Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

I think her recent records are so much better than the most popular ones. For me "Hung Up" is a complete commercial and overrated track. Mainstream music is shit. Madonna can have a hit if she makes shit. Look, "Bitch I'm Madonna" is the most sucefully track from Rebel Heart, is a shame.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

I'm not sure I agree with you saying that people that age refuse to relate to a 50 year old. When I was younger listening to the radio, I didn't care how old someone was, if I liked what I heard I bought it, that's how I became a fan of Elton John and Cher and even a Lulu song, the fact that Madonna doesn't get played on the radio is why Madonna doesn't chart, if radio played Ghosttown, do you think younger people would of said, I like the song, but she's too old so I won't buy/stream it, of course not, I just can't believe the blatant ageism is allowed to happen.

That's you.  And that's great, but unfortunately, the music industry is catered to the youth.  And I do think a lot of younger people would have turned their nose up at Ghosttown if it was played on radio  more especially top 40.  Age does play a factor to younger people.  I don't know why some are trying to downplay that fact?  I'm not saying there aren't younger people out there who don't appreciate older artists. I'm just saying the music industry caters to younger acts and the young fans. And yes, most younger people will say she's too old.  I mean; it's already happening. People are already saying that. Not sure why you are trying to deny that fact.    

I just can't believe the blatant ageism is allowed to happen.

I agree! It's quite blatant, so why say you don't agree when you just agreed it's an issue.

I think her recent records are so much better than the most popular ones. For me "Hung Up" is a complete commercial and overrated track. Mainstream music is shit. Madonna can have a hit if she makes shit. Look, "Bitch I'm Madonna" is the most sucefully track from Rebel Heart, is a shame.

This is said in every generation. We need to get past in saying mainstream music is shit because obviously there are millions who enjoy the current musical climate.  Just like many enjoyed the climate back in the 80's and early 90's when Madonna was at her prime.  People back then, said her music was "over rated" and was "shit" as well.  So I don't believe the current music scene is "shit".  I actually like a lot of the music out there tofay.  But of course, it's subjective.  I favor 80's music the most because that's what I grew up on.  Though, I try not to limit myself to just that decade. I do like earlier music as far back as the 50's, and I am able to enjoy a lot of the music after the 80's.  In the end, it's subjective to each individual.  Just because your favorite artist isn't benefiting in the current music climate, doesn't mean all music is "shit".  There are a lot of great acts still out there.  Personally, I  like a lot of the acts out there who aren't necessarily pushed heavily by the music industry.  That said, Madonna was one of those acts at one time that was pushed heavily by the music industry.  And as mentioned, people claimed she was "overrated" and "shit".   

It wouldn't surprise me if Madonna didn't release another record ever again  :sad:

Why are you so pessimistic all the time?  What makes you think she won't release another album when she's never given one inkling she's ready to stop making music? In fact, she said not so long ago on her instagram, she's being inspired to make new music.  

Why are you so pessimistic all the time?  What makes you think she won't release another album when she's never given one inkling she's ready to stop making music? In fact, she said not so long ago on her instagram, she's being inspired to make new music.

Excuse me, you don't know me to make that comment. I was basing it on that she has adopted 2 more children and would wanna spend time with them. I don't do social media so I have no idea what she says on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

Excuse me, you don't know me to make that comment. I was basing it on that she has adopted 2 more children and would wanna spend time with them. I don't do social media so I have no idea what she says on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

I don't have to know you to make that comment. It's based on your comments made. It's not the first time I've read that you were being pessimistic.  That said, it's fair for you to further explain yourself. However, you obviously are oblivious to the fact she's not going anywhere, even though she's adopted two more children.  You don't have to be on "Social Media" to know that she's still planning to make more music. 

This is said in every generation. We need to get past in saying mainstream music is shit because obviously there are millions who enjoy the current musical climate.  Just like many enjoyed the climate back in the 80's and early 90's when Madonna was at her prime.  People back then, said her music was "over rated" and was "shit" as well.  So I don't believe the current music scene is "shit".  I actually like a lot of the music out there tofay.  But of course, it's subjective.  I favor 80's music the most because that's what I grew up on.  Though, I try not to limit myself to just that decade. I do like earlier music as far back as the 50's, and I am able to enjoy a lot of the music after the 80's.  In the end, it's subjective to each individual.  Just because your favorite artist isn't benefiting in the current music climate, doesn't mean all music is "shit".  There are a lot of great acts still out there.  Personally, I  like a lot of the acts out there who aren't necessarily pushed heavily by the music industry.  That said, Madonna was one of those acts at one time that was pushed heavily by the music industry.  And as mentioned, people claimed she was "overrated" and "shit".   

Not all mainstream music are shit, but the 80% and the most popular ones are.... And yeah, a lot of 80's and 90's music are shit, including Madonna (and she knows it!). I don't like a lot of her hits, but I love all the treasures she hidden in her albums. Do not misunderstand, I like some shit music, but it's still shit.

Not all mainstream music are shit, but the 80% and the most popular ones are.... And yeah, a lot of 80's and 90's music are shit, including Madonna (and she knows it!). I don't like a lot of her hits, but I love all the treasures she hidden in her albums. Do not misunderstand, I like some shit music, but it's still shit.

Exactly, "shit music" has existed all along.  People complained about music back in the day, just as they do now.  It's usually a generation thing.  Nevertheless, some of the most cheesiest and biggest hits are fun still. Music doesn't always have to be deep, enlightening or even inspiring to be enjoyable.  I think Madonna (early on) was more inspiring than her music was.  She simply evolved into delivering more deep, introspective and inspiring music over time. Even many of the people who worked with her, said her drive and passion was what sucked them in.  She still has that, but she's managed to horn in on what is successful for years.  She still does tap into what is always current and fresh, but she gets shit because of her age anymore. 

It's not that people are not interested in her, it's because people have been turned off by her, so in a way society is ageist.

I disagree on an earlier post that her music, and her music alone brought her to where she is.

She was lucky, in the sense that timing was right, she performed like a virgin at the first mtv music awards, she arrived just before music videos became mainstream and she used that format to sell her image. She was also lucky because she also used sex to sell, before anyone else really did, and if she didn't, someone else would have.

I'm not dissing her, just putting it in perspective, what she did, is historic and monumental a true maverick. But alot of it was in timing. If she was starting out today, she'd have no chance.

Anyway, back to music, I agree with bbc, living for love was a shit song, it wasnt radio friendly and it was not current or relevant. Although there are polarised views, bitch im madonna was radio friendly, it was irrelevant in the sense that it was fun and playful, wasn't trying to be anything but tongue in cheek. It would have been better as a lead single or as a random single on its own, unconnected to an album.

If she doesn't have a hit single again, who cares, as long as her music is good!

It's not that people are not interested in her, it's because people have been turned off by her, so in a way society is ageist.

I disagree on an earlier post that her music, and her music alone brought her to where she is.

She was lucky, in the sense that timing was right, she performed like a virgin at the first mtv music awards, she arrived just before music videos became mainstream and she used that format to sell her image. She was also lucky because she also used sex to sell, before anyone else really did, and if she didn't, someone else would have.

I'm not dissing her, just putting it in perspective, what she did, is historic and monumental a true maverick. But alot of it was in timing. If she was starting out today, she'd have no chance.

Anyway, back to music, I agree with bbc, living for love was a shit song, it wasnt radio friendly and it was not current or relevant. Although there are polarised views, bitch im madonna was radio friendly, it was irrelevant in the sense that it was fun and playful, wasn't trying to be anything but tongue in cheek. It would have been better as a lead single or as a random single on its own, unconnected to an album.

If she doesn't have a hit single again, who cares, as long as her music is good!

I didn't mean music alone brought her to where she is. I meant it was the very beginning of her career. There was no video without the music. Same for tours or performances. All those things have been important elements along the way for sure! I was responding to someone saying how they hoped she skipped an album and went to a biggest hits tour, something highly unlikely. She'd released an album of covers before completely skipping releasing some form of new material. She's not that head over heels for all her hits.

In my opinion Madonna can have another 10 hits. What has been lacking in the last 10 years has really been good singles.

I personally adored Bitch I'm Madonna (The only single choice made in this decade thay I actually agree with). Its video is Madonna's most watched YouTube video ever. Just saying.

The song was catchy and daring, and the video was fun (M looked her best in years)

I'm sorry, I don't agree with Ghosttown being a great song. Also, it's not great when being done live.

Tbh Living for Love was a mess. When I first heard the demo I thought it had lots of potentials - I loved the 90s touch, which alas was completely gone in the final version, and the song had been rendered soulless.

Why wasn't Masterpiece ever released with a great video? I think she had a smasher just there and she missed it.

Madonna needs good songs. The rest, she knows what to do.

People love Madonna. The age thing will be gone the moment she has a great look - was anyone talking age when she had the Ghosttown look? NO! Everyone loved her beauty (see magazines from the period)

Madonna has shown us several times that she can come back and take the past away. It'll happen again if she focuses on the songs!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It's possible if she has the right tricks up her sleeve e.g payola but she won't until she has a proper record company to back her up.

I have to laugh at this strategy.  I mean; many fans have criticized a number of other pop stars, namely some of the crop of female pop stars in the last 10 to 20 years.  To me; it should be genuine.  We shouldn't force her music onto people.  But let's be real here.  She had her day where her and the record company, etc., paid out to get her music heard.  This isn't something new.  The fact is; the music industry isn't going to push Madonna as much as they used to. She's too old.  It doesn't matter how much she pays out. I honestly do not want at top 10 like GMAYL to happen, where it went top ten, only because the push they did for radio during the Superbowl week, only for radio to drop it.  And as much as I love GMAYL, she's recorded so many better songs on MDNA and Rebel Heart that are just as worthy to be heard on radio. 

Yeah, she has a lot of material, and whatever singles she picks or the record coming picks, likely won't matter. They'll give her some Dancefloor number ones, ballad or not, thanks to remixes. Lately, the music on the radio is hit or miss. There are some good sounds, some good voices, but half are squeaky, light female artists, the male singers that all sound the same, or the current big names of the decade such as Rhianna or Taylor Swift. Madonna's hold just isn't in that place anymore. Her Cher moment hasn't happened yet, or may never happen. If her music is good, then true fans will knows. Trust me, I alienate people with Madonna all the time. Celebration helps me find the frequency (era) that they like most. Ray of Light etc

Maybe she should duet with Ed Sheeran, it's all the rage nowadays, probably be a number 1

Not that it will guarantee a #1.  After all, "4 Minutes" stalled at #3 in America.  Though, it still was a huge hit for her.  It's going to take a collaboration with someone very popular for her to get another top 5 or #1.   Personally, I'd love for her to collab with him as I love his music and his style. 

if she focused one for classic fresh quality music and not obsessed about sexuality and ages and dress more timeless ( not a bra and sting )

a cover like hard candy and songs like girl gone wild , give me all your love , holy water and sex will not give her a hit 

yes masterpiece should have had a mazing album its a timeless song in my eyes 

her voice is so beautiful and the music is timeless 

if she focused one for classic fresh quality music and not obsessed about sexuality and ages and dress more timeless ( not a bra and sting )

a cover like hard candy and songs like girl gone wild , give me all your love , holy water and sex will not give her a hit

yes masterpiece should have had a mazing album its a timeless song in my eyes

her voice is so beautiful and the music is timeless

I very much agree

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk