Madonna as Lulu Smith

I always found it fascinating Madonna wanted to sneak this past the public while she was continuing to reach her peak.  What are your thoughts on Lulu Smith AKA Madonna's contribution to this track?  I will admit that I wanted more from Madonna, especially since this was a dry spell between music projects from her.  It definitely has a very similar production as her own work. I'm sure that has to do with the fact that Patrick Leonard helped produce this track (and the album it came from).  She does sound lovely even though she's only singing the lyric:  "Scheherazade". 

21 hours ago, LivingForLove94 said:

Totally forgot about this.

Great track. 

Her contribution here is minimal but it's always lovely to hear her voice. 

Another great background vocalist moment from 1988 is the extended version of Nick Kamen's Tell Me. 

That also reminds me of the song "Sidewalk Talk".  I was in the grocery store Friday and that song came on. I wasn't expecting it.  And of course, the employees would be making an announcement over it, every time Madonna was heard. LOL! 

24 minutes ago, Liam said:

That also reminds me of the song "Sidewalk Talk".  I was in the grocery store Friday and that song came on. I wasn't expecting it.  And of course, the employees would be making an announcement over it, every time Madonna was heard. LOL! 

ST is such a gem, love that she's also had hits as a songwriter for others (while still singing the chorus though :whip:). 

Sidewalk Talk, Each time you break my heart, Love won't wait, Like a Flower are all well known hits that prove her lyrical and musical talent even more, love them. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 9:32 AM, LivingForLove94 said:

ST is such a gem, love that she's also had hits as a songwriter for others (while still singing the chorus though :whip:). 

Sidewalk Talk, Each time you break my heart, Love won't wait, Like a Flower are all well known hits that prove her lyrical and musical talent even more, love them. 

Her version of "Love Won't Wait" is so awesome.  I'm sure it would have a pretty decent hit if she released it herself.

On 03/03/2018 at 5:43 PM, LivingForLove94 said:

Totally forgot about this.

Great track. 

Her contribution here is minimal but it's always lovely to hear her voice. 

Another great background vocalist moment from 1988 is the extended version of Nick Kamen's Tell Me. 

It's the Dub Mix where you can hear her, you don't hear too much on the Extended version

• 1 month later...