Why didn't Madonna sue Adi Lederman into poverty for stealing RH?

pepshettibone

On 1/15/2018 at 3:13 PM, Enrico said:

If they start selling things again, we will have more leaks.

One thing is certain: no material after 2015, such as full TOAC.

But it would be wonderful if they had stolen the old demos: that's the only chance we have to ever hear them...

if thats true then where did the billboard 2016 instrumental studio track come from then ?

On 6/18/2018 at 1:39 PM, Dunk96 said:

No, you're completely misreading what I was trying to say!
I was trying to make the point that Adi Lederman was not concerned about how big an artist was based on his multis/instr/vocals for sale lists. He had to know adding Prince to the list was going to stick out like a sore thumb and someone was going to start talking about it and asking questions. Prince was notorious for keeping his recordings in house while he was alive. The only exception was the funk sample cd series he threatened to release during his feud with Warner. 
Since there's only a handful of qualified studio engineers that do the digital transfers for the major labels and big artists, eventually it could easily be tracked back to it's origin in this case I believe he hacked into a a studio server. At least that is the rumor amongst my peers. 
At one time he had a bunch of un-leaked Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 multis listed too. His last list did not show those. 
He got off easy because Israeli law is lax on copyright and hacking cases. If he did it in the US and was a citizen he'd still be in prison or bankrupted because Madonna would have sued the shit out of him. Much harder to go after a foreign citizen in their own country. 
Someone told me Adi went by Muso as well. I wonder what that means?

So you're saying Prince is not that popular of an artist? :Madonna032: That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard in my 22 years on this planet.

• 2 years later...
On 6/19/2018 at 5:56 PM, pepshettibone said:

I never said Prince wasn't a big artist! I don't understand the context of that statement?
The bottom line is EVERYONE has a price. You offer someone enough money under the table they're probably going to take it. Especially in uncertain times like these. Now is probably the best time to seek out engineers, producers etc if you have the cash to throw their way do it. I'd probably spend my Bidenbux on a rare multi session right now  :smokey:

On 12/27/2017 at 1:42 AM, pepshettibone said:

I can't believe the guy just got a slap on the wrist for what he did? 14 months in a country club prison really??
Little do they know this guy has been hacking and stealing from top studios and re-selling the looted studio assets all along,
and he continues to do it.
If the studios and record labels knew how much money he has made off selling stems and multitracks on the net through a bunch of kids he'd be going back to a REAL prison...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/11729487/Former-Israeli-Pop-Idol-jailed-for-hacking-Madonna-emails-and-selling-demo-tracks.html

Get over it. Madonna has stolen from many artists in her time as well. :bubblebitch:

2 hours ago, OhBabyReadyOrNot said:

Get over it. Madonna has stolen from many artists in her time as well. :bubblebitch:

I'm sure she has, but I think if you were to ask Adi now if he thinks it was worth it to leak out Rebel Heart he would emphatically say NO. On that note these hacker kids are getting are getting more and more brazen!
https://www.cyberscoop.com/musicians-hacked-uk-suspect-arrested/

Edited by pepshettibone (see edit history)

1 hour ago, DanK said:

Well it certainly wasn't enough for him to learn his lesson, since he's kept on selling media files hacked from Madonna's servers since his release from "prison".

May I ask why him selling those files is so controversial around here? I mean considering that there's a whole sub-section on this forum dedicated to leaked Madonna songs that nobody here has any legal right to post, why is this Adi person's behavior seen as the epitome of evil? 

3 hours ago, Nahual said:

May I ask why him selling those files is so controversial around here? I mean considering that there's a whole sub-section on this forum dedicated to leaked Madonna songs that nobody here has any legal right to post, why is this Adi person's behavior seen as the epitome of evil? 

I don't think he is the epitome of evil, but I believe those two things are not in the same level. 
The woman was working on a new album in the age of ephemeral music and it was leaked, do you really think sharing a leaked song from 1992 is the same thing? I mean, she had to change the songs, release a part of it earlier, the sales were hurt. I believe the damage was really big. 

And most fans are not looking for profit, they are just curious. People ALWAYS love spoilers (at least most of them), that peek into the future of your favorite new movie, tv show, etc. There are websites, magazines and tv shows that literally make their profit from this. Imo, the real problem is to deliberately hack into an artsit work, steal it and sell to make profit. And let's not forget that she was planning on releasing that soon after, he stole those songs knowing they were working on them, that it was her upcoming music.

I deeply respect your opinion, but I deeply believe these two thing can't be compared. 

Edited by Eder Borba (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Nahual said:

lol... because he’s selling stuff not for him... he’s making money from stolen stuff. It’s a crime.

10 hours ago, DanK said:

Well it certainly wasn't enough for him to learn his lesson, since he's kept on selling media files hacked from Madonna's servers since his release from "prison".

I don’t think he’s that active like pre jail days... & if so he’s surely at risk. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, madgefan said:

I love leaks, who doesn't? But let's all agree on one thing: Rebel Heart could have been a totally different album without that ridiculous amount of leaked demos.

I wonder if it would’ve been that long if the songs never leaked. I know she wanted to do a double album still but didn’t she scrap the idea anyway? The biggest misstep was not releasing Queen :drama:

On 4/8/2021 at 1:45 AM, Shoful said:

I wonder if it would’ve been that long if the songs never leaked. I know she wanted to do a double album still but didn’t she scrap the idea anyway? The biggest misstep was not releasing Queen :drama:

The label wouldn’t allow the 2 album idea if they were gonna do the 6 track preorder in December 2014