Favorite music videos from the 2000s?

Someone

Favorite music videos from the 2000s?  

54 members voted

1. 1. Favorite music videos from the 2000s?

Don't Tell Me - It was one of my first introductions to Madonna as a kid and I remember seeing it on MTV.
WIFLFAG - Like a Grand Theft Auto wet dream come to life!
Die Another Day - Not the best Bond song but she delivered with that video!
American Life - The original video (Director's Cut too) was sublime and a true statement!
Hung Up - ABBA, Saturday Night Fever and a mix of Donna Summer come to life!
Sorry - The straight hair look alone!
4 Minutes - Not the best video but I remember the hype back in 08.

I think the last "BIG VIDEO" Madonna's made is "American life". After that, I don't think are bad videos at all but are good for the songs but I don't considere them artistic. Anyway, my favorite from the 00's is not "American life" so if I had to choose one I guess it would be "Don't tell me".

I miss that kind of videos full of coreography like "Vogue", "Human nature", "Don't tell me"... I think that's why I like the "Girl Gone WIld" video or the end of "4 Minutes" when she dance with Justin... Because she knows how to move. When I see her against a wall going up and down it's like "Ok, it's funny but is the same move all the time and anybody could do it..." (Maybe not as good as her but I miss the coreographies very, very much!

I think her backdrop videos to her tours have been far superior to her commercial videos during this decade ? Paradise. Bedtime Story(2004), Die Another Day(2008), Justify My Love(2012) and of course Iconic(2015) ? But if i had to choose from the list it would be Die Another day - no question - epic and amazingly edited and shocker ! Once again ignored by the MTV awards (She lost to Eminem's 8 Mile video - clearly a popularity vote rather than actual artistic merit :((  )

What It Feels Like For A Girl.  But I love the diversity in all these videos.  The FLAG American Life video is probably her worst video (ever), but that video wasn't intended. But I understand why she held back the original. 

mmm don't tell me no , she just dance in front of a screen  ( i would like it if she dance real in a desert ...), i would say

what it feels like for a girl ( outside video)

Die another day ( high budget i think)

Amarican life (original but the song is just weak )

hung up ( but i would like it more outside )

sorry ( it has it good moments )

ghosttown 

That decade probably saw a decrease in the creativity and quality of music videos. The songs were great, yes!, but the videos didn't do that much for the songs except for Music, Don't Tell Me, and Hung Up. No doubt why Gaga gained all the attention between 2009-2011, the lowest point in Madonna's overall career ever (yes, she was touring but that doesn't excuse the crappy Celebration video). 

On a positive note, I appreciate Madonna's kind of recovering on this area. Give Me All Your Luvin' and Bitch I'm Madonna, whether you hate them or not, are fun. 

8 hours ago, madgefan said:

On a positive note, I appreciate Madonna's kind of recovering on this area. Give Me All Your Luvin' and Bitch I'm Madonna, whether you hate them or not, are fun

This! So true. you hate or not at least these two videos has quality of Madonna's video used to be.

She looked gorgeous in Music, the animated segment is cute and weird at the same time

Don't Tell Me was great and innovative, it stands the test of time very well

WIFLFAG because who doesn't love a granny ?

DAD and AL because of course that's Madonna being Madonna

Hollywood for the Guy Bourdin references (I love this photographer) and for her irony in it. And it's one of my favourite songs anyway.