Would you go see an M tour that recreated performances from the past?

RUADJAI

61 members voted

1. 1. Would you see a tour that recreates performances from tours passed?

• No way!
    • Waaaay!
    • Madonna would never do that.
    • I'd go cuz it's Madonna, but I don't like the idea.

• 4 months later...

I highly doubt she'd do any, but only one comes to mind ...

A re-do of Blond Ambition's iconic Like A Virgin. That would be epic.

Also maybe, BA's Into the Groove "hey you don't be silly, put a condom on your willy" segment would be a great reminder to revamp. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would say no. Whatever performance she did on tour of a song...she was in a particular mindset, feeling, attitude when she did it and redoing it would never live up to the original performance. 

Like for instance...the opening of the Blond Ambition tour. I can't imagine the energy of that performance being recreated unless she was feeling everything now that she felt then. 

This is kind of a weak comparison because it's not a live performance but I love the video for "Love Don't Live Here Anymore." It's simple and beautiful and reminiscent of the Like A Virgin era. I like something like that. 

I really would like if she did new performances rather than bring back one she has done already. I think I have to say no but I voted that I don't think Madonna would do that. 

On 6/21/2018 at 8:29 AM, Enrico said:

What she could do, like Cher, could be to have sections in the tour corresponding to different eras, recreating the same looks with wigs and outfits...

The problem is; Cher has always reverted to these looks throughout the years when performing the songs.  Madonna just re-invents the songs, so she's had different looks for many versions of her classics.   But in the same vein of what you're mentioning, it might be cool for her to re-visit her eras dressed the way she was then.  So when performing first album and Virgin album songs, maybe the wedding dress, ratty hair and hair ties/bracelets and then maybe a Pants suit with some of her True Blue and few songs from the Like A Prayer album (but not LAP).  Move on to Dita and then her Ray of Light years and so on.

Then again, it's too gimmicky. Madonna isn't just that sort of artist.

I think it would work if she did a Vegas sit down, but you’re right, she isn’t that kind of artist. I don’t think I’d like to see her dressed up LAV ratty hair and wedding dress... but I’d warmly welcome any kind of reinvented cone bra. She wears it well and aside from the “mole”, her signature look really is cones. 

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

I think it would work if she did a Vegas sit down, but you’re right, she isn’t that kind of artist. I don’t think I’d like to see her dressed up LAV ratty hair and wedding dress... but I’d warmly welcome any kind of reinvented cone bra. She wears it well and aside from the “mole”, her signature look really is cones. 

Yeah i was trying to picture her doing LAV era hair and I laughed. That would be weird. Buuuut.... I feel like "Like a Virgin" from the Rebel Heart tour was definitely a take on that look. With the lace bustier and messy hair. And that was awesome. 

My favorite performance was "Justify My Love" from The Girlie Show Tour. Something similar would be cool. But an entire show I'm not sure. Although, maybe if her Re-invention Tour went off the heels of the Remixed & Revisited album....732e4644e1ecf506819517267ceb9323.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I remember in 1995 there was a magazine here in Spain (I can't remember the name) that wrote about something similar to what Cher did. All the news were inventions, so don't take this seriously. It was the kind of magazine with ridiculous things like "We've been in New York and we interviewed Madonna to know which product uses to dye her hair" and stupid things like that. It was very funny and they used beautiful pictures but of course there was no truths on it.

I remember an article saying that Madonna wanted to go on tour but she was too lazy to record and album and that she was going to make a greatest hits tour called "Time Machine Tour". They even talked about the set list and was something like this:

First Section:
Dress you up
Into the groove
Material girl
Like a virgin

This one full of globes and ties, and things like that. Not exactly the same dresses from "The virgin tour" but inspired on it.

Second Section:

Open your heart
Papa don't preach
La isla bonita
Who's that girl
Live to talk (I remember they used this title hahahaha)

This one with the black corset of the "Who's that girl tour" and a short blond wig.

Third Section:
Like a prayer
Express yourself
Cherish
Vogue

Using a new design of Jean Paul Gaultier corsets.

Fourth Section:

Erotica
Deeper and deeper
Rain
Take a bow (this one to promote the Bedtime Stories album).

I have to look for the article. Was very funny and they even had interviews of fans (possibly made up) and sketches and things like that. If I find it I will scan it for you, But as I said it was everything fake. Nothing official. They even said that she wanted to make more than 10 concerts in Spain...+

About the original post... I think it would be funny to see something inspired on her old eras but of course completly re-invented more that watching a recreation of her old tours. Maybe someday she does something but I'm sure that it would be completly new.

• 4 months later...