Sign in to follow this  
fiercemighty

Christina Aguilera

Hey guys, I didn't see a Christina thread, not sure how many amongst us are also Xtina fans, but I thought I would start one. 

It was announced on Thursday that Christina will be the first guest judge of Season 10 of RuPaul's Drag Race, could this be the start of promo for the looooooong awaited follow-up to Lotus?

21 hours ago, dhrbb03 said:

I’m waiting patiently. I expect a lot with this album, though. Lotus didn’t quite cut it for me. It was ok, but my least favorite of hers. She needs to bring it. Big. Time.

I totally agree, Lotus was a let down. It was great to see her experimenting, working with new people, but those risks didn't really translate into good material. I also felt like the lyrics were very aggressive. 

On 3/5/2018 at 6:40 PM, Gabvinet said:

It's been sooo long that I don't know what to expect so I prfer not getting my hopes up.

Bionic was waaay underrated, and is honestly my fave !

I adore Bionic. It was such a strong album. It was criminal the way promotion was handled. They just dropped it all. They didn’t wait for any build-up, they just went with it. Woohoo deserved a proper single released, and Birds of Prey should have been a standard album track.

I’d love to hear Kimono Girl with Ladytron and Night Desires with Goldfrapp, if they’d finish it. I was really hopeful for those two collaborations to be more present on the album, but that’s my only criticism, really.

On 3/11/2018 at 9:03 PM, dhrbb03 said:

I adore Bionic. It was such a strong album. It was criminal the way promotion was handled. They just dropped it all. They didn’t wait for any build-up, they just went with it. Woohoo deserved a proper single released, and Birds of Prey should have been a standard album track.

I’d love to hear Kimono Girl with Ladytron and Night Desires with Goldfrapp, if they’d finish it. I was really hopeful for those two collaborations to be more present on the album, but that’s my only criticism, really.

I think it was DOA because Christina promised something amazing (by her list of collaborators), then iamwhothefuckcares came out and crushed it. I remember people being super excited that it was Christina at first, then super disappointed that it wasn't. Always underpromise and overdeliver.

50 minutes ago, karlafalves said:

I just don't know what to say. Not my taste :(

Oh God, what's that... Neither my taste. And i love Bionic and Lotus...

Um, where is Christina, and who is this imposter? It’s pretty clear CA has been kidnapped to a remote island and hidden away from the world while this replica is out to destroy her credibility. I think it’s Britney with prosthetics and some hella auto tune. I mean, Genie, Dirrty, Ain’t No Other Man, Not Myself Tonight, Your Body....and....Accelerate. Accelerate my ass, it most certainly doesn’t. I’m still waiting for it to drop, and the song already stopped playing about a minute ago.

Change would have been a better first single. Either that or she should have just re-recorded the entire Just Be Free project, said “I’m going back to the beginning,” and then retired. I’ll wait for the album to determine, but if this is representative of the whole album, I don’t see any slayage coming our way.

31603016_10154763689427824_5598099127096

31870456_10154763690657824_8567310121623

I really hope the album is better than this song. Not a grower for me... I just don't like it. Sounds like unfinished to me, unpolished, boring...

I like the cover tho, here in HQ:

xtina.jpg

Accelerate is by no means what I expected, but it's much more interesting melodically than most of Lotus in my opinion. I loved B2B and Bionic, but for me Lotus was a mess.

I pre-ordered the album, I'm hopeful there are some bops. Also seems she's aiming to take this album out on tour, which I would love! I had bought tickets to the Bionic Tour before it was cancelled. It's been more than 10 years since I saw her live!

On 03/05/2018 at 5:26 PM, dhrbb03 said:

Um, where is Christina, and who is this imposter? It’s pretty clear CA has been kidnapped to a remote island and hidden away from the world while this replica is out to destroy her credibility. I think it’s Britney with prosthetics and some hella auto tune. I mean, Genie, Dirrty, Ain’t No Other Man, Not Myself Tonight, Your Body....and....Accelerate. Accelerate my ass, it most certainly doesn’t. I’m still waiting for it to drop, and the song already stopped playing about a minute ago.

I actually find her quite annoying most of the time but this is her most interesting single since "Ain't No Other Man", if not "Dirrrty" in my opinion. 

I,m not convinced so far. I gave it many listen and there's something I don't like. I don't know if its the melody or the production or the song in its whole.

Stil hyped for the album, just hope the rest is better. I'd love some power Balad like You Loste Me, If You Lfit Me Up or SAve Me From Myself, i would truly enjoy anothr sensual song like Sex for Breakfast and so on. We'll see.

I'm down for the Demi Lovato Collab it's going to be epic

I have a feeling that Aguilera achieved a point in her career in which she composes whatever she wants and doesn't give a dawn to what people think about her music. Like Madonna.

7 hours ago, karlafalves said:

I have a feeling that Aguilera achieved a point in her career in which she composes whatever she wants and doesn't give a dawn to what people think about her music. Like Madonna.

That’s one thing I’ve seen her do a couple of times and it’s worked out well. This just isn’t hitting the mark for me. Maybe it’s a grower. Kylie was a bit grower for me with Dancing, and she’s usually instant as well, so I’m giving it time to settle and then I’ll see what I think.

I jumped the gun with the Just Be Free thing, no album deserves that cruel comparison, but after all the buildup over the years, this is just anticlimactic. She typically has an interesting selection of singles each era, bar Lotus, so I’m hoping this album isn’t just more of the same by the time the next track drops.

On 03/05/2018 at 3:31 PM, karlafalves said:

I just don't know what to say. Not my taste :(

Oh my goodness, that was horrible

For the first time I not liked the song much, but after listening 2,3,4 times....believe me, I enjoyed the new song! Something different than other Aguilera songs, that's good, a artist cant make always the same kind of music, right?  I guess Accelerate will be the Intro for the album, like her always do. Waiting for the other singles now.