Sisley Reactions Thread - 30/06: Like a Prayer album

Curtains

I'm keeping all her reaction videos in one thread from now on to avoid posting too many! For those who don't know, this girl is reacting to all of Madonna's discography and videography! Make sure to check it out! ?

The First Album era:

-Album reaction:

-Everybody video:

-Burning Up video:

-Lucky Star video:

-Borderline video:

Like a Virgin era:

-Album reaction:

-Like a Virgin video:

-Material Girl video:

-Crazy for You video:

-Into the Groove video: 

-Dress You Up video: 

True Blue era:

Album reaction:

-Live to Tell video:

-Papa Don't Preach video: 

-True Blue video: 

-Open Your Heart video:

-La Isla Bonita video: 

-Who's That Girl video: 

Like a Prayer era:

-Album reaction: 

Thanks.  I enjoy this girl.  She's fun.  And personally I didn't mind you posting a thread for each reaction video or era.  If people don't care about it, then they can easily just ignore the thread, just like any other thread they aren't interested in. 

Thanks.  I enjoy this girl.  She's fun.  And personally I didn't mind you posting a thread for each reaction video or era.  If people don't care about it, then they can easily just ignore the thread, just like any other thread they aren't interested in. 

I might still do that if you want, but I don't want to annoy anyone though! :)

I might still do that if you want, but I don't want to annoy anyone though! :)

People get annoyed about the silliest things. I see how they treated you over at another fan forum for posting. A lot of people enjoyed it, but there were the usual that came in to spoil the fun and turn this into a negative.  It's amazing to see some fans get so irate over how the media and others pick on Madonna and be negative and the one time we have a young eccentric girl just genuinely enjoying Madonna for the first time, some fans have to turned it into something negative.  It's ridiculous. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Curtains said:

Apparently, she forgot Gambler. But hey, she finally reacted to the True Blue album! :)

I don't think it has anything to do with her "forgetting".   Most people don't even remember that song. Besides, Gambler really never got an official original video. It was just a promotional clip from the film. 

What I find interesting is that "Love Makes The World Go Round"  ended up being her favorite from 'True Blue'.  She obviously loves more care free tracks.  Also, her comments regarding the length of tracks and how songs like "Live to Tell" would not hold the attention of people now is so true.  It's quite sad because I remember I was a teen, "Live To Tell" did hold my attention.  This idea that we have to have a lot of quick changes in tempo, etc, to keep the latest generation attention, is just unfortunate because there are a lot of great songs like "Live To Tell" out there.

Watching someone go chronologically through her catalogue is very interesting. Especially those who have minimal exposure to her. I love the comment with this album of how the depth of lyrics is changing. Where the first two albums are her pushing the envelope, True Blue finds her digging at it. Like A Prayer will continue this and Erotica will be a glorious sinkhole only M could discover. Very excited for the next two albums after True Blue!

This girl doesn't understand the impact Madonna had back in the day.  It's understandable because times are different.  Even Madonna's most controversial moments seem pretty tame these days.  But unless you lived the experience, it's understandable in this day in age when attention spans are lacking, those today will not get how a song like "Live to Tell" was a great choice for a lead single and became a big hit for Madonna. Also, it was a time where Madonna made a huge transition with her look, sound, music and lyrics. 

I only got through 9 seconds. Her voice is grating and I could not listen to 22 minutes of a deranged millennial muppet.

The thing about reaction videos is that that's all they are, just instant reactions. no real thought or emotion, they're really just trying to get views on their channels. There's no actual connection between the person viewing the content and the time period they're tapping into. It's not like when we'd watch old movies and take into account the old Hollywood studio system, the Hayes code, the two world wars etc. It's just different for these kids but it does give you an insight into things are being chipped away at. We can only hope that after this generation things start to reform.

1 hour ago, AspergerArtist said:

I only got through 9 seconds. Her voice is grating and I could not listen to 22 minutes of a deranged millennial muppet.

The thing about reaction videos is that that's all they are, just instant reactions. no real thought or emotion, they're really just trying to get views on their channels. There's no actual connection between the person viewing the content and the time period they're tapping into. It's not like when we'd watch old movies and take into account the old Hollywood studio system, the Hayes code, the two world wars etc. It's just different for these kids but it does give you an insight into things are being chipped away at. We can only hope that after this generation things start to reform.

I think you're being unfair and quite mean spirited regarding this girl. Obviously, she has a disability.  But to call her a "deranged millennial muppet" is quite insensitive and highly judgmental when you know nothing about her.  I've watched enough of her videos to see that she's quite genuine in her reaction.  Obviously, it's not about "views" for her. If you look at her account, most of her videos are not viewed that much.  Again, this seems to be a genuine interest of hers.  She loves music in general. She seems to understand a lot about music concept and visual aspects.

I totally get how some could be turned off by her excessive "oooohs", cheery attitude and mannerism, but I feel this is truly who she is.  It's odd that in most Madonna groups, the only reactionary videos that get a thumbs up are from other gay good looking guys, and even with that if someone assumes that person being anymore than complimentary to Madonna, they are written off as well.  Strange since the same people who do that, are very quick to be judgmental towards anything Madonna does. 

10 minutes ago, LivingForLove94 said:

I don't have anything against Youtube reactors but they should just stick to contemporary artists.

Legends are not for them. 

Why? Why can't someone experience the old as just as well as the new?  In fact, the more the merrier. It gives me hope to see Madonna isn't being left in the dust with the younger generation.  It gives me hope they see the huge impact she has been on popular music.  Furthermore, Madonna is still quite contemporary in my eyes since she's still producing new music.

I guess that I don't comprehend why some must put restrictions on how people appreciate artists and their music, especially legends who have been around for a long time, that may have impact pop cultural like Madonna has.

33 minutes ago, Liam said:

Why? Why can't someone experience the old as just as well as the new?  In fact, the more the merrier. It gives me hope to see Madonna isn't being left in the dust with the younger generation.  It gives me hope they see the huge impact she has been on popular music.  Furthermore, Madonna is still quite contemporary in my eyes since she's still producing new music.

I guess that I don't comprehend why some must put restrictions on how people appreciate artists and their music, especially legends who have been around for a long time, that may have impact pop cultural like Madonna has.

You have a valid point.

Thing is I feel these kids are too young to comprehend Madonna, the impact she had at the time and keeps on having now, her lyrics, her message, what she stands for, her influences. Madonna has always been more than a popstar, she's a culturally enriching artists, you have to study her work to comprehend it 100%, you need to have a significant musical knowledge too to understand her. And certainly you're not going to accomplish that with a reaction video on YT. 

The point I'm trying to make is that while I'm happy that she's getting some attention from millennials they should just grow up a little and expand their musical knowledge, then come back to Madonna and do a thoughtful reaction to her art. 

The only YT reactor I respect is AJayll, she's smart and actually reviews each song, understanding the lyrics and sharing her opinions about them, I'd love to watch some M reactions from her, we should ask her :cute: 

PS: I LOVE your signature :luv:

48 minutes ago, LivingForLove94 said:

You have a valid point.

Thing is I feel these kids are too young to comprehend Madonna, the impact she had at the time and keeps on having now, her lyrics, her message, what she stands for, her influences. Madonna has always been more than a popstar, she's a culturally enriching artists, you have to study her work to comprehend it 100%, you need to have a significant musical knowledge too to understand her. And certainly you're not going to accomplish that with a reaction video on YT. 

The point I'm trying to make is that while I'm happy that she's getting some attention from millennials they should just grow up a little and expand their musical knowledge, then come back to Madonna and do a thoughtful reaction to her art. 

The only YT reactor I respect is AJayll, she's smart and actually reviews each song, understanding the lyrics and sharing her opinions about them, I'd love to watch some M reactions from her, we should ask her :cute: 

PS: I LOVE your signature :luv:

I don't think age should play a factor here.  People back in the day didn't get her, so there's no doubt. people today will have a hard time grasping what she's all about.  That said, this girl is quite knowledgeable regarding music concept and theory. She's obviously studied it.  Some of her comments in other videos, hinted so.  Also, I believe she's older than she looks.  When reviewing the True Blue album, when "La Isla..." came on, she freaked out and recognized it, and stated it was the "one Madonna song that was played constantly in her country in the 90's". 

Over all, Madonna is quite complex.  I think a lot of people from the beginning have had a hard time understanding her.  So it only will make it even hard for those who are much younger. Though, it doesn't mean people along the way can't hop on, and try to understand.

This girl seems to be interested in not only current music.  She recognizes a lot of popular acts (like Madonna) who have impacted popular music.  She has a wide interest in artists spanning back many decades.  In fact, I was surprised that one of her favorite finds is Paul Simon.  She doesn't just pick who is popular or their most popular song either.  I had to google the song she was talking about (in one of her reaction videos) regarding Paul Simon, as I didn't recognize it right off, even though I'm quite familiar with a lot of his music.

So I can't speak for some of the others who react to Madonna videos, but I do think this girl is interested in the idea of who Madonna is and how she impacted pop music and pop cultural.  She totally gets how visionary Madonna comes off, and seems to be quite interested in Madonna's style and how influential she is.  I'll be interested to see how she reacts to Madonna's constant changes in looks as well since now she's starting to get into her third album. 

Sure, she won't get Madonna completely as someone follows her every move, but I don't think anyone who does, completely gets Madonna.

Pretty rude for you to say considering she has a disability.

And she doesn't just have instant reactions. She comments on the instruments and lyrics throughout each track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk