Madonna... Into the Paradise Papers

Bermu

Just read it on the web... this is very sad. I'll wait to know more details to express my opinion (and in case anger - because I'm one of those who really get angry about this kind of stuff). At the moment I still think she could neither know her money were involved in such a business, as for Queen Elizabeth II and Ranya Of Giordania

I was just watching it in La Sexta too, it was an exclusive of theirs. Who knows when did this happen... but there are A LOT OF VERY IMPORTANT NAMES in those papers...

En el caso de Madonna, la filtración revela que se convirtió en 1998 en accionista de la compañía 'SafeGard Medical Limited' en las Islas Bermudas, dedicada al suministro de agujas y jeringuillas, tal y como apuntan los documentos de los Papeles del Paraíso.

Según el registro de acciones de la empresa, hasta 2.000 participaciones se pusieron a nombre de la cantante el 30 de junio de ese año. De la misma forma, Madonna no proporcionó su dirección postal al registro y redireccionó la comunicación relativa a la empresa a su manager empresarial, Shari Goldschmidt.

So as i said, who knows... June 30 1998, syringes and needles... and Shari Goldschmidt... maybe M didn't even know this was illegal... i don't know...

"En 1998, Madonna lograba el éxito mundial con su canción 'Frozen'. Al mismo tiempo, la ambición rubia se convertía en accionista de una compañía en la jurisdicción opaca de las Islas Bermudas. Según el documento al que han tenido acceso laSexta y El Confidencial, y filtrado del despacho de abogados 'Appleby', la reina del pop adquirió acciones de la compañía 'SafeGard Medical Limited'.

Concretamente, el registro de acciones desvelado refleja que hasta 2.000 participaciones se pusieron a nombre de Madonna Ciccone el 30 de junio. Además, a la hora de proporcionar en el registro una dirección postal, Madonna no dio la suya. En su lugar, redireccionó cualquier comunicación a una persona de su máxima confianza: Shari Goldschmidt, su manager empresarial.

Todo, a una dirección en pleno centro de Nueva York. La sociedad offshore, una compañía de suministros médicos (sobre todo agujas y jeringuillas), se mantuvo en funcionamiento durante 15 años. En 2013, según la Gaceta Oficial de Bermudas, la sociedad se disolvió. El Consorcio Internacional de Periodistas de Investigación se ha puesto en contacto con Madonna, pero ni ella ni sus portavoces han querido halar sobre su implicación en la sociedad."

I have no idea what this says but let me get this straight - wealthy people have been caught managing their money entirely legally to take advantage of certain offshore investment opportunities which gives them the best return, and gives the taxman as little as possible? Seems sensible to me. 

I have no idea what this says but let me get this straight - wealthy people have been caught managing their money entirely legally to take advantage of certain offshore investment opportunities which gives them the best return, and gives the taxman as little as possible? Seems sensible to me. 

A lot of people are mad because it shows rich people not giving back through taxes like everyone else, so it looks like they're hoarding the money.  :thinker:

A lot of people are mad because it shows rich people not giving back through taxes like everyone else, so it looks like they're hoarding the money.  :thinker:

No, I totally get it and I'm not saying that it's moral just that these people operate within a system that allows it and that it's perfectly legal.

Bunch of whiny ass people who are getting butthurt because some rich people know how to invest their money without the government getting their greedy hands on it. 

So what?

She is a business woman. Makes sense.

She has given more than enough in charitable donations and investments throughout the decades.

And investing in medical supplies is a good thing right? Seeing as she owns a hospital.

Bono is the one that bugs me as he is the one harping on about poverty this and poverty that.

M will have nothing to worry about in the public eye.

So what?

She is a business woman. Makes sense.

She has given more than enough in charitable donations and investments throughout the decades.

And investing in medical supplies is a good thing right? Seeing as she owns a hospital.

Bono is the one that bugs me as he is the one harping on about poverty this and poverty that.

M will have nothing to worry about in the public eye.

If only...

Some (bad and) rich people invests in fake offshores societies to place their money. Then theses societies disappear to create some others in order not to let clues and traces. It's a fucking system of working that makes rich people more rich than they are but also middle class or poor people are less and less rich TO MAKE IT SIMPLE.

If it's not illegal, it's just that it's not controled and that occidental system are easily corrupted. 

If Madonna's money is really involved in such a traffic, she will really have to reply, explain and justify why do the fuck she's doing that.

For me, if it's true, it's the biggest shame of her life.

It's normal regarding the money you earn to pay country taxes facing the amount you get.

It allows all a country to work well. It's a citizen must to pay for hospitals buildings, police, streets, teaching school and the list is so long.

I don't really imagine Madonna managing the subject but her management who place the money and probably off shore but it's still a shame when you have so so so much to cheat and not to behave like a citizen.

And Madonna and Bono are preaching us after to open our eyes on the world. Come on. Look at yourself first before trying to give an advise to some one else...

As long as it's not clear, it's too early to react but it's possible there will be scandals in the months to come. But it sounds the biggest one is the Queen Elisabeth 2 !! How can she/they do that ? Shame shame shame...

Again, people making much ado about nothing!!  Of course, the media paints a more grim vague picture, leaving people speculate the worse.  This shall pass like everything else as trivial.