Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

^ @@Steffmad, Amen.

As far as I’m concerned, she’s still on top! :)

When music sale charts mattered, she was one of the top sellers. Now that the $$$ is in touring, she’s one of the top performers.

“Her legacy is intact, her influence is undeniable, her impact is immeasurable.â€

~ Detroit News

MADONNA HOLDS RECORD FOR HIGHEST-GROSSING TOURING SOLO ARTIST IN BILLBOARD BOXSCORE HISTORY OVER $1.31 BILLION IN TICKETS SOLD

http://getoutmag.com/madonna-holds-record-for-highest-grossing-touring/

Madonna will be always on Top now and 4ever...she belongs there!!!!

she is a Musician and not a Puppet like some other so called Popstars

But i don't really look at Charts...i look about the Music itself!!

I wish her a Nr 1 so badly...just to show some Haters...FUCK YOU!!

She is the Alpha and the Omega.

And i think if most of the RH Demos don't leaked by stupid Idiots

the RH CD have sounded much different then the Official one.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

Madonna will be always on Top now and 4ever...she belongs there!!!!

she is a Musician and not a Puppet like some other so called Popstars

But i don't really look at Charts...i look about the Music itself!!

I wish her a Nr 1 so badly...just to show some Haters...FUCK YOU!!

She is the Alpha and the Omega.

And i think if most of the RH Demos don't leaked by stupid Idiots

the RH CD have sounded much different then the Official one.

Yes, if that stupid hacker didn't hack Rebel Heart, she would of released it when she wanted to and it would of been number 1 in the UK and I refused to listen to the demo's anyway, I still haven't heard them. Let's hope she knows what she is doing with her next release

Yes, that's the answer. Never mind... both "Living For Love" and "Ghosttown" were solo efforts, but oddly when she released "Bitch, I'm Madonna" which had collabs in the song and in the video, it actually entered in the top 100, while the other two didn't even come close.

Make excuses all you want. It has nothing to do with the quality of her work. It has nothing to do with whom she collabs with. She's just too old for a mainstream hit. Top 40 gears to a younger audience and Madonna isn't part of that demographic anymore.

She's been there, done that. I'm happy. I've lived her whole career and she has had more success than most entertainers, but as much as I don't want it to end, there comes a time in an entertainer's career that their audience will be the hardcore fans from this point on. I'm okay with that. Like I said, she's been there and done it all. Anything at this point, is just icing on the cake. I don't need another top 40 or better to tell me that Madonna is the queen of the crop. But like all entertainers, they end up being put out to pasture. The good thing with Madonna she's isn't giving up so easily. So she'll probably always make waves with her new music until she retires or dies.

I agree with everything you said

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

What Madonna needs to do is when she's releasing her next single and album is to go to radio stations and do interviews such as Radio 1 in the UK, get herself in the studio and get herself on the bloody playlist, they wouldn't dare not play her song. when she's there

She did that with her last three albums. 

No, what she needs to do is simply record music that SHE wants to record.  If the public appreciates it, great!  If not, their loss!  Just because she doesn't get another top 40 hit, doesn't mean the music isn't good.  There are plenty of great bands, musicians and songs out there that don't get into the top 40. 

She's no longer a mainstream artist that she once was.  No collab with anyone will change that, and for sure not with older producers who haven't done much since their last hit with Madonna.

She did that with her last three albums. 

No, what she needs to do is simply record music that SHE wants to record.  If the public appreciates it, great!  If not, their loss!  Just because she doesn't get another top 40 hit, doesn't mean the music isn't good.  There are plenty of great bands, musicians and songs out there that don't get into the top 40. 

She's no longer a mainstream artist that she once was.  No collab with anyone will change that, and for sure not with older producers who haven't done much since their last hit with Madonna.

Well I don't agree with all that your saying, yes she isn't a mainstream artist anymore and of course she should record what she wants but I guarantee she's annoyed she doesn't get in the charts anymore, if you think she isn't, you're crazy.

Radio 1 are the biggest radio station in the UK, if she did, say a week in their studios and had her song on rotation, obviously assuming the song is good, she will have a hit. She should also go on X Factor as well in the live finals, that would give her a younger audience.

I do believe Madonna could have a hit again, she just needs to get a proper record label and management behind her.

Well I don't agree with all that your saying, yes she isn't a mainstream artist anymore and of course she should record what she wants but I guarantee she's annoyed she doesn't get in the charts anymore, if you think she isn't, you're crazy.

Radio 1 are the biggest radio station in the UK, if she did, say a week in their studios and had her song on rotation, obviously assuming the song is good, she will have a hit. She should also go on X Factor as well in the live finals, that would give her a younger audience.

I do believe Madonna could have a hit again, she just needs to get a proper record label and management behind her.

And you say I'm "crazy" when you believe she could have a "hit again" based on what you say here.  She has proper management behind her.  She did everything but stick out her pussy last album and she still didn't gain a hit.  "Ghosttown" was a perfect radio song.  It's a very friendly song and easy on the ears.  Most people who heard it who weren't big fans, loved it. 

I don't disagree that hitting the popular TV shows and radio programs to help promote a record, but it won't guarantee a hit song.  She's tried that the last several albums.  In fact, "American Life" she did far more radio than she ever did, and we saw where that album and singles got her, especially in the U.S.  Certainly other factors played part, but we can sit here and make excuses all day why she didn't gain a hit.  The fact is; she's too damn old.  Radio isn't going to play her and mainstream music platforms will not give her the time of day. She needs that for her to have a "hit".  And no, I don't think she's stewing about not charting. I'm sure at the time of the releases, she hopes, but in the end, she doesn't care because she knows she can go on the road and gain the rewards there. 

Yes, if that stupid hacker didn't hack Rebel Heart, she would of released it when she wanted to and it would of been number 1 in the UK and I refused to listen to the demo's anyway, I still haven't heard them. Let's hope she knows what she is doing with her next release

Let me remind you, that it was not the stupid hacker that leaked the tracks. It was 'fans' that traded the files around like a coke dealer to addicts. It was only a matter of time before some stupid little queen got her Andrew Christians in a knot and threw a tantrum by leaking them.

Let me remind you, that it was not the stupid hacker that leaked the tracks. It was 'fans' that traded the files around like a coke dealer to addicts. It was only a matter of time before some stupid little queen got her Andrew Christians in a knot and threw a tantrum by leaking them.

I agree with you, I certainly never traded them, I've still refused to listen to them

Yeah, but even in the Touring department, she's on the decline. Rebel Heart Tour didn't bring in the kind of revenue the past few had. In today's money, Confessions out did Rebel Heart by a good bit.

But is it really that bad?  Sure, we can compare it to her previous tours, but who else is still pulling in the money she is with tours?  Very few artists are. She's still a top touring act.  Though when you tour every couple of years for more than a decade, you're going to eventually stumble. No one stays on top all the time.  If anything, I'm impressed she did as well this long. 

I highly doubt she'll ever reach the success of the Sticky and Sweet Tour again.  She would have to tour extensively and charge big bucks.  And people just don't have that kinda dough all the time to see her every couple of years.  Quite possibly if she announces a future tour as her "last", then she might do really well!   

But is it really that bad?  Sure, we can compare it to her previous tours, but who else is still pulling in the money she is with tours?  Very few artists are. She's still a top touring act.  Though when you tour every couple of years for more than a decade, you're going to eventually stumble. No one stays on top all the time.  If anything, I'm impressed she did as well this long. 

I highly doubt she'll ever reach the success of the Sticky and Sweet Tour again.  She would have to tour extensively and charge big bucks.  And people just don't have that kinda dough all the time to see her every couple of years.  Quite possibly if she announces a future tour as her "last", then she might do really well!   

She's still a reckoning force in the touring scene, but you're right yourself in the fact that she may never achieve Sticky & Sweet kind of touring money again, MDNA level would be pushing it. A farewell tour would definitely do it. But we don't need that right now, not for another decade or more.

I don't think M or her team intended Rebel Heart to be the same as previous tours as far as revenue was concerned. She deliberately changed the format to smaller arena type venues, reduced the number of shows. She did this on purpose, she wanted a different type of show, something more intimate and less structured.

If she wanted to do stadiums, she could and she would sell them out.

BUT she needs to work on coming on stage, on TIME. She has turned a lot of people off, with her constant tardiness. I know here in Australia she wasn't that popular with starting her shows at 11/11:30am at night....her diehard fans don't care, but the 10,000 other people do.

But is it really that bad? Sure, we can compare it to her previous tours, but who else is still pulling in the money she is with tours? Very few artists are. She's still a top touring act. Though when you tour every couple of years for more than a decade, you're going to eventually stumble. No one stays on top all the time. If anything, I'm impressed she did as well this long.

I highly doubt she'll ever reach the success of the Sticky and Sweet Tour again. She would have to tour extensively and charge big bucks. And people just don't have that kinda dough all the time to see her every couple of years. Quite possibly if she announces a future tour as her "last", then she might do really well!

Well Michael Jackson did. Even with Madge DWT, she still didn't sell out 50 shows in one location after years of not touring.

Well Michael Jackson did. Even with Madge DWT, she still didn't sell out 50 shows in one location after years of not touring.

I'm not sure you can even begin to compare her to MJ since he hadn't toured for years before his death and she since then has proven to be the highest grossing touring artist since his death.  Possibly his "THIS IS IT" tour could have exceeded her, but we'll never know since he died before actually performing.  Not sure it would have been possible since he was planning to perform a limited time at one place.