Madonna chats with Mario Lopez on Extra March 7, 2018

Really exposes how debased and obscene things have really gotten. Business deals, celebrity bubble. Remember when she was connected to the street and heard the latest sound before everyone else?

No more art or music, just teen fashion contests, skin care, soccer, grills, instagram fillers, hashtags...this must be a mid-life crisis kicked off by the divorce...I don't recognize this person anymore.

Chris Ciccone once said she had a lack of taste that would shock the ages, I think he was right. Maybe he really was the secret ingredient in her success. 

I've been using MDNA Skin for 4 years now in Japan, it ain't new so for me it's incredibly tedious to hear about, I know it's new for most of you in the West.

I hope she meant that but it was more like "I want feminism so people will stop being rude TO ME!". She doesn't seem to stop herself to think that even though she is a woman and she is constantly being torn apart by the press and general public, she's still in a position of privilege compared to other women, especially brown, trans and poor women. I know that she knows it but I just hope she would say it.

4 hours ago, Frank said:

I don't really see it like that. I see it more like "i've been telling u about this for a long time. It was about time everybody opened their eyes about the subject", and that's she's happy that it finally happened. But to each their own, i guess.

And I agree with you.  She's been a face to this movement long before it was a movement.  Though I am curious if Harvey Winestein tried anything with her?  He helped her get Truth or Dare out there.  I'm sure she's faced a lot of sexual advances throughout her career.  It seems she actually took the bull by the horns regarding that.  But I do have to wonder if Harvey tried anything with her? 

And she looks damn great. I don't care what anyone thinks. I really didn't even notice the grill in the pics. The video it's more noticeable.  She speaks far much better with them in anymore. 

My personal taste... it's gaudy, but who am I to tell her what she can wear. It's not like she would listen anyway. She's been getting by quite nicely for all these years, so I'm sure it's no different now.  In the end, no one cares about it, but some fans.

15 hours ago, Frank said:

I don't really see it like that. I see it more like "i've been telling u about this for a long time. It was about time everybody opened their eyes about the subject", and that's she's happy that it finally happened. But to each their own, i guess.

This!! Thank god. Thank you!

16 hours ago, Frank said:

Yes, she champions female rights in general but the way she worded it was self-centered and I'm glad the media hasn't roasted her for it. I wish her words had been in support of victims. "I support the victims who are bravely coming out" instead of "I'm glad people are finally supporting me"... that's crazy.

There was a time, after COADF, around Live 8, when she started acting like she would be the female Bono of pop music, using her fame to raise people's consciousness, and that Raising Malawi was just a start. Sadly, it was just a phase. I still believe she is sincere in her actions and words, her commitment in Malawi can't be denied, but it has slowly turned into charity business that serves her promotion, not the other way round. She even toned down her political statements, probably because she was tired of criticism and to protect her children.

In the end she appears less brave than what she used to be or pretended to be.

10 hours ago, discohub said:

There was a time, after COADF, around Live 8, when she started acting like she would be the female Bono of pop music, using her fame to raise people's consciousness, and that Raising Malawi was just a start. Sadly, it was just a phase. I still believe she is sincere in her actions and words, her commitment in Malawi can't be denied, but it has slowly turned into charity business that serves her promotion, not the other way round. She even toned down her political statements, probably because she was tired of criticism and to protect her children.

I don't believe that for one second.  I see that it's beyond being "brave" here. It's her giving back.  Though, to do so, she recognizes she can't do it alone.  She's one person. She needs the help of other people especially very wealthy and influential people to support her.  I don't see it as a "charity business", but more of trying to get the message out to as many people who can help her fund her cause.  I don't really think she's "tone down" anything. Hell, just last year, she commented about wanting to blow up the White House.  Maybe poor choice of words to convey her message, but she knew those words would grab people's attention. 

On 3/10/2018 at 7:42 PM, discohub said:

Also Kabbalah requires one to go against their nature, pulling the American Life video was the start of all that. It may explain the odd choices she has made of late.

14 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

Also Kabbalah requires one to go against their nature, pulling the American Life video was the start of all that. It may explain the odd choices she has made of late.

Who are you to say such?  Maybe Kabbalah has brought some inner peace to her that she hadn't had for some time.  The "American Life" video was just a bit much at the time. To me, she was right to pull back on it, even though she was right on the money about the chaos and craziness people felt at the time.  She had a family to think of at the time... small children.  People were throwing death threats at those who came off resistant to the administration at the time.  Remember, "Dixie Chicks".  And all the lead singer said is a few words against the President at the time in another country.  And the girls got all kind of flack for that.  They got blacklisted from radio for some time. 

Maybe it's not the "odd choices" she's making "of late", maybe it's just some think this is Burger King, and if it's not the way you want it to be, there must be something wrong with everyone else.  Besides, Madonna has done quite well for her since "American Life" and still is.  If it wasn't for the "odd choices" and chances she took back in the day when she was up and coming, she wouldn't be where she is today. We wouldn't have all the great songs and performances and other stuff along the way to enjoy, that she's done.  I'd take her "Odd choices" any day, then someone claiming to be "normal" when we all know that's just a bit boring.

8 hours ago, Liam said:

Who are you to say such? 

Maybe Kabbalah has brought some inner peace to her that she hadn't had for some time.  The "American Life" video was just a bit much at the time. To me, she was right to pull back on it, even though she was right on the money about the chaos and craziness people felt at the time.  She had a family to think of at the time... small children.  People were throwing death threats at those who came off resistant to the administration at the time.  Remember, "Dixie Chicks".  And all the lead singer said is a few words against the President at the time in another country.  And the girls got all kind of flack for that.  They got blacklisted from radio for some time. 

Maybe it's not the "odd choices" she's making "of late", maybe it's just some think this is Burger King, and if it's not the way you want it to be, there must be something wrong with everyone else.  Besides, Madonna has done quite well for her since "American Life" and still is.  If it wasn't for the "odd choices" and chances she took back in the day when she was up and coming, she wouldn't be where she is today. We wouldn't have all the great songs and performances and other stuff along the way to enjoy, that she's done.  I'd take her "Odd choices" any day, then someone claiming to be "normal" when we all know that's just a bit boring.

Who am I to say? A student of Kabbalah for 17 years.

Pulling the video was a business decision. But for someone who capitalized on controversy with Justify My Love and Like A Prayer, it was sad to see a "rebel" not be a rebel. As in Singapore with Rebel Heart. I was just pointing out a fact of Kabbalah, go agiants your nature. "Diminished myself, and I swallowed my Light" which she admits she did during her marriage, trying to be someone she's not.

Why do you have to be such a contrarian and go against what everyone says?

10 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

Who am I to say? A student of Kabbalah for 17 years.

Pulling the video was a business decision. But for someone who capitalized on controversy with Justify My Love and Like A Prayer, it was sad to see a "rebel" not be a rebel. As in Singapore with Rebel Heart. I was just pointing out a fact of Kabbalah, go agiants your nature. "Diminished myself, and I swallowed my Light" which she admits she did during her marriage, trying to be someone she's not.

Why do you have to be such a contrarian and go against what everyone says?

17 years and that's what you came away with?  :Madonna033: 

And yes, pulling the video was a "business decision" in the sense that she knew she would get so much shit for it, that it could easily end her career as well put strain on her family.  I don't believe it would have gotten as bad as that, but we saw what happened even when she pulled it.  In fact, FOX NEWS (Bill O'Reilly) at the time, acted as if it was released and ran clips of it to get his audience all riled up about it and ignored the fact, she pulled it out of respect of the soldiers. She even said so. 

And maybe I'm not being "contrarian" or going "against what everyone says"?  Maybe you just don't like I have a different opinion than you, so you have to take it personally.  After all, this is a discussion forum. You didn't expect everyone to agree with everything you spill here, do you?  I sure don't!!  :Madonna030: