Fighter

Forum Upgrade February 2018

Can I request or suggest to increase the Profile pic limit. Right now, it's at .88 mb!  That's quite limiting, and I had to go through a many images to find one that would work.  If you prefer not to host anything bigger, then might I suggest re-adding the feature where we can link from a photo hosting site.  In fact, before the upgrade we had an option to link from a hosting site.  :)

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Can I request or suggest to increase the Profile pic limit. Right now, it's at .88 mb!  That's quite limiting, and I had to go through a many images to find one that would work.  If you prefer not to host anything bigger, then might I suggest re-adding the feature where we can link from a photo hosting site.  In fact, before the upgrade we had an option to link from a hosting site.  :)

The profile photos in this version are just small cover photos, I think 900kb is more than enough considering that. It wouldn't be good if we had to download several megabytes of image when visiting a member profile. getting a small image off google, cropping it before hand or compressing it with photoshop works. Mine is 2560x1600px and its only 431kb. lol

19 hours ago, Fighter said:

The profile photos in this version are just small cover photos, I think 900kb is more than enough considering that. It wouldn't be good if we had to download several megabytes of image when visiting a member profile. getting a small image off google, cropping it before hand or compressing it with photoshop works. Mine is 2560x1600px and its only 431kb. lol

Unfortunately, most avatars use for profiles are higher that 900 KB. It also cuts off using animated images.  That said, I can understand that you don't want to house big files on your host, but can we have an option to linking it from a host that is willing?  ;)

@FighterA problem I want to mention is that if we add a video link from youtube for example on our status updates it doesn't show up, there's an empty space only. The video shows up only on our profile. Like groovyguy's recent post if you noticed there's nothing showing up on his posted update.

27 minutes ago, Liam said:

Unfortunately, most avatars use for profiles are higher that 900 KB. It also cuts off using animated images.  That said, I can understand that you don't want to house big files on your host, but can we have an option to linking it from a host that is willing?  ;)

wait you mean avatars? I thought you meant profile covers pics. Avatars are only a 160x240 px image. It's not about what we wanna host or not, it's about page loading times and it's easy to compress an image before uploading it. My avatar is 19kb. My gif signature is 489kb. :ay: 900kb is enough

1 minute ago, MadonnaLove said:

@FighterA problem I want to mention is that if we add a video link on our status updates it doesn't show up, there's an empty space only. The video shows up only on our profile. Like groovyguy's recent post if you noticed there's nothing showing up on his posted update.

make sure you have rich text enabled on the status updates there should be an option

5 minutes ago, Fighter said:

wait you mean avatars? I thought you meant profile covers pics. Avatars are only a 160x240 px image. It's not about what we wanna host or not, it's about page loading times and it's easy to compress an image before uploading it. My avatar is 19kb. My gif signature is 489kb. :ay: 900kb is enough

make sure you have rich text enabled on the status updates there should be an option

@Fighterlol I don't understand 

45 minutes ago, Fighter said:

The profile avatars yes.  But that is rather small. But I totally understand if you don't want to personally host anything bigger.  But in the past version, we had an option to use a photo host to link to.  Is there a way to enable such a feature?  As mentioned, the previous set up, I was able to link to a photo site to host my profile avatar pic, but there is not an option to do that with this current version.

On 20/02/2018 at 6:52 PM, Andymad said:

@FighterI can no longer see status updates/post updates or the recent posts box at bottom of screen on mobile... wondering if it might be my phone?

@Fighteri'm with the same problem, i saw your reply to this but It didn't fixed.