Madonna chats with Mario Lopez on Extra March 7, 2018

15 hours ago, Liam said:

17 years and that's what you came away with?  :Madonna033: 

And yes, pulling the video was a "business decision" in the sense that she knew she would get so much shit for it, that it could easily end her career as well put strain on her family.  I don't believe it would have gotten as bad as that, but we saw what happened even when she pulled it.  In fact, FOX NEWS (Bill O'Reilly) at the time, acted as if it was released and ran clips of it to get his audience all riled up about it and ignored the fact, she pulled it out of respect of the soldiers. She even said so. 

And maybe I'm not being "contrarian" or going "against what everyone says"?  Maybe you just don't like I have a different opinion than you, so you have to take it personally.  After all, this is a discussion forum. You didn't expect everyone to agree with everything you spill here, do you?  I sure don't!!  :Madonna030:

Yes, I've come away with insights into her that not many would have. Her lyrics, her behavior, her choices, her mainframe. And a whole lot more. You should try it.

And you are absolutely a contrarian, it has nothing to do with me. I've seen your reply to everyone on this forum and it's constantly the opposite opinion for the sake of it, in doing so you maintain the higher ground at all times which you seem to get off on. Ask anyone.

I am all for different opinions, I thrive on it. I don't take anything personally.

Sorry I don't have catty gifs to share.

8 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

Yes, I've come away with insights into her that not many would have. Her lyrics, her behavior, her choices, her mainframe. And a whole lot more. You should try it.

And you are absolutely a contrarian, it has nothing to do with me. I've seen your reply to everyone on this forum and it's constantly the opposite opinion for the sake of it, in doing so you maintain the higher ground at all times which you seem to get off on. Ask anyone.

I am all for different opinions, I thrive on it. I don't take anything personally.

Sorry I don't have catty gifs to share.

If you're not taking anything personal, then why have you even responded... even more in a personal manner?  You obviously do not like when someone who challenges your opinion, so you must lay down this bull about me "taking the higher ground", yada, yada, yada!  Obviously, you are cherry picking your assessment of me.  It's pretty silly for you to bring it up, and only proves you are taking it "personally".

As for "catty" gifs!  Please!  It's part of the forum that the administrator kindly bestowed upon us!  :04:

2 hours ago, Liam said:

If you're not taking anything personal, then why have you even responded... even more in a personal manner?  You obviously do not like when someone who challenges your opinion, so you must lay down this bull about me "taking the higher ground", yada, yada, yada!  Obviously, you are cherry picking your assessment of me.  It's pretty silly for you to bring it up, and only proves you are taking it "personally".

As for "catty" gifs!  Please!  It's part of the forum that the administrator kindly bestowed upon us!  :04:

Hey is this you?

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, anaglyphx said:

Hey is this you?

giphy.gif

LOL!  And you say you're not taking anything personal?  But yeah, I think I'm going to take the high road from this point on.   I'm not interested in continuing this juvenile game you're playing!  :Madonna030:

2 minutes ago, discohub said:

If it were true, it would be so sad.

"Express yourself" and "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission from another", as she used to say

It is is true.  And why would it be sad?  She may be rich, but no amount money she earns is going to be enough to build the schools, hospitals, etc. She will always need others to chip in. 

13 minutes ago, discohub said:

it is sad because it means she's not anymore the leader she used to be

How does that even matter here?  But, she did sought out to help, and build, so I am not sure how that doesn't make her at least someone who is putting her money where her mouth is.  I do see her "leading" as an example.  Just because she seeks others to contribute doesn't mean she isn't leading. Besides, how many pop stars... even entertainers do you know is doing the work she's doing. I only know a small handful, and Oprah is definitely someone that comes to mind. 

14 minutes ago, Liam said:

How does that even matter here?  But, she did sought out to help, and build, so I am not sure how that doesn't make her at least someone who is putting her money where her mouth is.  I do see her "leading" as an example.  Just because she seeks others to contribute doesn't mean she isn't leading. Besides, how many pop stars... even entertainers do you know is doing the work she's doing. I only know a small handful, and Oprah is definitely someone that comes to mind. 

You missed my point from the start : "she appears less brave than what she used to be or pretended to be". She still has the attitude but the actions are lacking.

1 hour ago, discohub said:

You missed my point from the start : "she appears less brave than what she used to be or pretended to be". She still has the attitude but the actions are lacking.

Didn't miss your point. I just disagree with that notion.  In fact, I see her taking even more chances as she gets older.  Though, at the same time, I do think she does think less about herself and more about how her choices, etc, will affect those around her such as her family.  To me, that's just what a lot of people do when they get older. They mature and use more caution.  Also, it doesn't matter what she does, people seem to find fault in whatever she does. 

47 minutes ago, Liam said:

Didn't miss your point. I just disagree with that notion.  In fact, I see her taking even more chances as she gets older.  Though, at the same time, I do think she does think less about herself and more about it will affect those around her such as her family.  To me, that's just what a lot of people do when they get older. They mature and use more caution.  Also, it doesn't matter what she does, people seem to find fault in whatever she does. 

You won't convince me, but I see.

I still think she's the closest to being a has been than ever before, if she keeps on bragging and hanging out with celebrities that don't compare to her legend. I hope the next movie and the new music will put her back on track.

1 minute ago, discohub said:

I still think she's the closest to being a has been than ever before, if she keeps on bragging and hanging out with celebrities that don't compare to her legend. I hope the next movie and the new music will put her back on track.

I'm sorry but legends can't be has-beens. I Cher a has-been? Bette Middler? Tina Turner? 

Her aligning herself with Kim K (I assume that's what you're referring to when talking about hanging out with celebrities) has nothing to do with "bragging" but more to do with the fact that she's got a product to sell (MDNA Skin) and Kim K is one of the biggest influencers out there when it comes to beauty (as depressing as that statement is). It's a business decision.

23 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I'm sorry but legends can't be has-beens. I Cher a has-been? Bette Middler? Tina Turner? 

Her aligning herself with Kim K (I assume that's what you're referring to when talking about hanging out with celebrities) has nothing to do with "bragging" but more to do with the fact that she's got a product to sell (MDNA Skin) and Kim K is one of the biggest influencers out there when it comes to beauty (as depressing as that statement is). It's a business decision.

Glad to see some who are able to "get it", and not project their hate for some people she aligns herself with and assume doom and gloom.  You're so right about the Kim K. venture. Kim is quite successful and will only help Madonna sell more of her product.  Some fans need to stop mixing up her business decisions with her music as well as her other interests. She will always be a "legend".  To call her a "has been" is only giving into what the haters are trying to project about Madonna. They wan't to see her fail so badly, but the funny thing is, she's still making millions of dollars and still a huge musical force. If anything, she's far more respected than when she was in her prime... which is essentially commercially successful and charting on charts that are catered to younger acts only.

4 hours ago, kesiak said:

How very Kabbalah of you :)

:laughing:Why thank you, as someone once shy and timid Kabbalah has helped me speak up more and defend myself more. Also important to have a sense of humor!

Did you know Tears of a Clown is all Kabbalah? There was a reason she did it, based on an old Kabbalistic story about a clown suit that had the power to elevate one to heaven. Anyway.

26 minutes ago, discohub said:

You won't convince me, but I see.

You are wasting your time talking to that guy, it goes in circles and he just contradicts everyone anyway, no matter the topic. Serisouly, go check any post he has made and it is a contradiction of the previous post. Doesn't move a discussion forward, just in circles and ends in reaction gifs.

You are correct, in the public perception she is a has-been, just look at how people on social media talk about her. The young don't understand what she has done, older people are starting to feel tired of her. Cher and Tina Turner fade into the background keeping their status and mystique intact, only Madonna stays in the public eye whether the public like it or not. Hence why her mystique is non-existent thanks to Instagram. Tina Turner is a mystical Buddhist in Switzerland, when was the last time you saw here with grills and hideous close-up selfies in her bathroom?

Kardashian thing is pure business, desperate to get her young audience and because of Guy Oseary's business connections, he as her manager makes her do things to fulfill contracts. The Japanese company are pushing her to sell more because it is their product, not hers. M has no connection to her fans whatsoever, she is sheltered from what we actually want and doesn't really seem to care. She knows we lap up anything she does anyway. 

Now she is doing a movie, when she should be making music...she likes to think she can do it all and she can but quality will suffer somewhere be it the music or the movie.

7 hours ago, kesiak said:

I'm sorry but legends can't be has-beens.

until they are.

Everything changes, nothing stays the same, stars fade, legends fall from grace.... I'm not saying I want her to fail (come on, why would I ?), but history has taught us that fame is fragile and that bad (business driven, short viewed) moves can ruin a career.

Brigitte Bardot is a cinema legend, but her friendships with far right extremists and support to a horribly racist political party have tarnished her legacy for real. Same goes with Alain Delon, who is far less admired since it was reported he is good friends with Jean-Marie Le Pen.

U2 are a legendary rock band but their marketing move with iTunes (the forced upload) a few years ago has alienated a whole generation of casual fans and music listeners.

and there are countless artists who were very succcessful until that special moment when they did something that the public couldn't cope with, who fell into oblivion and didn't make history.

7 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

Kardashian thing is pure business, desperate to get her young audience and because of Guy Oseary's business connections, he as her manager makes her do things to fulfill contracts. The Japanese company are pushing her to sell more because it is their product, not hers. M has no connection to her fans whatsoever, she is sheltered from what we actually want and doesn't really seem to care. She knows we lap up anything she does anyway. 

Now she is doing a movie, when she should be making music...she likes to think she can do it all and she can but quality will suffer somewhere be it the music or the movie.

I don't think she's being forced into doing anything though. Guy O helps her with the deals she wants to make, he is not in the position of imposing anything on her business and the Japanese company behind MDNA are probably happy that she wants to expand the brand, but she is probably still in control of strategic decisions. As far as money goes, after she has settled in Portugal for obvious financial motives, her greed is really starting to show, that's all.

The movie is not a bad thing though. I knew that the Kelly and Ryan interview was full of bullshit, her coming back to music claim felt insincere, that's why I said before she needs to stop bragging. "Talk is cheap", hum.