Rescue Me (Special Edit Remix)

flavio

I recognized this mix because I have the bootleg CD which it came from. It's called "Boy Toy". It's clearly an unofficial CD, which came out at the time to cash in on The Immaculate Collection's success. I bought it at the MadonnaThon in Detroit back in 1993.  There's 2 versions of this CD - 1 from France and 1 from Italy. I have this one below.

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Boy-Toy/release/611822

To buy:

https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Greatest-Dance-Hits-Remixed/dp/B003H4ELHO

• 2 months later...
On 2017. 12. 27. at 9:44 PM, blondebombshell said:

wow thanks so much sweetie for sharing such a amazing tune. I really wish she had made a full video like this commercial she's so hot here. IMO

or at least get to see this in UHQ. 

IKR!! Rescue me is such a underrated master piece single ever! For me this song is Express yourself + Vogue quality. Power quality from Express yourself and then fast dance jam quality from Vogue.

I just don't understand why Madonna never made official music video.  I mean I know that there exist shitty quality tour montage video. But what I want is real original viedo as you said! (And I really want to know why she never perform this song at her tour!)

And I totally agree with you my friend! this should be such a Iconic concept for Rescue me video!

By the way where have you been my friend? :heart:

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2018 at 12:59 AM, bstranger said:

I've never heard this remix before. I really love Rescue Me. She could made a video for this song, using that japanese 'elephant' commercial footage. 

LOL! Really? Her and a Elephant when she's pining for Love.  How desperate are we to think this amateur foreign commercial would have made a good "official" video?

I know we love to see more videos from Madonna, but even when she was at her peak, the revenue to make a video at the time was not necessary.  Immaculate Collection has become her biggest selling album ever.  I don't think a video with an elephant would have made it any better.  If anything, people would have laughed their asses off over it.  The "Justify My Love" video already sparked enough interest.  Negative or not, it still helped her and her fondling an elephant wouldn't helped her one bit at this point.   fbfd0bdd97423083c8c8c5007b9088d3--hindi-

I think it was more so the glamour look and how it was classic Hollywood image she did so well. Even if it was a mixture of footage from the shoot or others, her label and music stations have done stranger things. She was really breath taking in it though. Though imagining the perfect video is probably better.

Didn't her team release a strange one with footage from the WTG Tour though? :laughing: It was about 2 mins of mismatched footage set to Rescue Me. I couldn't find it but remember it so well.

4 hours ago, Liam said:

LOL! Really? Her and a Elephant when she's pining for Love.  How desperate are we to think this amateur foreign commercial would have made a good "official" video?

I know we love to see more videos from Madonna, but even when she was at her peak, the revenue to make a video at the time was not necessary.  Immaculate Collection has become her biggest selling album ever.  I don't think a video with an elephant would have made it any better.  If anything, people would have laughed their asses off over it.  The "Justify My Love" video already sparked enough interest.  Negative or not, it still helped her and her fondling an elephant wouldn't helped her one bit at this point.   fbfd0bdd97423083c8c8c5007b9088d3--hindi-

It probably makes more sense TO you a 1991 videoclip that uses footage from a 1987 show, even if there was a 1990 show at that time. Anyway, as far as I know, she's used "amateur" photoshoot footage (if you can call Steven Meisel as an amateur) in some of her videos like Erotica, Deeper and Deeper and Give it 2 Me. Anyway, MY comment was only MY WISH as a fan (other fans in this topic wishes the same thing like me) and you should be more respectful and less sarcastic with opinions contrary to yours.

Can anyone re-upload? I love Rescue Me too, that throbbing/wash in wash out effect (reminds me of a heartbeat and the pounding surf) was a great pre-curser to Erotica and the house music vibe she perfected on that album, while it also played to her dance roots and showcased Shep Pettibone's talents once more at the same time. Combinations of old and new. Justify My Love was the stronger track, but Rescue Me was an instant classic.

My comment on the Pure commercial is that I agree most Madonna fans would love to have more of that footage regardless of how well it matched the track, and it couldn't really be much funnier than the one they cobbled together with Who's That Girl Tour moments that @thelioncourtheart_ mentioned.

Here's a link to that >> http://www.mtv.no/artists/161-madonna/musicvideos/131737-rescue-me