Madonna as interval act for EUROVISION 2018?

WopaelWopael

Hey guys, I read in the www that there might be a chance that M. is working for much longer on M14 than we might think.

What do you guys think about the idea of her being the interval act (halftime act) for the ESC in LISBON May12.

I think it would be a great way to start her (political?) Album with a great performance and the chance to reach a lot of viewers from europe + australia.

2016 it was justin timberlake so I dont see it as that weird that a not european show act performs, also madonna moved to lisbon as everybody know so she must be a sympathetic choice for the responsable commitee...

IM EXCITEDDDDD

But lets stay real and calm...

Wishful thinking.  She never said she was "working" on new music back in September.  She simply stated the new environment she was staying in (Lisbon) was inspiring her.  To exactly quote her from her Sept. 2nd  Instagram post: 

"The energy of Portugal is so inspiring. I feel very creative and alive here and I look forward to working on my film LOVED and making New Music!!! â¤. . This will be the next Chapter in My Book! ♥
It's time to conquer the world from a different vantage point!! "

I firmly believe that it wasn't until the other day she stepped in a recording studio.  Not to say she wasn't writing all along or trying to line people up to work with these last few months, but I don't believe any music or any vocals had been recorded until last week.

Me too! Those people she invited to london just to brainstorm lyrics? Just 1 week? I dont think so. They surely recorded the vocals to stuff they already well planned. Maybe 2-3 songs.

No one said she invited them to "brainstorm" lyrics.  I suspect it's more like punching out the actual composition these last few days.  Before that, I'm sure she's been scheduling people to get together with her as well as writing lyrics and melodies on her own.  But I'm betting nothing has been recorded until this past week. 

No one said she invited them to "brainstorm" lyrics.  I suspect it's more like punching out the actual composition these last few days.  Before that, I'm sure she's been scheduling people to get together with her as well as writing lyrics and melodies on her own.  But I'm betting nothing has been recorded until this past week. 

I know, but my original input about it was that I guess the album is more advanced in works than we might think.

I know, but my original input about it was that I guess the album is more advanced in works than we might think.

Again, wishful thinking.  If she was in the studio before last week, we would have known about it by now.  The woman can't go far without people figuring out where she's at and what she's doing. 

In Europe Eurovision is regarded as the ultimate tackiness. It propelled Abba's career as much as it ruined it. Please M, don't do it

I don't get this mindset? Especially since it's watched by millions and possibly the most popular show at the moment.  I feel the same way when people say Madonna's "above" certain things.  Really?  So just because she is a legendary icon, she should just ignore ways to maximize her exposure especially at a time when many mainstream sources which used to support her, no longer do.  I'd say, if she can get on and use it to her advantage, go for it. 

I don't get this mindset? Especially since it's watched by millions and possibly the most popular show at the moment.  I feel the same way when people say Madonna's "above" certain things.  Really?  So just because she is a legendary icon, she should just ignore ways to maximize her exposure especially at a time when many mainstream sources which used to support her, no longer do.  I'd say, if she can get on and use it to her advantage, go for it. 

In Europe Eurovision is regarded as the ultimate tackiness. It propelled Abba's career as much as it ruined it. Please M, don't do it

i think Rotzheimberg thinks we want her to participate in the Contest. But its just for the halftime show, like Justin Timberlake did 2016 for example.

Well it could be awesome european exposure with a hot new dance track to premier. Since Europe seems to appreciate her more than NA it seems this past decade. She could possibly pull that off.  She may have more up her sleeves than we assume.  If not a new track, then reinvented classics--- giving us a glimpse of her new vision. And cones. I mean I don't want her to do it if there aren't cones involved. I'm daydreaming. Sue me.

I've always had the impression that it would be tacky from what other people say, but I've never even watched it, not even sure how it is or what.  :thinker:

the only tacky thing about it is the contest itself with the attitude of some countries, who are only voting for their neighboring countrys. But anyway the interval act would be great for her, not just to promote soemthing, but also for the chance to kind of "represent" lissbon with her privat history with it! She loves Lisbon...I think she would love to do that performance.

Well it could be awesome european exposure with a hot new dance track to premier. Since Europe seems to appreciate her more than NA it seems this past decade. She could possibly pull that off.  She may have more up her sleeves than we assume.  If not a new track, then reinvented classics--- giving us a glimpse of her new vision. And cones. I mean I don't want her to do it if there aren't cones involved. I'm daydreaming. Sue me.

reinvented classis? Like the La Isla Bonita Major Lazer Mix Or more like the Jimmy Fallon Borderline Version?

I think both would leave the people thinking "For What?" (with Stella/Esther Voice)