What is the most out oftune presentation of Madonna?

Luiz Ribeiro

What's interesting, at the time, people looked past her weak vocals on these live performances.  Many of her live promotional performances at this time were vocally off. I think Ray of Light/Shanti was the worst, but the opening was good, but then when she went into "Ray of Light" it was quite bad vocally.  Yet, that performance was still bad ass.  The energy she and Lenny kicked up was a huge talking point for some time. 

What's interesting, at the time, people looked past her weak vocals on these live performances.  Many of her live promotional performances at this time were vocally off. I think Ray of Light/Shanti was the worst, but the opening was good, but then when she went into "Ray of Light" it was quite bad vocally.  Yet, that performance was still bad ass.  The energy she and Lenny kicked up was a huge talking point for some time. 

Yes man, I remember watching TV, and the beginning of the presentation was incredible, I was super happy, then came that ....

Yes man, I remember watching TV, and the beginning of the presentation was incredible, I was super happy, then came that ....

Even so, you have to admit she powered through with a kick ass performance.  She was able to pull me in visually and made me almost forget how bad she sounded.  That's what I call a true entertainer. 

Like this lol ? 

I actually love this.  I prefer this any day over her trying to sing with a backing track louder than her or her miming to a track.  I also never felt she was trying to prove anything here with the vocals. I feel this was all about her wanting to "rock out" with the guitar.  She has definitely has given us fans a variety in her show since Drowned World Tour. 

Oh really? I find her vocal so close to the album in this presentation.

I agree this isn't bad at all.  And now that I listen to "Nothing Really Matters" live performance at the Grammys, that wasn't too bad of a vocals either.  

But she did struggle nevertheless on a lot of these performances. 

In Ray Of Light she just is not in her real tone. But not sounds so bad. Borderline actually is not out of tune, only at the end of some words, I prefer her real vocals than the dubbed version for the DVD, she is in her rock voice, not the "nice CD voice", and I love it!

Like this lol ? 

??

That was wonderful? It's clear that people who find this out of tune have never been to rock and indie shows.

Rock is supposed to be raw.

I grew up on rock and heavy metal and people could never understand why I like Madonna.

Guitar Madonna is my favorite Madonna.

Enjoy your autotune I guess.

I LOVE this topic. Thank you.

First of all I uber adore her vocal faults live and yes I agree with who said that the ROL songs were all arranged out of her vocal range (that's why she's lowered the key of all of her songs when doing them live now)

I was gonna say The Power of Goodbye at the 1998 MTV EMAS as well, I remember seeing it live on TV and thinking I ADORE HER PITCHES

But I'll go for this, I wonder how many of us fans have kept our breath during this video...

Another embarrassing one was Hey You at Live8 - my mum said when she heard it that she sounded awful.....and she was right. Thank God she made it up with the next songs...

a62345e502c81083157593eba2b64669.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Oh really? I find her vocal so close to the album in this presentation.

Her vocal performance really had ups and downs. For example the part where she sings

Do you wanna go HiiiIIIiiiIIIIIGheEEEEeeeeRRR makes my cat cry, but after the orchestral interlude her voice gets louder and shows great potential. Anyway, I don't get why she was never able to sing the ROL tracks live properly in that period. Only Little Star at Oprah and Frozen at the Rainforest Benefit save the era.

I LOVE this topic. Thank you.

First of all I uber adore her vocal faults live and yes I agree with who said that the ROL songs were all arranged out of her vocal range (that's why she's lowered the key of all of her songs when doing them live now)

I was gonna say The Power of Goodbye at the 1998 MTV EMAS as well, I remember seeing it live on TV and thinking I ADORE HER PITCHES

But I'll go for this, I wonder how many of us fans have kept our breath during this video...

Another embarrassing one was Hey You at Live8 - my mum said when she heard it that she sounded awful.....and she was right. Thank God she made it up with the next songs...

a62345e502c81083157593eba2b64669.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I remember this day perfectly, the TV broadcast here from Brazil simply cut the beginning of the ceremony, I was very angry. I remember seeing the video later and being a bit embarrassed. But today I find the presentation quite acceptable. I think there are two situations: YMLM is a very complicated song to sing, very lyric, and then we have the big problem that brings together ALL of these presentations, the very bad idea of microphones for TV. It is amazing how sometimes the sound came out extremely loud and the music in the background very low. I do not know exactly explain, but it is different from the audio capture that we heard in other situations.

Live 8....oh.... :(

??

That was wonderful? It's clear that people who find this out of tune have never been to rock and indie shows.

Rock is supposed to be raw.

I grew up on rock and heavy metal and people could never understand why I like Madonna.

Guitar Madonna is my favorite Madonna.

Enjoy your autotune I guess.

Raw yes, but not strained af?. She's singing outside her comfortable range. Borderline at Jimmy Fallon was super pitched down so she could sing it comfortably unlike the S&S performance where she's trying really hard to sing it in its original pitch and often failing.