Madonna comments on Guy Oseary's instagram

Luiz Ribeiro

I think she should surround herself with people who are actually willing to give their 100% when it comes to writing/producing a new record. What she says reminds me of the days when she admitted being really frustrated about working with people who are already committed to other professional projects. William Orbit had his share about the topic as well after the MDNA 'disaster', she wasn't even 100% on it... so what is she expecting? It's very complex.

I don't think this is her vs. Oseary. I think she is alluding to the fact that that clip implies the creative process was very different back then, compared to what it is now.

I think she's shading the younger generation (myself included) in general -- and in music for sure. The Snapchat generation of musicians and celebrities. The generation so absorbed with social media and self-promotion. The generation in which almost anyone can be a celebrity/singer/etc -- especially the talentless. Ugh.  

And I do agree with her. I don't like the teenage celebs popping up from social media nowadays -- my generation kinda.

I belong with the "teens during the late 80s/90s" group.

She's still allowed to be a visionary and she doesn't really have to work with people who don't have time or aren't passionate and committed to her vision. There's no "way that things are done now". If you have control you can make an album whatever way you want to. 

I don't really like that she's putting this sentiment of frustration about the process out there already tbh. 

Well, my problem about Guy O in nowadays is this.

He was good manager for sure. And good friend of Madonna. But it feels like he just use Madonna for his new clients in nowadays. For example amy schumer. she is also Guy O.' clients. right? You know what I'm trying to saying? 

It feels like Guy doesn't introduce these young artist for Madonna, It feels like Guy does introduce these young artist for their own shake. You know something like "you should hang out with Madonna, You should work with Madonna it is good for your publicity and your resume."

That's the my problem with Guy O in nowadays. It seems like his focus is on somewhere  else (=his new clients or potential future clients) not madonna.

I bet that probably these producers has same pattern.

2 hours ago, Fighter said:

She's still allowed to be a visionary and she doesn't really have to work with people who don't have time or aren't passionate and committed to her vision. There's no "way that things are done now". If you have control you can make an album whatever way you want to. 

I don't really like that she's putting this sentiment of frustration about the process out there already tbh. 

+1

She should write on her own or with experienced older people... people who can work hard and concentrate! I see the difference between me and my students!

Pat Leonard maybe? He's releasing a Madonna album!

I wonder if that verb "remember" in the post means "I remember" or "Do you remember?" straight to Guy!

She also wrote CAN YOU HELP ME NOW PLEASE!

There's clearly no Vs in that conversation. If anything she's lamenting the way things used to be. I tend to think that recently M has been diluted by too many writers and too many producers. I wish she'd lock herself away with someone and go on THAT journey that leads to an amazing album. She has to put in the time and effort as well though, as much as I love Hard Candy and MDNA you can tell she had less input than others on those albums. I don't want generic, god knows I listen to enough of that already.

Guest TheLookofLove

I think it’s more of a shady remark towards the millennial generation. We’re too busy wanting to be well liked in social media and it’s only gotten more shallow with YouTubers and Viners replacing real talent like Madonna who pushed boundaries. It’s all about who has the biggest number of followers or who’s “breaking the Internet”.

12 hours ago, Enrico said:

She should write on her own or with experienced older people... people who can work hard and concentrate! I see the difference between me and my students!

Pat Leonard maybe? He's releasing a Madonna album!

I wonder if that verb "remember" in the post means "I remember" or "Do you remember?" straight to Guy!

She also wrote CAN YOU HELP ME NOW PLEASE!

It's interesting actually... after she made me know Ibeyi, I became a fan of their work and a follower of their social accounts: they're continously on tour around the whole world since the last week of January and they often "like" her Instagram posts after being tagged in her studio pics.

She clearly was already working on new songs in the autumn and Pat Leonard, after having got our attention last summer (really just to play one night in a club?), simply disappeared from socials to follow a new project.

Now we know she is collaborating with a pair of rappers, who usually appear on her songs as featuring artists, she was shot on planes travelling to or back from London more than once before Christmas and her backing Niky Richards was in Lisbon just a week ago.

Shortly I think the album is not more than a very few months to be released and she already got most of it done.

3 hours ago, BringUrLUV said:

I'm hoping that means that fire is coming cuz she IS NOT doing writing camps this time around. rather than I'm sick of this writing camp shit and the fire of my anger & frustration is coming soon.

But theres a whole thread where we are dragging each other, speculating and chomping at the bit for more pictures of Starrah with her hand on her face at douche garageband camp for kids. Madonna is a frickin' multimillionaire legend I don't get why she is hanging out with embryos. And Guy O. needs to stop like she didn't have nearly 20 years of wild success prior to ROL, pat yourself on the back a little more fella. 

7 hours ago, GetNasty said:

I think it’s more of a shady remark towards the millennial generation. We’re too busy wanting to be well liked in social media and it’s only gotten more shallow with YouTubers and Viners replacing real talent like Madonna who pushed boundaries. It’s all about who has the biggest number of followers or who’s “breaking the Internet”.

I'm not sure where people are getting this. :confused:

Anyways Im not sure what she's referring to with the whole standing up for herself making her a bitch instagram, but im glad shes standing up for her creative process. Is it messy to do it with public comments like this? MAYBE but she's a free woman lmao. Hopefully it will yield positive results and not drama.

Guest TheLookofLove
32 minutes ago, Fighter said:

I'm not sure where people are getting this. :confused:

Anyways Im not sure what she's referring to with the whole standing up for herself making her a bitch instagram, but im glad shes standing up for her creative process. Is it messy to do it with public comments like this? MAYBE but she's a free woman lmao. Hopefully it will yield positive results and not drama.

It better yield positive results. She's an established artist who's more than deserving of creative freedom.