1998 - Ray Of Light [20 Years Old]

r0bski

Didn't M like the idea of unreleased editions of her work in volumes? She mentioned it in a RH live chat so she isn't opposed to it.

Yes, now that you mention it, it was during the Saturday Night Online Chat. Someone asked if she would be interested in releasing an album of unreleased songs from the first album to Rebel Heart.  She answered; "That's a long ass album. I'm not sure you can fit that many songs on a record".  She went on to say that she would like to release her "unreleased" songs possibly in "installments" and thanked the person who asked the question for the idea. I had actually forgot she said this, so she very well could do it in the future.

I can understand the idea of people who says "Madonna made her art like she wanted it to be, so she don't have to add demos that were not good enough for the album".

But, on the other hand, I think that they can make a special edition respecting the original work. A Spanish band called Fangoria, always re-realise their albums after the promotion including a DVD with the videos and sometimes a promo concert of the album.

For me a good 20th anniversary edition would be:

CD: The Original album ("Has to be" included as a bonus track)

DVD: All the videos (included the remixed videos too), live performances and if the Roxy show was recorded it would be perfect.

BOOK: Song lyrics, pictures, coments of Madonna and producers about the songs...

All of it with the same cover that was used for the limited edition would be great for fans and her art would be the same as she wanted to sell in 1998.

A Veronica Electronica album would be amazing in an ideal world.

Remix albums were popular follow-ups to actual studio albums in the early 90s and I'd like the trend to come back.

Obviously this is fans stuff, not for the mainstream public.

Keeping up my dreaming, I'd like a new series of remixes for each song of the original album, ordered in the same way as the album.

As per the artwork, she'd then use the same people who did the ROL booklet. I'd personally go for the Elle magazine black and white pics, so to offer a similar set of pics as the original booklet, just in black and white.

Dreams, huh?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Veronica Electronica ........ How many versions of this?

I ask, because I searched for a tracklist and all i could find on on discogs was a 'Veronica Electronica 4'

Also found this listed on google docs (which differs to that on discogs)

1-01 Ray of Light (Sasha's Twilo Mix) - 132 BPM
1-02 Frozen (Extended Club Mix) - 126 BPM
1-03 Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix) - 140.16 BPM
1-04 Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Vocal Club Mix) - 128 BPM
1-05 Drowned World _ Substitute For Love (BT And Sasha's Bucklodge Ashram Remix) - 136 BPM
1-06 Ray of Light (Calderone Club Mix) - 130 BPM

2-01 Ray of Light (Liquid Mix) - 127.22 BPM
2-02 The Power of Good-Bye (Dallas' Low End Mix) - 85 BPM
2-03 Frozen (Stereo Mc's Mix) - 108.30 BPM
2-04 Nothing Really Matters (Vikram Remix) - 116.88 BPM
2-05 Sky Fits Heaven (Victor Calderone Remix Edit) - 135 BPM
2-06 Nothing Really Matters (Kruder & Dorfmeister Mix) - 116.76 BPM
2-07 Frozen (Widescreen Mix) - 107.99 BPM
2-08 Has to Be (Non-Album Track) - 100.79 BPM

1 The Power Of Goodbye (Juniorverse Mix) [Remix [uncredited] – Junior Vasquez] 9:30

2 Ray Of Light (Sasha's Twilo Mix) 10:57

3 Frozen (Stereo MC's Club Mix) Remix – Sasha 5:45

4 Swim (Club Radio Mix) 4:33

5 The Power Of Goodbye (Epic Anthem Mix (Part 2)) 5:50

6 Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Mix Show Mix)Remix – Stereo MC's 5:36

7 Skin (Ursaminor Mix) 5:21

8 Beautiful Stranger (Victor Calderone Edit)Remix – Club 69 4:02

9 Ray Of Light (Victor Calderone Drum Mix)Remix – Victor Calderone 5:26

10 The Power Of Goodbye (Epic Anthem Dub Mix) 5:05 Remix – Victor Calderone

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Veronica-Electronica-4/release/6042413

Discogs listing

Madonna â€Žâ€“ Veronica Electronica 4

Label:
Maverick (2) â€Žâ€“ PRO-CD-VER04-R
Format:
CDr, Compilation, Promo, Unofficial Release 
Released:
Genre:
Style:

• 3 weeks later...

Just because she "authorized remixes" and had "demos" doesn't mean it belongs with the project. She is an artist who can afford to commission many people to remix her songs, to end up choosing which one she prefers. The demos that didn't make the album because it didn't fit her vision of the final product.

I prefer if she is going to release "unreleased" work, it be done on a separate project. Possibly an album of "unreleased" work. I don't believe she'll ever do that either. She has always come off to me as an artist that has a particular idea of what music she wants the public to hear, and the "unreleased" material is meant to be locked away forever.

I agree 100%

Everytime someone says 'the album could have done without that song' or 'this song could have been better' I just think to myself how much of an artist and visionary Madonna is that I just appreciated the final product because that's what she wants us to hear

Fans complain about HC, MDNA and RH because it wasn't what they were expecting, I don't understand that. All 3 albums have a fresh sound and great tracks but fans will still complain because she didn't repeat COADF??? We already have that album, we don't need a sequel. I'm happy with every single one of her albums and I think the fans should stop complaining and start appreciating

Anyways enough about that.. ray of light is a great album and should be re released as the original 13 track album with '20th anniversary edition' stamped on the front cover under where it says ray of light

Please! This is a plead for any member here that got hold of a digital copy of this demo cd (and I know for a fact there are at least 5 users with it)... this is the year to share it with us!!

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Demo-Assembly-As-Of-6497/release/7459021

Wow five?! ... well, ALL MY SUPPORT FOR YOUR PLEA! I've been dieing to hear those songs for years.

Said that, I'd never put this excellent community in danger. Relations are more important even than M's best unreleased.

• 2 weeks later...

Twenty Years Ago, Madonna Was Reborn in a ‘Ray of Light’

https://www.theringer.com/music/2018/2/16/17020288/madonna-ray-of-light-20-years

The pop icon’s stunning turn to electronic music showed a spiritual side we’d never seen before and was the last time we learned about her interior life

MADONNA’S 'RAY OF LIGHT' TURNS 20: A TRACK-BY-TRACK REVIEW
Matthew Barton looks back at one of the Queen of Pop most career-defining records.