Best Blond Ambition Tour

Bat-Fan

Best BAT  

64 members voted

1. 1. Best BAT

• Yokohama
    • Barcelona
    • Nice

I'd say there's more interaction when she played outside Japan but hey thats their culture so ....

OK just wanna mention the Barcelona one that got televised but due to  the heat during the show she forgets lyrics or sings the wrong lyrics, she pleads to her sound technician as she can't hear herself, when off backstage her mic is still live and she's complaining its too hot .. and lets save the best for last when there's a man gets on stage and starts handling out flyers and t-shirts to M and the dancers...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Lets rank only the professionally taped and released (in one way or the other) bat shows. I know we dont have official DVD of bat but every fan I assume has a DVD of the show. Now I know Paris is the best but let us leave it out please and we only have bits of it. A small comment with the ranking would be great. Here is my ranking.

1. Japan. Loved the tight choreo, the best vocals of the 3 taped full shows. I love her iconic ponytail. I like her attitude her alot, she is less abnoxious but still funny and bitchy but not too much. I love her causing a commotion banter, and her: "you cant sing? That is ok neither can I and look how far I have gotten" comment. The camera angles are interesting with a lot of close ups and good angles, like the beginning of express yourself when the stage is "put to life" and the dancers inside the structure. The show is fun and energetic but less spontaneous than the ones that followed. It is a bit underlit but better than the overlit nice show. Wind actually adds to the show, love her ponytail in the wind and flying candle piece in papa dont preach. All that smoke is also amusing but I miss the curtains in Hanky Panky and others. Much better picture quality on the DVD/LD/download than Nice. I dont mind the polite crowd at all. Their culture.

2. Nice. Love the energy, more spontanious but also a bit much in some parts. Seriously overlit with annoying neon colors that take away some of the darkness of the show. Hate those purple and blue lights in the first section and Holiday is just all the colors of the rainbow. Very fun show and good crowd. Like the curls also. Picture quality on the DVD/LD/download is not that great, picture is a bit faded compared to the Japan one and those horrible lights dont help. Love her carefree attitude but there are momement of rather awekward jokes. Her voice is pretty bad, for example Sooner or later is just.... Uff. Hate the extented Keep it together, just goes on forever and you can she she is sort of pissed off during the end. Still great show.

3. Barcelona. To me this show is just a big blooper with one thing after another going wrong. She is also in such a pissy mood. Loved her: dont throw shit on my stage or I'll kick your ass comment. Picture and sound is not great. Lighting is too much and worst is the horrible taping. Stupid angles and alot of the choreo is missing, for example first chorus of Vogue gives us an audience shot? But all 3 are BAT and great shows.

Guest ArthurBadin

Dear @@Bat-Fan, I am so, so sorry for not coming to your thread before but, as they say, never is too late.

Talking about the pro-shot gigs, I put them in this order of relevance: Nice > Yokohama > Barcelona. From the three, the last one at Stade de l'Ouest is the better, but it's pretty obvious no one of them have been able to be released otherwise than the old-fashioned LD. I bet M wouldn't approve any of them for different reasons, so I want to make a confidence, given the nature of that.

A couple of years ago, you must get it if you see my avi, i wasn't a member of here. I had lost almost all my bootlegs after lending them to a friend but having lost contact with her by then, I found as only opportunity to get some of them back was searching for the most of them online.

Doing researches here and there, i had discovered a thread in here where my dear @@Fighter posted his edition for Blond Ambition Toronto (what he called "Expressing Herself in Toronto"). As I was too afraid to join here at time (had been several awful experiences by being a forum member before, sorry), I noticed I couldn't download the link of it as it wasn't shown to any non members, but someway I did a research on a Kickass Torrent site that was on air by then (Fighter's link was indeed a torrent) and I managed to get it. Oh God, it was worth every single second of waiting to fullfill the torrent. What a concert! Although it combines pro-shot scenes (I think they were done by the same team who taped Hanky Panky for the live music video we all know given it's in fact from that notorious night) with amateur, VHS camcorder-ish, I think that concert in particular should have been recorder in full and chosen to be the officially released instead of any another actual elected. I know, of course, that Yokohama was a Pioneer choice as it was one of the best Japanese BAT concerts ever, as well as Barcelona was a RAI-SACIS decision after Rome's concert became unable to be taped, and Nice of course was an HBO decision since it was the last concert of all trek, but, guys, Madonna was THE THING in Toronto. Just one quote from hers, "I don't know where ends the legs and starts the butt," before doing a pussy caress of the various she did at that night, just to piss off Toronto police, town hall and GP with their "immoral live show" judgement. Fearing (or not) jail, wanting to get clear who's the boss, don't know, but this WAS the night. Thank you so much Fighter for having brought this to us. And I have to beg your pardon too, beloved Fighter, for not having joined Infinity at that time, but, as I have said before, never is too late.

Given I've already surpassed the main goal of thread I have some words to say about Houston. It's so shameful this amateur-passed-through-professional thing had been released in some EU countries by some indie label (I just thought "store counterfelts" were a Third World trade thing) cause we will never know why Pioneer's exclusivity deal wasn't expired at the time Warner was caring about Madonna DVD releases. if there was a time to release Nice footage (of course this would be the only one to have such treatment), it was by late-1990/early-2000's when M was at the beginning of her second major contract with Warner and label was in the mood to re-issue old catalogue to more modern formats. Now, as we are tired to know, it's too late, baby, it's too late...  :cry:  :angry:

See you. Bat-Fan, I am so glad for have still managed to be the first to reply you. Hope you forgive my yesterday self. Bye!

Despite the editing i prefer barcelona ? the atmosphere was so much better(watch the crowd clapping to the intro of vogue ? it gives me goosebumps) the other 2 shows the crowd were less enthusiastic imo but for colour, lighting and editing i prefer Nice show - the yokohama show was to dark for my liking ? maybe because it was a smaller venue - also why hasnt Houston been included in this ? it might not be the best quality but its still a full pro shot show ? despite the poor sound :((

• 2 weeks later...

there are two more shows official broadcast by HBO: Worcester and NJ (last 2 nights), but, I think, if Warner'll be due one I think it'll be Nice. Don't forget, MJ Bad Tour at Wembley due out few years ago on DVD, maybe it'll be possible also for the BAT

so if we get a DVD after she dies? Too bad she will probably outlive us all.

Sadly yes ...... :( even though she knows how much fans want it now ?? makes no sense to me ....

she thinks by releasing it she is living in the past and would be seen as a "has been" but she is so totally wrong, releasing BAT would be a celebration of her music and her life as the iconic figure that she still is.

she thinks by releasing it she is living in the past and would be seen as a "has been" but she is so totally wrong, releasing BAT would be a celebration of her music and her life as the iconic figure that she still is.

So now you've spoken to her and know precisely why it's not released?  Lucky you!  :Madonna002:

I say B.S!! She's not afraid of being seen a "has been" by releasing this. That's just so ridiculous to assume.  The tour to her has been released.  It may no longer be among a format that is mainstream.  And a wider format might be in the form of a documentary, that doesn't feature the complete show, but it's out there.  Why can't you just accept that she prefer people to see her vision through the documentary, rather dreaming up these excuses and presenting them as if they are facts? 

So now you've spoken to her and know precisely why it's not released? Lucky you! :Madonna002:

I say B.S!! She's not afraid of being seen a "has been" by releasing this. That's just so ridiculous to assume. The tour to her has been released. It may no longer be among a format that is mainstream. And a wider format might be in the form of a documentary, that doesn't feature the complete show, but it's out there. Why can't you just accept that she prefer people to see her vision through the documentary, rather dreaming up these excuses as if they are facts?

because I am speculating, very much like you are doing too, unless you actually know here personally? If so Lucky, lucky you too. It would explain alot. About prior releases of the whole show, she released it on LD but logically, how many people own a LD player? Also, and correct me if I am wrong (that is after all one of your favorite things to do here) but didnt she and Guy show interest in releasing it some years ago, so it is not like it hasnt crossd her mind, plus like you said it was released on LD so who knows how she wants this tour to be remembered and she has been known to change her mind, but yes you are right, I dont know her and I dont know here reasons. Dead horse will get no burther beating in this post.

because I am speculating, very much like you are doing too, unless you actually know here personally? If so Lucky, lucky you too. It would explain alot. About prior releases of the whole show, she released it on LD but logically, how many people own a LD player? Also, and correct me if I am wrong (that is after all one of your favorite things to do here) but didnt she and Guy show interest in releasing it some years ago, so it is not like it hasnt crossd her mind, plus like you said it was released on LD so who knows how she wants this tour to be remembered and she has been known to change her mind, but yes you are right, I dont know her and I dont know here reasons. Dead horse will get no burther beating in this post.

Excuse me, I presented what is known. We know the tour is on LD.  We know it's been part of a documentary.  And it's quite clear that's how she prefers to leave it.  I speculated nothing. The fact is; you didn't present it as "speculation". You specifically stated she was afraid to release it because she fears to be seen as a "has been".   You said nothing of the sorts regarding it was you "speculating".  You presented as if it was fact. 

And no, we have no proof that she was considering releasing it.  She never said any such thing.  I know fans have been badgering both her and Guy about it.  But neither of them have said they will consider it.  That again is just fans speculating. 

Meanwhile, the concert has been released.  And as said, it'd quite obvious Madonna wants the documentary to speak for that tour.  Personally, that documentary is far more iconic than the actual tour. 

Lastly, it's too late in the game to release this as a DVD.  That format is dying as well.  Furthermore, no money will be made from it.  It would be wasted costs on their part to put a package together even if it was a direct copy of the laser disc. 

Excuse me, I presented what is known. We know the tour is on LD. We know it's been part of a documentary. And it's quite clear that's how she prefers to leave it. I speculated nothing. The fact is; you didn't present it as "speculation". You specifically stated she was afraid to release it because she fears to be seen as a "has been". You said nothing of the sorts regarding it was you "speculating". You presented as if it was fact.

And no, we have no proof that she was considering releasing it. She never said any such thing. I know fans have been badgering both her and Guy about it. But neither of them have said they will consider it. That again is just fans speculating.

Meanwhile, the concert has been released. And as said, it'd quite obvious Madonna wants the documentary to speak for that tour. Personally, that documentary is far more iconic than the actual tour.

Lastly, it's too late in the game to release this as a DVD. That format is dying as well. Furthermore, no money will be made from it. It would be wasted costs on their part to put a package together even if it was a direct copy of the laser disc.

but it would make alot of her fans very happy. It will sell more than RHT DVD probably.

but it would make alot of her fans very happy. It will sell more than RHT DVD probably.

More speculation, right? LOL!  I highly doubt it will sell as much as RHT!  As said DVD is dying.  They aren't going to waste time and money to release this dinosaur.  Futhermore, there is most certainly a lot of red tape surrounding the rights of this show, due to the fact it's been licensed with Pioneer and part of Truth or Dare. 

It seems silly to release this when it's already widely available on the internet, which is reaching millions more than a DVD.  It might not be up to your standards regarding picture and audio quality, but I highly doubt a DVD release will be any better than the Laser Disc or DVD's that been released of it already.  And history tells me that, no matter what they do regarding this tour, and they did release it, you still wouldn't be happy with it. 

More speculation, right? LOL!  I highly doubt it will sell as much as RHT!  As said DVD is dying.  They aren't going to waste time and money to release this dinosaur.  Futhermore, there is most certainly a lot of red tape surrounding the rights of this show, due to the fact it's been licensed with Pioneer and part of Truth or Dare. 

It seems silly to release this when it's already widely available on the internet, which is reaching millions more than a DVD.  It might not be up to your standards regarding picture and audio quality, but I highly doubt a DVD release will be any better than the Laser Disc or DVD's that been released of it already.  And history tells me that, no matter what they do regarding this tour, and they did release it, you still wouldn't be happy with it. 

I hate that red tape.

More speculation, right? LOL! I highly doubt it will sell as much as RHT! As said DVD is dying. They aren't going to waste time and money to release this dinosaur. Futhermore, there is most certainly a lot of red tape surrounding the rights of this show, due to the fact it's been licensed with Pioneer and part of Truth or Dare.

It seems silly to release this when it's already widely available on the internet, which is reaching millions more than a DVD. It might not be up to your standards regarding picture and audio quality, but I highly doubt a DVD release will be any better than the Laser Disc or DVD's that been released of it already. And history tells me that, no matter what they do regarding this tour, and they did release it, you still wouldn't be happy with it.

than can I ask you, no sarcasm and please answer without sarcasm, do you enjoy watching the whole Japan and whole Nice shows?

than can I ask you, no sarcasm and please answer without sarcasm, do you enjoy watching the whole Japan and whole Nice shows?

What does it matter if I do or not? It isn't going to change anything here.  But yes, I have no issue with watching the Japan and Nice Shows. In fact, I have the LASER DISC of the Nice show.  I actually enjoy these less edited and produced shows.  I enjoy the fact we can actually hear her live vocals on most of the song, apart to the "Vogue" and obvious NIFY lip sync.  And with Vogue, it sounds far more live than any Vogue performance she did after it. 

Once again, the Blond Ambition show may be on a limited format, but it HAS been released just like Virgin Tour.  It's just a matter of getting them on more current formats. I just don't believe they will spend anymore time on editing these tours for a DVD, other than the possibility of a direct copy to DVD.  Be upset about it all you like, but the fact is, all her tours are out there in some format, even though RIT might never got a full concert release.

What does it matter if I do or not? It isn't going to change anything here. But yes, I have no issue with watching the Japan and Nice Shows. In fact, I have the LASER DISC of the Nice show. I actually enjoy these less edited and produced shows. I enjoy the fact we can actually hear her live vocals on most of the song, apart to the "Vogue" and obvious NIFY lip sync. And with Vogue, it sounds far more live than any Vogue performance she did after it.

Once again, the Blond Ambition show may be on a limited format, but it HAS been released just like Virgin Tour. It's just a matter of getting them on more current formats. I just don't believe they will spend anymore time on editing these tours for a DVD, other than the possibility of a direct copy to DVD. Be upset about it all you like, but the fact is, all her tours are out there in some format, even though RIT might never got a full concert release.

I am not really upset, just wondering. Do you have Japan show also?

I am not really upset, just wondering. Do you have Japan show also?

I have all the shows that were released.  They're great.  I'm just pleased that it's out there.  She or parent companies have pretty much released everything she's done live, so I have no complaints.  Nothing is perfect, but this woman has been doing it for 35 years.  There is so much to enjoy, so I don't spend my time mulling over "what could be" when we have so much to enjoy.  Not many artists' fans can say the same.

I have all the shows that were released. They're great. I'm just pleased that it's out there. She or parent companies have pretty much released everything she's done live, so I have no complaints. Nothing is perfect, but this woman has been doing it for 35 years. There is so much to enjoy, so I don't spend my time mulling over "what could be" when we have so much to enjoy. Not many artists' fans can say the same.

it is just Madonna and Kylie that release their tours, other artists not so much.

• 2 months later...

For me, the Barcelona show is my favourite, even with the mistakes and big hair! Japan gets special mention for the ponytail but she still seems a bit stiff when it comes to the choreography, in the Barcelona and Nice shows she seems so much more loose and her dancing is on point. Interesting to me how much her voice changes from the Japan/US leg to Europe where she developed her 'Rescue Me' growl.

• madgefan pinned, pinned and unpinned this topic