*** Madonna @ MET Gala 2018 ***

Frank

I'm happy that the rumour I spread here were not just rumours. :Madonna004:

Those who wanted the white dress can't complain. We had two. The black and the white. Both were stunning.

The reunification with JPG? Thumbs up! 

The setlist? An iconic song, the one everyone was expecting from her, but also an iconic covet, and a teaser of Beautiful Game, the one we the fans were expecting from her. We couldn't be happier. Now of course we have to know how much time will pass before the release. :hearteyes:

Thanks for all the posts and info!

They don’t call the #MetGala the party of the year for nothing.

We were led out of the museum by #Madonna singing Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” 

- with #Rihanna to my left, Hugh Jackman to my right and Kim Kardashian and Cardi B in front of me. Unreal. What a night. Now back to my beloved #Queens!

I love this one! LOL It seems like those stars just shocked and amazed by The one and only Queen of pop Madonna's incredible performance!!

Oh I just realized that her new album should be just like this.

Fans has No Idea about concept Then Boom!!!! New single!! New Music video! 

Just like this.

I mean No one expecting there gonna be a lot of choir and back up dancers at tonight.

And it is really give great impact to whole worlds!

I wish THIS specific performance at the MET were broadcast for all of the world to see! Anna Wintour could've made an exception cause it's freaking Madonna! Lol I mean it was an entirely NEW look, concept, and performance we haven't seen before. 

I am praying for a pro-shot video uploaded tomorrow.

ANYWAY, amazing day in Madonna Fandom history!

Madonna Reigns at the Met Gala with a Surprise Performance

https://www.vogue.com/article/madonna-met-gala-performance-2018?mbid=social_instagram_story

Madonna was the only one who could do this year’s Met Gala exhibit, “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination,” justice—and she delivered with a surprise performance that was nothing short of divine. Never one to shy away from a religious reference, the material girl wowed earlier in the evening on the red carpet in a regal black Jean Paul Gaultier gown which she paired with a black net veil over her face that was held in place by jeweled crosses and rosaries. Her blonde hair was parted down the center and two braids flanked her face.

Post-dinner, the fashion icon made a dramatic wardrobe change. Appearing in a monastic cloak, she descended the stairs of the Great Hall and made her grand entrance on stage to the tolls of church bells. Fittingly, she opened her set with her “Like a Prayer” and segued into a bone-chilling version of “Hallelujah.” Walking through the crowd and then suddenly rising above guests, the goddess shutdown the gala, and for that, we bow down to the Queen of Pop—now and forever!

14 minutes ago, groovyguy said:

Madonna was the only one who could do this year’s Met Gala exhibit,Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination,” justice—and she delivered with a surprise performance that was nothing short of divine.

segued into a bone-chilling version of “Hallelujah.” Walking through the crowd and then suddenly rising above guests, the goddess shutdown the gala, and for that, we bow down to the Queen of Pop—now and forever!

So ture! So Damn true!

Amen!

How Madonna Interpreted Catholicism at the Met Gala

A nun might approve, actually.
Madonna wore a surprisingly demure Jean Paul Gaultierfull-skirted, long-sleeve gown to the Met Gala, a celebration Costume Institute at the Met Museum’s new exhibit “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.” It seemed like Monday’s red carpet was reverse engineered for her. Her name’s Madonna, obviously. But also, she has a famously complicated relationship with the Catholic church. There was “Like a Virgin” and “Like a Prayer” and the Vatican boycotted her after she dedicated “Papa Don’t Preach” to Pope John Paul II in 1987, and also boycotted her coffee-table book, Sex, in 1992. Gaultier helped her achieve many of her religiously offensive looks, like the cone-bra and their Immaculate-era penchant for rosaries.

She spoke about her relationship to the church with Billboard when promoting her album Rebel Heart in 2015. “Catholicism feels like my alma mater,” she said. “It’s the school I used to go to, and I can go back any time I want and take whatever I want from it because I suffered all the oppression, and all the abuse—and also enjoyed all the pomp and circumstance, the drama and the confusion, and the hypocrisy and the craziness. I feel like I can say whatever I want and do whatever I want. I’ve been ex-communicated by the Catholic Church a few times. But I also feel like this new pope [Pope Francis] is kind of groovy, and I think we might be able to get together and have a chat about sex.”

Madonna, who once bared her entire backside at the Met Gala as a form of political statement, was so covered-up she would pass Catholic school dress code—which, perhaps, was just her best way of surprising everyone. She is also performing in front of the crowd of fellow celebrities as well as Cardinal Timothy Dolan and noted Mormon Mitt Romney. What would she have to do to merit a Vatican boycott these days?