Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Is there an unboxing video for the japan version of the DVD/Blu-ray?

Just so you know that there's nothing different to the DVD/BLU-RAY packaging, other than a added white leaflet mostly in Japanese which includes the "Take A Bow" credits. The booklet looks the same as the booklet that comes in the Non-Japan. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yas!!!! Got my "european" bd+cd digipack, just watched TOAC, i'd love it to be longer, or at least to have included one or two songs more... DTM is kinda edited and Holiday is just like 30 secs., at least Borderline is really beautiful. I like "the Nuno Xico editing style", but it has way too much grain LOL

I think she just wanted to show the funny part of it and not the introspective one, and that's why she chose those songs... I'm surprised, just because of that, that she didn't include I'm So Stupid tho...

With the jokes and that editing style, i don't thing JOA, or Intervention, or Between The Bars, even less Mer Girl... belonged there.

Listening to the highlights CD right now. The DP --> DAD and the HBC --> LFL transitions are pretty well done. I'm at LFL atm.

EDIT: the Flamenco Til We Die --> RH is also pretty smooth... The RH --> Candy Shop is as abrupt as the 2CDs version LOL and the CS --> UBitch is really rough too. And that's it.

Yeah, @@Fighter told me but aside from the contrast change, I was wondering if the camera angles changed. People said here that the DVD version is less chaotic than the SHOWTIME broadcast.

Its the same editing tbh. I think the people who said it was better were just rediscovering all the good things about this release cos it was good all along

I'm sorry I have to disagree, but it does seems like the Blu-Ray is much more crisp and clearer than the Showtime broadcast.  I guess this will be one of those "agree to disagree" moments because there have been many other fans who have done the comparisons and agree the Blu-Ray looks so much better.  That said, it isn't a huge difference. The Broadcast looked great nevertheless. The problem with people who post video or image comparisons,  you tend to run into compression, etc, when uploading such.  I would never compare a Youtube video or stream of the broadcast against a Blu-Ray.  To me, I would think once you upload to the internet, the quality diminishes, even if slightly.  And I do feel that there's a bit of a difference between the Blu-Ray and the Broadcast, but it's slight. It looks better to me!  But I agree, it looked great with the Broadcast.

Discussed to death in the above link "master468" posted.  It's the same.  Just 15 min. added bonus content from "Tears of A Clown" and "Like A Prayer" is included.  "Take A Bow" is additionally included on the Japan release, and AmazonJapan and CDJapan are selling Japan versions that are "region free".  

I'm sorry I have to disagree, but it does seems like the Blu-Ray is much more crisp and clearer than the Showtime broadcast.  I guess this will be one of those "agree to disagree" moments because there have been many other fans who have done the comparisons and agree the Blu-Ray looks so much better.  That said, it isn't a huge difference. The Broadcast looked great nevertheless. The problem with people who post video or image comparisons,  you tend to run into compression, etc, when uploading such.  I would never compare a Youtube video or stream of the broadcast against a Blu-Ray.  To me, I would think once you upload to the internet, the quality diminishes, even if slightly.  And I do feel that there's a bit of a difference between the Blu-Ray and the Broadcast, but it's slight. It looks better to me!  But I agree, it looked great with the Broadcast.

I meant about editing differences, I think people were perceiving it better because they were re-discovering it. Those people clearly didn't do a comparison when saying they used different shots and effects lol. If some people prefer the new contrast then that's a matter of preference.

Discussed to death in the above link "master468" posted.  It's the same.  Just 15 min. added bonus content from "Tears of A Clown" and "Like A Prayer" is included.  "Take A Bow" is additionally included on the Japan release, and AmazonJapan and CDJapan are selling Japan versions that are "region free".  

You bought your region free bluray on YesAsia, are they not selling them anymore?

You bought your region free bluray on YesAsia, are they not selling them anymore?

No, I went with Amazon Japan.  I almost went with "YesAsia", but it turned out Amazon was cheaper. And Japan Amazon still lists the Blu-Ray as Region A/1 and not "Region Free".  Again, "A/1" is my region, so it very well could be the case still. But I can't see why CDJapan, YesAsia and Amazon would be selling the same product with different regions?

No, I went with Amazon Japan.  I almost went with "YesAsia", but it turned out Amazon was cheaper. And Japan Amazon still lists the Blu-Ray as Region A/1 and not "Region Free".  Again, "A/1" is my region, so it very well could be the case still. But I can't see why CDJapan, YesAsia and Amazon would be selling the same product with different regions?

They just put up wrong info like Amazon US did. It would've been easier if whoever designed it had included the region info on the box. :laughing:

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic