Burning Up performances on the RHT

Enigmanotta

Hello,

While listening to the RHT live album, I noticed that on Burning Up, Madonna says the "arigato gozaima" japanese line. I was wondering if she used to say it during the majority of the song's performances? I remember that on the soundboard recordings that leaked a while ago from one of the japanese shows, she was saying it. I thought it was only because she was in Japan then, but it seems that no.

Edit: On DYU/ITG, she says Barcelona instead of London... I'm starting to wonder if the audios were picked among her favourite performances worldwide and not only from the Sydney shows. Does somebody know if that's the case?

Thanks!

She says Barcelona because of the theme of the performance

Very curious because Barcelona has literally nothing to do with the theme of the performance except for being a Spanish city, even though the medley does not feature anything Spaniard-related (maybe some parts of her outfit but just that).

In Paris she said Paris if I'm not mistaken.

She says that Japanese line because the last performance 'Bitch I'm Madonna' has a lot of Japanese elements, and the two female dancers are Japanese too

Yeah while the line struck me odd at first when hearing it earlier today, I realized why she was saying it due to the last performance "Bitch, I'm Madonna", but I think for the audio CD it should have been edited out.  I thought it was someone else speaking over the track. 

Very curious because Barcelona has literally nothing to do with the theme of the performance except for being a Spanish city, even though the medley does not feature anything Spaniard-related (maybe some parts of her outfit but just that).

yeah I thought it was more Frida Kahlo, but the section as a whole is latin inspired so I guess it fits somewhat  :confused:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 2nd Paris show she said Barcelona, Not sure about the 1st though :thinker: