be surprised.

PS even if it is once a week with huge production costs i have no doubt that her ticket prices are going to be totally absurd, especially if she does small venues. And that there will be more than enough people willing to pay that price