Rumor: Lana del Rey has recorded a cover of 'You Must Love Me'

MadgeSlave

As she normally swears like a truck driver in her songs, I wonder where she might have shouted 'fuck' in the cover...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

She doesn't that often lol you make it sound like she singing like a trucker. She does like the 'fuck' and that's just relable lol.

Done forget her cover of Creep by Radiohead, renamed to Get Free on her Lust for Life album 

:Madonna003:

Even though lana herself tweeted about a lawsuit and coming back to her on residual percentage, it was in the end false. But Radiohead was sued for creep by anohter back in the day - so just all dumb. Migual had a song on this one album that he would come back as ripping of Smashing Pumpkins and cred just in case, prepping for it now lol.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes yesterday it was working.

The cover is actually really nice, Lana didn't "add" anything to it but she still did a good job. Madonna's version remains unmatched. 

I love Lana and own every album of hers but apart from Blue Velvet/Once Upon a Dream and The Other Woman (which are REALLY beautiful) I feel covers are not where she shines. 

Guest TheLookofLove

I much preferred her cover of Once Upon A Dream for the Maleficent soundtrack. It would’ve never lived up to the original since no one can interpret it like the Queen.

It did pretty much stick true to the original. At the same time, it was very much sung in her style.  Of course, it doesn't grab you emotionally as Madonna's version.  You really feel the pain and anguish in her voice.