KIDS REACT TO MADONNA

Independent Thinker

A new video from the Fine Bros on YouTube. Part of their REACT series.

I was pretty disappointed with this one. I was hoping they'd do a Madonna episode, but I think they should've had teens, college kids, or adults react to her instead. I think they would've understood and appreciated her more.

"Is that her?"  :wide-eyes:  :hyper:  :wide-eyes:  (shocked face when saw brunette hair Like a player Madonna)

"Is this really same artist?"  :wide-eyes:  :hyper:  :wide-eyes:  (confused face when saw beautiful ballad song Take a bow  M/V)

"she doesn't really look the same!! she looks like different person!!" :wide-eyes:  :wide-eyes:  :wide-eyes: (impressed face when saw Ray of light Madonna)

I really like these kids reactions.

Yes. That's The Madonna!

That's the who she is.

She is Chameleon.

That's the reason Why she is still The one and only Queen of pop

Loved it and loved the kids reactions (even if kids reactions to Jacko and Queen were much more enthusiastic). 

This says "her legacy is timeless and clear": musical and visual chameleonism, sexual assertiveness and pushing social buttons braveness, all explicitly recognized. The only thing they could not know at their age is how she was the first to create most of the basics of modern pop.

The bewildered reactions to Like a Prayer (still in 2017), the excitement and emulating instinct in front of the Vogue video and the fun when it comes to Music are really a goal for a 35 years old catalogue!! Even if hearing "this sounds very old!" about the Express Yourself "edgy" video mix really made me feel a dinosaur.

Love her... always  :broken:

Clearly, Madonna is not for everybody. Some of those kids showed they had real intelligence as their reflections were certainly on point while others will just imitate their parents' attitude and perspective. And that's not a bad thing, people have the right to dislike Madonna no matter what we fans think of her. It's natural.

Clearly, Madonna is not for everybody. Some of those kids showed they had real intelligence as their reflections were certainly on point while others will just imitate their parents' attitude and perspective. And that's not a bad thing, people have the right to dislike Madonna no matter what we fans think of her. It's natural.

That's true of EVERY artist. NO one is "for everybody"

I felt so strange and old because I naively thought there is no one in the Western world who doesn't know Madonna. But it was so interesting! I also relived my reactions to those videos. I was so scared by the LAP video at first when everybody in Italy said it was satanic... Material girl was my favourite in my 1987 video collection (vhs no1).

Maybe they could have shown Frozen!

Well Madonna's older fan base is the conduit to her future fan base. My mother exposed me to the Immacualte and Music when I was maybe 4 and now where she's lost interest, I've become addicted, lol. And anyone who has sat in my car, knows a handful or more of her new and old material. Besides the ones who said their parent listened to her, those kids were in a losing battle before it even began.

I felt so strange and old because I naively thought there is no one in the Western world who doesn't know Madonna. But it was so interesting! I also relived my reactions to those videos. I was so scared by the LAP video at first when everybody in Italy said it was satanic... Material girl was my favourite in my 1987 video collection (vhs no1).

Unfortunately, it's not going to get any better.  Being she's so polarizing, she's never going to be known as the "beloved" entertainer. I'm fine with that though. She wouldn't be Madonna if she got all sweet and sugary like someone like Dolly Parton (and I love Dolly). It's just not who Madonna is.  And I won't dare put down the younger generation for their lack of knowledge of Madonna and her cultural impact, because we all have been there to some point.  Even those who know Madonna is; have no idea she's still making music. They only hear about the twisted negative things said about her.  In the end, Madonna will always have a strong base of fans well into her twilight years.

EVERYONE over 18 in the western world knows who Madonna is but KIDS are a different story

I didn't even know who Madonna was until I was 11 and I saw the Secret video in MTV in 1994

I wasn't into pop music much as a kid

I discovered Madonna when I was around 9-10 years old and at that time Britney and Christina were ruling the world. However, I did feel something different from the 'nice lady' (according to Gaga), some magic and beauty that I didn't see in the others' work. Madonna was always better. That's it.

Lol, while they were ruling the world for their short period of time, they just looked sweaty and out of breath. Madonna didn't need to look grungy, she'd already had a whole era sex and a decade before.