The hacker has been indicted

stfan97

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-rebel-heart-hacker-indicted-on-four-counts-20150227

The Israeli man accused of hacking into Madonna and her associates' computers and leaking songs destined for the singer's March 6th-bound Rebel Heart has been indicted on four counts. Adi Lederman, who three years ago tried out for Israel's then-top-rated TV singing competition Kochav Nolad (A Star Is Born), was charged with computer trespassing, prohibited secret monitoring, copyright infringement and obstructing investigation, The Hollywood Reporter writes.

According to court documents, Lederman was able to steal the demo versions of Madonna's Rebel Heart tracks by infiltrating the private cloud accounts of Madonna associates Sara Zambreno, engineer Angie Teo and musical director Kevin Antunes as well as an e-mail account belonging to Madonna's manager Guy Oseary. Lederman had allegedly compromised Zambreno's cloud going back to 2012, with court documents accusing the hacker of also stealing MDMA's "Give Me All Your Luvin'." That song leaked out after Lederman sold the file to an unspecified person.

Lederman's hack wasn't an especially profitable endeavor, as court documents show that he was only compensated from "tens of dollars to a thousand dollars" for what he grabbed off the cloud accounts, which he then sold to two accomplices. Lederman's obstruction of the investigation charge comes after he advised an accomplice to erase all of their correspondence after Lederman became suspicious that authorities were on his trail. If found guilty of all counts, Lederman faces up to five years in prison.

"I am profoundly grateful to the FBI, the Israeli Police investigators and anyone else who helped lead to the arrest of this hacker," Madonna said in a Facebook message at the time of Lederman's arrest. "I deeply appreciate my fans who have provided us with pertinent information and continue to do so regarding leaks of my music. Like any citizen, I have the right to privacy. This invasion into my life - creatively, professionally, and personally remains a deeply devastating and hurtful experience, as it must be for all artists who are victims of this type of crime."

• 4 months later...

Madonna's 'Rebel Heart' Hacker Sentenced to 14 Months In Prison

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6627109/madonna-hacker-sentenced-14-months-prison?utm_source=twitter

Adi Lederman, an Israeli hacker accused of leaking Madonna’s unfinished Rebel Heart demos late last year, was sentenced to 14 months in prison by Tel Aviv Magistrate’s Court on Thursday (July 9), according to the Jerusalem Post. Lederman, who auditioned for Israel singing competition Kochav Nolad (A Star Is Born) in 2012, was first arrested for the leak in January, and indicted on four counts in February. A spokesperson for Madonna was unavailable for comment.

According to documents previously obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Lederman was charged on Feb. 23 on counts of computer trespassing, prohibited secret monitoring and additional computer trespassing, copyright infringement and obstructing investigation, relating to the private cloud accounts of Madonna’s team members Sara Zambrano, Angie Teo and Kevin Antunes. Per the court documents, Adelman shared “various files and music files copyrighted by Madonna Esther Louise Ciccone," obtained via an office email account labeled "osearyoffice,†and reportedly hacked into 15 other unspecified email accounts.

The Rebel Heart leak forced an accelerated release schedule for Madonna’s latest album, beginning with a six-track EP that was rushed to iTunes on Dec. 20, and a March 10 release of the full album more than a month ahead of schedule. Speaking to Billboard days after the initial web leak, Madonna’s manager Guy Oseary said Madonna “was devastated -- I mean, devastated and sickened that someone would do this to her and not allow her the chance to share the finished product with people.â€

Madonna, for her part, overhauled the way she stored and shared new material in the leak's wake. In a December 21 interview with Billboard, the pop star said, “Well, we don't put things up on servers anymore. Everything we work on, if we work on computers, we're not on WiFi, we're not on the Internet, we don't work in a way where anybody can access the information. Hard drives of music are hand-carried to people. We don't leave music laying around. We have photo shoots or video shoots, and everyone has to leave their phone at the door. I mean, unfortunately, it sucks, but that's the way it is. That's how leaks happen.â€

Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour will now kick off Sept. 9 in Montreal, Quebec, after the first five dates were rescheduled for January due to production delays. Her latest single “Bitch I’m Madonna†became her 57th entry on the Billboard Hot 100 last month, and her first since 2012’s No. 10-peaking “Give Me All Your Luvin’.†

Madonna, for her part, overhauled the way she stored and shared new material in the leak's wake. In a December 21 interview with Billboard, the pop star said, “Well, we don't put things up on servers anymore. Everything we work on, if we work on computers, we're not on WiFi, we're not on the Internet, we don't work in a way where anybody can access the information. Hard drives of music are hand-carried to people. We don't leave music laying around. We have photo shoots or video shoots, and everyone has to leave their phone at the door. I mean, unfortunately, it sucks, but that's the way it is. That's how leaks happen.â€

She is totally right about that one now.

It's funny that they handled the 2011 leak in such an ugly way but they couldn't have enough common sense, not to tell the whole world she was making an album and to use protection on their devices. :monkey:

Judging by Madonna's twitter she has no common sense when it comes to social media.