Sisley reacts to the Like a Virgin album

Curtains2

Thank you for posting this.  I wasn't expecting this so quickly from her.  She really is a joy to watch and listen to.  She reacts in a very genuine and honest way.  I love how constructive she can be, rather just say she doesn't understand or likes something, she elaborates on what she means.  You can tell she loves music and the history of music.  She definitely recognizes that Madonna has played a huge part in pop culture in 80's as well as understands Madonna is a huge visionary to music videos. And I'm so glad she reacted to the 1985 version of the album with "Into The Groove", being that song is a big part of that era as well.  Her first #1 single in UK, and no doubt would have been #1 in the U.S. if it was given a physical release. 

i really dont get this bizarre trend of people reacting to videos on youtube ??? what a bored society we must all be now .....

I would normally agree with you, but have you watched her videos (at least on Madonna)? She's quite inciteful.  You pretty much watch a fan in the making here.  She obviously understands the theory and evolution of music as well as a lot of technical aspects of it.  Add the fact that she's quite eccentric, colorful and genuine which  makes her enjoyable to watch. Lastly, it just nice to see someone from the younger generation genuinely admire and respect Madonna for what she accomplished.  I see nothing wrong with that.   

I like her videos because she finds things that we see as "normal" things just because we know the songs, the albums, the videos and sometimes we forget about them. 

My boyfriend plays in a rock band and I love to listen Madonna albums with him because, first of all, he respects every artist. He likes an artist or not but just for making music (or painting, or doing everything you can imagine) the artist deserves respect. 

The second reason that I love listen to Madonna with him is because he knows a lot of music and he tells me things about the instrumentation, the voice and some production details that I didn't even know that existed. He always says me about Madonna that how she sings, the songs and everything in her albums are full of quality. He just knew Madonna for the songs played on the radio and never thought that the "hidden songs" were so great. He never listened to a Madonna album complete. For example, with "Like a virgin" he knew "Material girl", "Like a virgin", "Into the groove" and "Dress you up" (he thought that "Crazy for you" was a single from this album too) but when he listened to songs like "Over and over" or "Love don't live here anymore" he was like "What the fuck!!! The rest of the album is as good as the singles". He even loved songs like "Shoo-bee-doo". For him the song has more quality than most of the people thinks. He says "Just with the tittle you think "it's a silly song" but has a great production..." and things that I don't understand.

Now that we are on the "Like a virgin" era I would love to ask you something... what the hell means "scoop, scoop, scoop, scoodooly be bop"????

i really dont get this bizarre trend of people reacting to videos on youtube ??? what a bored society we must all be now .....

I would also normally agree with you, there are many idiots out there but she is a joy to watch.

She seems to be educated in music and is genuinely interested in the past, which is more than I can say for most of her generation.

It's also great to relive experiencing Madonna for the first time through the eyes of someone who doesn't know much about her.

It gives me hope that there is an entire generation out there ready to discover what they have missed by being distracted by the trash they are forced to consume these days.

"scoop, scoop, scoop, scoodooly be bop"????

The song is a throwback to the 50s and 60s.

Doo-wop was music made by the African-American artists of Detroit, New York and Chicago.

Stevie Wonder had a song called "Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day" in the 60s.

Forgotten, I know what you mean there. Its like, I can mention her name, but the picture in most people's minds the 80s and maybe Erotica era. It's very disheartening. But let them listen to Music or Hung Up or 4 Minutes and they know those songs qquite well, just not that she did them.

It all depends on how much attention people pay attention to who is who, etc.  For fans, we can't mistake her.  It's hard for us to imagine people not differentiating between Madonna and the many other artists out there.  In fact, I know when I was younger before I really got into music, I never paid that much mind in who sang what, even though I may love a certain song I've heard.  Some people are that way all their life. They don't pay that close attention to music and who is singing what.  For some, all the women just blend together as much as the guy singers. And honestly, if I didn't know who Mariah Carey was, I'm sure I would confuse her music with a lot of other female singers who have great ranges.  Again, some people just don't pay that much attention to who is singing what.  Most younger people are like that before they get into music. And if they aren't really paying much attention to the music scene, they aren't going to tell the difference.  Also, Madonna isn't necessarily pushed into the public eye much anymore.  So it's getting harder and harder to follow what she is doing unless you're a bonafide fan who follows her immensely.  I can guarantee you that most kids under 12 have no idea who Madonna is. However, they may have heard some of her music, not understanding the impact she's had on the world.  Some of them will grow up to learn her impact, while others won't care, especially since Madonna is hardly considered "in" with this current music generation.