Patrick Leonard is re-recording M songs!

Luiz Ribeiro

Well nothing he's posted so far is impressing me.  It's already sounding too processed and without Madonna, it's sounding a little weird.  I hate to say this, but it's like he's just trying to cash in on Madonna's name with this latest project. If she was involved, it would be different. 

So apparently this will be an instrumental album. Some stuff don't sound like Madonna songs.  I want the songs  to be reinvented. In other words, close to original, but with some new additions. Not here for an album with new and weird sounds that just have titles of Madonna songs. 

Even an  instrumental album of tweaked original songs would be welcomed.

Unreleased stuff would be even  better.  At least he could release instrumentals of LAP outtakes.

2 hours ago, luckystar said:

So apparently the will be an instrumental album. Some stuff don't sound like Madonna songs.  I want the songs  to be reinvented. In other words, close to original, but with some new additions. Not here for an album with new and weird sounds that just have titles of Madonna songs. 

Even an  instrumental album of tweaked original songs would be welcomed.

Unreleased stuff would be even  better.  At least he could release instrumentals of LAP outtakes.

I suspect he would need Madonna to sign off on that idea if he did what you (all of us really) want(s).  Like you, from the sound of this, it's sounding like something off the beaten path. As if he's just trying to capitalize off of her name, by using those songs they recorded together.  He has every right to monkey around with them, but I don't think it's going to go well for him without Madonna's input and blessings. 

I'm looking forward to hearing his reinterpretations in studio form! I really enjoyed the live versions he did last year and never thought there would be an opportunity to hear studio mixes of any of it, so I think it's great that he's putting this together! Sounds like he's approaching it in a way that is respectful to Madonna as well which is also good, as I would hate to see him burn that bridge...as much as I'd LOVE to hear all the unreleased demos he has, I'd prefer that he and M remain on good terms.

20 hours ago, Liam said:

I suspect he would need Madonna to sign off on that idea if he did what you (all of us really) want(s).  Like you, from the sound of this, it's sounding like something off the beaten path. As if he's just trying to capitalize off of her name, by using those songs they recorded together.  He has every right to monkey around with them, but I don't think it's going to go well for him without Madonna's input and blessings. 

Since he works on many songs and posts clips, I assume his project was approved. 

2 hours ago, luckystar said:

Since he works on many songs and posts clips, I assume his project was approved. 

Actually,  he doesn't need Madonna's permission to do what he's doing right now, if he's just re-inventing these songs without her vocals in an instrumental way.

Its all sounding a bit orbit ? ie very computerised so far ? i would have preferred some percussion, drums and pianos like his live shows were ? i could be wrong though - its good to experiment i guess in the meantime - i love his album instrumentals of live to tell, the look of love, oh father and spanish eyes - plus his wtg productions :))

Jeez there is so much potential here. It’s so hard to steer away from what we know and completely redo a song, and have people enjoy it. I’m kinda digging it. I would have loved for M to get back in the studio and re-record these with him with his new vision. I don’t know if they’d be too obscure for her though. 

• Enrico featured and unfeatured this topic