Madonna's Mole: what really happened to it?

cosmicarlo818

First Madonna Infinity topic!

(I saw this was discussed last year on this forum... but let's really delve into it you guys!  :thinker:) 

article-2007557-020F4B62000004B0-52_468x

Okay I truly want to get this straight. Madonna's iconic, beautiful, striking above the right upper lip nevus has been part of her "signature" "classic" "old school" look since her career began. While many thought it was painted on or even fabricated/tattooed on, her iconic "beauty mark" has been one of her unique identifiers. I'm actually quite mesmerized by it.

460px-Madonna_1990_cropped.jpg

However, I noticed the mole started not making its appearance since around after Truth Or Dare (1991 to 1992) and was seemingly completely "erased" during the Erotica era onward. Many speculate she had it laser-removed for cosmetic reasons and many think she simply just started putting heavy makeup over it. 

Let me add that Madonna seems to also have had another bigger nevus removed from when she was an infant/toddler for possible medical reasons. The removal scar was on her lower right inner cheek and was somewhat visible on some photos/videos in the 80s like in the 1st pic above including this and this

75477_full.jpg

In recent eras from COADF until MDNA, I would see the mole very faintly faded when you zoomed in on HQ photos of her in public or by the press. 

1i89.jpg

Much to my delight and happiness, the mole made its public appearance again since 1992/1993 during the L'Uomo Italian Vogue magazine photoshoot. I was dying of joy seeing it again.

quR1kxh8BaO8dEIw3ibpbpgh2xp9K8yyCVqQLlUl

My question is... what truly happened to her iconic mole? Why did she "erase" it? What were her reasons for removing it? Is it still there? Let's see what we can dig up and come to a conclusion with!

She stil has that mole

It’s only very clear...she accentuated It just Like Hollywood divas like Monroe

Her reason for removing It?? Image changing???

That's the same exact thing I have led myself to believe for about 15 years now. She still has it for sure. That's why back in 2014 with the stunning Italian Vogue photos and outtakes I was so gagged to see the mole return so... nakedly lol.

And it is real no? There's no way that mole was made up or "tattooed on" like what I've read on other websites. I now get what you say that she accentuated it -- on some photos of her from the early 80s the mole really pops out and looks larger in diameter even (maybe just me) and on some photos it looks, well, normal. So perhaps that's when "penciling in" comes into play. 

Thanks for the insight  :cute:

I never knew it was a great mystery? In the 80's, I knew she accentuated the faint mole she had. She never made it any big secret. Even her childhood pics show that it's there. She just stopped accentuating it around the EROTICA era time. A lot of the later photo shoots that haven't been heavily airbrushed or not having her wear a lot of make-up, show the mole still exists. It's still there, but very faint.  You can see it in some of the outtakes of Hard Candy era shoots.  She mentioned in a Truth or Dare promo a few years ago that it's faded over time as well as she always made it darker with make-up. Not a big mystery at all.  

No  :cry: one :cry: clicked :cry: the :cry: link :cry: i :cry: posted :cry: with :cry:her :cry: own :cry: explanation

I didn't need to.  I had already recalled her talking about it during the Truth or Dare perfume promotion a few years back. 

I never knew it was a great mystery? In the 80's, I knew she accentuated the faint mole she had. She never made it any big secret. Even her childhood pics show that it's there. She just stopped accentuating it around the EROTICA era time. A lot of the later photo shoots that haven't been heavily airbrushed or not having her wear a lot of make-up, show the mole still exists. It's still there, but very faint. You can see it in some of the outtakes of Hard Candy era shoots. She mentioned in a Truth or Dare promo a few years ago that it's faded over time as well as she always made it darker with make-up. Not a big mystery at all.

Yup I always knew she had it. Never knew she accentuated it by using a pencil like she said on that video from the TOD Perfume q&a. Wow. I always knew during the Erotica area she "eliminated" kind of just in time for her 10th Anniversary in music back then I guess. Thanks!

It's true that she stopped wearing it around 1992; however she painted it back in 1994 during the I'll Remember video shooting.

madonna-ill-remember-video-2.jpg

We would never see it again after that. 2014 L'uomo Vogue was truly surprising.

Yup very vague but visible!

Goes well with the look for the video.

Why she covered it... I will never know. It makes her her lol.

I think maybe she got tired of her image and wanted to renew it. I think it's a great trademark from 80s Madonna but I don't really wanna see it have a comeback.

453e9455f2834bd212e3ff15f741c180.jpg

Love seeing what remains of the mole every now and then on press photos in the 2000s & 2010s

c8c8d9a9197a3dfc84a4e1914aad19ed.jpg

But this really had me shooketh and loving when I saw it come back! I felt like I was the only one jumping for joy seeing her mole in a photoshoot back in 2014 lol

Watch her opening scene in whos that girl film(where shes sitting in the chair at her parole hearing) its so big it nearly falls off her upper lip !!

Yes! I think you’re right!

b639ed0a1f7263ede9033fad68eb8bfb.jpg

And this... So huge lol

61a9583ec644a67e21025077973b5155.jpg

Compared to this photo from 1986 in which it looks smaller (like her photos from the early 1970s)

f667befb24a5e5d6f0c276201b2e23b8.jpg

I think I am now convinced she definitely had “penciled it in†on some occasions — aka accentuation. Wow! It was always a big mystery to me but now I think I got it debunked. Thank you guys!

Hope we’ll see her with that iconic dot again when she does a “throwback†shoot/video/project that’s tongue-in-cheek to her early years

I liked the 2014 shoot, but the reason I don't want it back is that she's been doing throwbacks for the last 5 years nonstop. I need new things tbh.

Oh my God she has been huh since the MDNA Tour.

Yes praying for a dark haired bossa nova latin jazz singing, samba dancing Madonna for M14! (wishful thinking)