MADONNA CONFIRMS NEW TOUR 2018!

MadgeSlave

I love all the era's of music beginning in 1983- and her always including older tunes with her concert but. I just wish she would do some music. that would kick the a*s off Gaga & other artists. And it would be so amazing other then vogue & erotica her performing these two . She would mainly  sing it a new kick a*s album. IMO

Not that I think it should be a competition and I truly hate when fans do make it a competition or need to slag off other artists, to elevate Madonna more.  For me, Madonna has already kicked everyone's asses. Everything else, is icing on the cake. Besides, I don't know one album Gaga has released that compares to classics like "Like A Prayer", "True Blue", "Ray of Light" and her first album. 

I love pretty much all the songs from RH, but it does not feel like an album. MDNA didn't either. Both feel like a collection of songs under an umbrella title and it felt like Madonna took a back seat to her producers on both (actually I would put HC in that one as well, but that has more of an album feel to it).

Maybe if we got the concept album in two parts that she wanted for RH, it might have been different.

tsks Exactly. Rebel Heart is a very good collection of songs, but it's not a very good album. I must have listened to it from beginning to end a handful of times, but I listen to most of the individual tracks a lot. I don't think MDNA and HC felt perfect as albums either. MDNA because of it's bunch of skippable tracks and HC because of track list order (imo)?  :thinker: It's like... a bunch of nice colours and shapes don't make a great painting. It's about the whole. Also, the title track not being part of the STANDARD tracklisting? :thinker:

tsks Exactly. Rebel Heart is a very good collection of songs, but it's not a very good album. I must have listened to it from beginning to end a handful of times, but I listen to most of the individual tracks a lot. I don't think MDNA and HC felt perfect as albums either. MDNA because of it's bunch of skippable tracks and HC because of track list order (imo)? :thinker: It's like... a bunch of nice colours and shapes don't make a great painting. It's about the whole. Also, the title track not being part of the STANDARD tracklisting? :thinker:

I redo the song list for those albums all the time! Hard Candy is pretty fun to mess around with honestly. MDNA has a lot of songs that can be grouped up but then those groups don't always interact well. Rebel Heart can be reorganized a dozen times, omitting different songs and including different demos, and still it never seems quite right. I find that charming in a way. Like most of us, no matter how many time we redo our rooms or houses, adding this painting, take away that chair, it'll never quite be right.

@@Liam i should've clarified what i meant. I have noticed so many trans/and younger kids love Lady Gaga i just wish they saw the real deal with madonna instead of a copycat sorry gaga fans. Sadly they won't go back in time and see how great madonna is.  i wish they would. There more into now music. Is why i wanted madonna to make a kick a*s album now. i know when i was young madonna's music made me make thru the he*l i went thru.  I know she's already got so much good music that already beats them. Hope this comes out right. i know she has it in her to make more fans.  IMO I couldn't live without her catalog of music she's made.  Strictly me though i would be happy with a tour and new album even if it isn't in the top charts. I'll always listen to her new music. 

Why does it really matter?  Some people love to hate other artists without knowing what they really hate. In fact, many Madonna fans do the same with other artists. And I'm sure genuine fans of those artists, may think others should give their favorite artist a chance as well. To me, music and entertainment is subjective. I'm not a huge fan of Gaga, but I do like some of her songs. As a person, I find her an odd duck, and that really shouldn't be labeled as something bad. Being odd isn't bad, but I also see that she's quite pretentious.  That said, I never understood the need for Madonna fans to convince so many people who love to hate. It's possible many of these people are very aware of Madonna's cultural impact, but refuse to give her credit.  Then we have people who simply stick to music from their time. Especially younger people. They really live within their time. Though if they truly appreciate music, they will dive back eventually, even it may take until they get older.  I know that when I was a kid, there were plenty of older artists that I ignored or didn't give the time of day. Though today, I love them and their music. That said, I have no interest in trying to convert those who wish to hate on Madonna just because they can. I have no time to give any attention to those who slag off other artists whether it's Madonna or not.  I don't get the "hate mentality" some Madonna fans have for other artists.  Anyone hating on other artists, but get upset or bother by other people hating on Madonna is just hypocritical to me. 

• 11 months later...