*** Madonna @ MET Gala 2018 ***

Frank

Guest TheLookofLove

Janet doesn't have half of Britney's album sales (let alone Madonna's) and she's receiving that award? I agree that she's iconic...but really? She struggles to sell out an arena nowadays. 

Well, fuck the BMA ... I mean, the main thing at the moment is TONIGHT. She rehearsed something: now, new or classic stuff, a new serious performance after two years it's a lot!!

And I doubt she could put on a show (a few weeks ago she posted on Instagram some dance moves from a rehearsal room) without using it for the general public.

At least we're gonna watch it on YT in some form sooner or later.

I'm so excited for tonight. It promises to be ICONIC

For Janet, I can't deny the fact that she had success during the end of the 80's and the 90's but she has disappeared at the beggining of the 2000's.

And BTW, I don't think that she could be recognized as an icon worldwide. I mean, for instance, here in France she's barely remembered

30 minutes ago, stefo said:

Well, fuck the BMA ... I mean, the main thing at the moment is TONIGHT. She rehearsed something: now, new or classic stuff, a new serious performance after two years it's a lot!!

And I doubt she could put on a show (a few weeks ago she posted on Instagram some dance moves from a rehearsal room) without using it for the general public.

At least we're gonna watch it on YT in some form sooner or later.

isnt this just a work out tho

There's the cap @Fighterand it seems more a coreo than a real workout to me.

Anyway, the point why I think something's happening is that she is making too much a thing of this year Met Gala, it seems she is hinting more than a ususal red carpet. Also the Met M video costume exibit could be an element.

I don't know, I have a feeling... then I'm not the kind of temper who gets disappointed or so: if the fun is coming fine, otherwise it's going to be soon anyway 

2 hours ago, GetNasty said:

Janet doesn't have half of Britney's album sales (let alone Madonna's) and she's receiving that award? I agree that she's iconic...but really? She struggles to sell out an arena nowadays. 

We can talk when Britney releases ONE album as iconic, as culturally significant and as acclaimed as Janet's "Control", "Rhythm Nation", "janet." or "Velvet Rope" :silly: