Madonna's Mole: what really happened to it?

cosmicarlo818

Yes! I think you’re right!

b639ed0a1f7263ede9033fad68eb8bfb.jpg

And this... So huge lol

61a9583ec644a67e21025077973b5155.jpg

Compared to this photo from 1986 in which it looks smaller (like her photos from the early 1970s)

f667befb24a5e5d6f0c276201b2e23b8.jpg

I think I am now convinced she definitely had “penciled it in†on some occasions — aka accentuation. Wow! It was always a big mystery to me but now I think I got it debunked. Thank you guys!

Really?  You must be a very young fan!  There was no "some occasions".  She "penciled it in" on all occasions.  It just was always faint and it only became more faint as she got older. I'm not sure how much her facial enhancements have affected it, but it's still there.  In the 80's, Madonna pretty much was in full make-up anytime we saw her.  I think she penciled in the mole even on her runs in the 80's.  LOL!

dark hair would suit her so much tbh  :hearteyes:

I don't believe it would.  Not that I have an issue with her going completely dark, but It would definitely age her. Also, Madonna is just known to be a blonde anymore.  This is just a wish upon some fans.  I think if she wants to truly make an image make over, she would have to actually embrace gray hair.  Could you imagine her just having a full head of gray hair?  I think that would catch a lot of attention. 

Really?  You must be a very young fan!  There was no "some occasions".  She "penciled it in" on all occasions.  It just was always faint and it only became more faint as she got older. I'm not sure how much her facial enhancements have affected it, but it's still there.  In the 80's, Madonna pretty much was in full make-up anytime we saw her.  I think she penciled in the mole even on her runs in the 80's.  LOL!

I don't believe it would.  Not that I have an issue with her going completely going dark, but It would definitely age her. Also, Madonna is just known to be a blonde anymore.  This is just a wish upon some fans.  I think if she wants to truly make an image make over, she would have to actually embrace gray hair.  Could you imagine her just having a full head of gray hair?  I think that would catch a lot of attention. 

Lol! Yes I'm a young adult fan. But I have been a fan for 16 years now and always had assumed that mole was permanent and was never penciled in -- I just thought she embraced her naked mole and proudly showed it off in the 80s and early 90s. I say it's a mystery to me because I wonder what her motives were in "erasing" it around 1992/1993. 

I hadn't really analyzed the different "sizes" of the mole UNTIL I came to this site and discovered so many details, nuances, and things I hadn't known before and it just keeps blowing me away (and makes me feel stupid for not knowing these already honestly lol). For example upon seeing photos of her in the 70s and comparing different photos of her in the 80s like some members suggested I was surprised to notice there are differences in the size of the mole (beauty mark rather) on various photos. Hence I said "some occasions." I mean how can a nevus look small on one occasion and on another it's like a few millimeters bigger. Hmmm must be my eyes lol... But I do believe NOW that she did pencil it in on different occasions in the 80s. And that video from the ToD perfume launch Q&A just solidified that more.

And regarding GREY HAIR for the next era... I actually was fantasizing about that same IDEA about that last month. You know, make an IRONIC statement to show up today's ageist society. I would like that too and it will definitely spin the conversation about M. Yay!

Glad we're on the same page on that grey hair idea! Thanks @@Liam   :wink: 

Lol! Yes I'm a young adult fan. But I have been a fan for 16 years now and always had assumed that mole was permanent and was never penciled in -- I just thought she embraced her naked mole and proudly showed it off in the 80s and early 90s. I say it's a mystery to me because I wonder what her motives were in "erasing" it around 1992/1993. 

I hadn't really analyzed the different "sizes" of the mole UNTIL I came to this site and discovered so many details, nuances, and things I hadn't known before and it just keeps blowing me away (and makes me feel stupid for not knowing these already honestly lol). For example upon seeing photos of her in the 70s and comparing different photos of her in the 80s like some members suggested I was surprised to notice there are differences in the size of the mole (beauty mark rather) on various photos. Hence I said "some occasions." I mean how can a nevus look small on one occasion and on another it's like a few millimeters bigger. Hmmm must be my eyes lol... But I do believe NOW that she did pencil it in on different occasions in the 80s. And that video from the ToD perfume launch Q&A just solidified that more.

And regarding GREY HAIR for the next era... I actually was fantasizing about that same IDEA about that last month. You know, make an IRONIC statement to show up today's ageist society. I would like that too and it will definitely spin the conversation about M. Yay!

Glad we're on the same page on that grey hair idea! Thanks @@Liam   :wink: 

I guess I never thought about it enough to think how big or small she penciled it in. I just recall it was part of who she was in the 80's, and then she decided it was time to ditch the mole. I've always seen her as an artist who evolves.  I think for a time there she was embracing that Hollywood bombshell look and then it got old to her. I think she's always wanted to evolve into something more off the wall, more artsy and bring it to the forefront.  She channeled her sexuality into Dita.  Her lyrics got more serious and poetic with Erotica.  But of course, at the time, the world didn't really get her.  She had to pull back. After a few attempts to be rebellious, she came back much more softer and then motherhood came upon her, and people saw her more vulnerable and human. She rode that wave for much of the 90's.  She gained some respect.  And then by the time American Life came out, the public was ready to burn her at the stake again. Certainly, she isn't completely innocent in all of this, but then again, people love to build people up, only to tear them down.  She can be quite polarizing, so people tend to have a love/hate relationship with her. "Confessions..." kinda gave her a resurgent of popularity and respect.  I feel it hit it's peak by the Superbowl, and then people were ready to tear her a new one again. Some see all the negativity thrown at her today as it being really bad, but it all honestly, she suffered far worse in the Erotica era.  Even during the 80's, while she was on top of the world, there was a lot of hate thrown at her. I think at this point, people are far too familiar that she's been so controversial, that anything she does, doesn't impact like it used to. She's pretty much did it all.

Personally, I think she will always gain more respect as she gets older.  If she keeps working, people will always have that love/hate relationship, but eventually, they will give her props for just sticking it out and not giving in. 

Yas @@Liam.

Beautifully said and worded. I agree with everything you’ve pointed out. That’s exactly what I feel about her and how the media/public has been seeing her. She’s quite the larger than life icon and a figurehead not only in music but in our world in general. Sometimes I wonder if there is one single person on this Earth who doesn’t associate the word “Madonna†to Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone — the legendary and enduring queen of pop. She is that huge.

With her mole, I agree! She got over it and as amazing an aesthetic as it was... by 1992 it was time to change it up. I always theorized she got rid of it to mark her 10 years in the business so she was prob like “Ok time to do THIS kind look or that kinda concept.†Queen.

She has been through so much and while she has many naysayers since early on, she has many more supporters and loyal fans and admiring casual public I believe. Madonna is an enduring figure and as she gets older she will only evolve and like you said, she will be more respected simply by roughing it out successfully AND sticking around in a business and society so hellbent on bringing successful people down. And Madonna is not only successful by chance... she has accomplished what she has accomplished for 4 decades because of DRIVE, PERSEVERANCE, WIT, and maybe a dollop of LUCK.

Long live our Madonna!

Like on your signature GIF. Yes queen Bette! :hearteyes:

And yes I'm here for that grey dye.

Celebrity_4110_grey_400.jpg

Her rendition of Baby Jane's "I've Written a Letter To Diplo" ft. Nicki Minaj as the lead single for the next album.  :lol:

I've always felt Madonna resembled Bette so much more than other stars especially during Bette's "All About Eve" era.

I've been wanting her to go grey/white hair for ages but Lourdes already beat her to it.  :cry: and she looked stunning.

But if her next album is gonna have acoustic vibes, I would like her with dark hair tbh.

The honey hair on the COADF era was EVERYTHING  :hearteyes: she should've done that hair color (honey-redish) for Living For Love promo tbh, since she had that Rita Hayworth inspired do already. The wavy blond has run its curse.

I've been wanting her to go grey/white hair for ages but Lourdes already beat her to it.  :cry: and she looked stunning.

But if her next album is gonna have acoustic vibes, I would like her with dark hair tbh.

The honey hair on the COADF era was EVERYTHING  :hearteyes: she should've done that hair color (honey-redish) for Living For Love promo tbh, since she had that Rita Hayworth inspired do already. The wavy blond has run its curse.

Yup Lourdes did look gorgeous with that hair -- I mean it really went along so well with her bushy Italian eyebrows! Same with M too if anything.

COADF hair is like everlasting life (Farrah Fawcett realness!)

I so agree with you. That Rita Hayworth/1940s actress wavy roll-up hairdo she's been doing since I think 2012 (wow) has definitely died down for me since the LFL era tbh! 

I think it's truly time to either follow suit with Lourdes or go dark a-la-LAP video again -- it's kinda overdue. 

Or do both... like queen Cruella De Vil   :scary:   :thinker:  :cute:

Yup she looked glameur here!

Loved this one too -- givin' me Selena realness-ish. 

690b253903b5fe7374b8236eccbd91eb.jpg

215d555349a4205d1ece2ba23b4c2212.jpg

Like A Prayer video and the Truth or Dare era are my favorite dark hair moments. These pica are stunning.  I never thought she looked as great as she did at these times, than any other later time with dark hair.  Though, I did like the straight hair she sported at the VMA's and in the Nothing Really Matters video.  She looked pretty good in POG with the dark hair too, but I thought it didn't suit her very well during the AMERICAN LIFE era the most.