Madonna's led boxes on Katy's tour?

RebelHeart

Mmmmh, maybe they reuse the same stage elements, but led lifts /platforms are definitely not something that Madonna was the first to have in a scenography. It's all a matter of design trends and this kind of technology getting cheaper. It's LiveNation so maybe they have an inhouse catalog of stage parts that are available for this kind of shows.

Yep, Madonna isn't the first to use those rising platforms.  It's been used many time by many artists for years.  So I hope this isn't going to turn into, "OMG, KATY STOLE MADONNA'S IDEA"  or stage, etc.  LOL!

There's a behind the scene video on YouTube with the company that made the stage for the MDNA tour. One of the things they were proud of was creating these L.E.D risers. 

She might not be the first one to use the concept, but these, if they are the same ones, were made specifically for Madonna. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9WY2SPKs8M

Yep, Madonna isn't the first to use those rising platforms. It's been used many time by many artists for years. So I hope this isn't going to turn into, "OMG, KATY STOLE MADONNA'S IDEA" or stage, etc. LOL!

Sis you better log out before people say you're not a real fan lol. 😂😂😂

Yep, Madonna isn't the first to use those rising platforms.  It's been used many time by many artists for years.  So I hope this isn't going to turn into, "OMG, KATY STOLE MADONNA'S IDEA"  or stage, etc.  LOL!

I think that would only be overreacting to things that aren't even there. Of all the pop singers dominating the charts these past few years, wether we like her or not Katy is THE ONLY ONE who's used Madonna's formula appropiately and has paid tribute where is due. Maybe that's why Madonna likes her and vice versa. Katy was never promoted like the new Madonna, unlike Germanotta and Fenty whose performances are extremely cheap.

Katy is THE ONLY ONE who's used Madonna's formula appropiately and has paid tribute where is due

I don't see Katy using Madonna's formula or being comparable. I love her though. I think Miley is the only one who took inspiration on Madonna while doing it her own unique way and paying tribute at the same time in a very obvious way. 

Sis you better log out before people say you're not a real fan lol.

Really? People are NOW going to assume I'm not a "real fan" when I've been hassled for defending her when some have spent majority of their time criticizing her?   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I think that would only be overreacting to things that aren't even there. Of all the pop singers dominating the charts these past few years, wether we like her or not Katy is THE ONLY ONE who's used Madonna's formula appropiately and has paid tribute where is due. Maybe that's why Madonna likes her and vice versa. Katy was never promoted like the new Madonna, unlike Germanotta and Fenty whose performances are extremely cheap.

The point I was making ... some try to turn things like this in a mudslinging contest with other artists.  I find it hilarious that some fans are fixated on pointing out what other artists borrow or do similar of Madonna, but fail to recognize that Madonna has done a lot of borrowing from others too. To me, these risers aren't something to make a big deal about since whether they were built specifically for Madonna or not, it doesn't mean someone can't use it for their stage.  That isn't an uncommon thing to do.  And it certainly doesn't mean they are trying to copy Madonna or steal from Madonna. 

There's a behind the scene video on YouTube with the company that made the stage for the MDNA tour. One of the things they were proud of was creating these L.E.D risers. 

She might not be the first one to use the concept, but these, if they are the same ones, were made specifically for Madonna. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9WY2SPKs8M

she could easily use the same structure, after all, it's now M's roperty. Roger Waters used the MDNA stage on some The Wall Live shows, and even Ricky Martin used the Confessions stage for another tour. things can be recycled, and that's awesome.

are we sure the stage belongs to M ? As the tour promoter, isn't LiveNation in charge of the stage architecture ? Don't forget that live show production is a business of tailor-made projects, so many companies will collaborate and very different skills will be brought together, not everything comes down to M owning them, she's just one of the contractors hiring many specialized vendors.

"Lift matrix cubes, as they are called"

The story behind the MDNA tour stage :

http://plsn.com/current-issue/41-product-spotlight/10037-design-gone-wild-madonnas-mdna-tour.html

We have to check if Katy Perry cubes have a led top, not only sides, before stating she is reusing M's.

Madonna's had a screen on the top?  :thinker:

Once again it's not about property or who is a real fan, it's who had the idea first, who was the first to use.

Somebody paid for it and somebody made it, but for which artist at first?

I think it was for Madonna. Then of course some elements were used, because it is less expensive.

But who cares?  Do you expect that everything Madonna uses on stage should just be stored away and never be used again by anyone else?  Even if they were built specifically for Madonna's show, it doesn't mean they are meant to always be exclusively for her.  Even Madonna has paid for stage props, etc, which wasn't specifically made for her shows, etc.  It's like anything in entertainment. Lots and props are reused by many companies and entertainers.  Think about the many popular movies and TV shows that have re-used props and lots that were used for other popular movies and TV shows. 

Do you expect that everything Madonna uses on stage should just be stored away and never be used again by anyone else?  Even if they were built specifically for Madonna's show, it doesn't mean they are meant to always be exclusively for her. 

I dont think that was implied anywhere, it's just interesting to see if other people are using what was designed for MDNA Tour. That's what I took from this anyway.

I dont think that was implied anywhere, it's just interesting to see if other people are using what was designed for MDNA Tour. That's what I took from this anyway.

I never said it was "implied".  Just asking.  It just seems this is a common thing among some Madonna fans to rip into other artists that might use props, or use images, etc., that Madonna has used or explored as if she's the inventor. 

ok but I don't think Madonna fans shitting on Katy Perry is a common thing so I dont know why you keep assuming that people wanna do that... 

And again, that isn't something I said or claimed to assume.  But it's common for Madonna fans to shit on other female pop stars who are quite popular.  I'm simply hoping this isn't just another attempt to do so.