Did you like W.E.?

madgefan

Did you like W.E.?  

34 members voted

1. 1. Did you like W.E.?

I thought it was brilliant! Saw it in theaters, and immediately from the start of the credits it was Madonna from beginning to end! Truly a labor of love. Very sad it was overlooked - i always thought it would be interesting for Madonna to release something like a film or song(s) without attaching to her name to the project - just to see audience reception. 

I wish Abel would have worked more on RH. 

Both the art direction, the costumes and ambiance of the time are amazing, very Madonna. But I think it was a waste to show the story like a fairy tale and the mix between past and present it's just meh. I had the impression that there were few times that the actors were comfortable with their characters under a weak script

Madonna just stick with the music please :cute:

I really enjoyed it. I have the CD and the BluRay also. It's a beautifully done movie, amazing photography, amazing costumes, and yes, maybe the script wasn't that strong, but every month the screens shows lots of movies that are shit compared to this one, and they show them anyways, so... Only because it had "Madonna" attached to it it was so underrated and overlooked. It's a nice movie for me.

The Soundtrack was stunning.  I listen to it a lot.

As for the movie.  Visually it was a masterpiece (pun intended), I would have personally like a bit more Wallis and a little less of the modern Wallis, although I enjoyed the use of the Auction to switch between the two.

I get why she did it this way, otherwise it would have been too much like The King's Speech perhaps.  So adding the modern tale was a different twist and shows that love, relationships, and what people think matter now as much as they ever did.

No I wasn't keen on it. Visually it was appealing, some of the camera work was beautiful... but the story was incredibly patchy and poorly written with historical innacuracies. One cannot fault the work of the actors though, they played their parts very well.... but they were good actors in a rather lacklustre movie.

• 2 years later...