• Please log in to reply
Photo

Burning Up performances on the RHT

Enigmanotta
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

Hello,

While listening to the RHT live album, I noticed that on Burning Up, Madonna says the "arigato gozaima" japanese line. I was wondering if she used to say it during the majority of the song's performances? I remember that on the soundboard recordings that leaked a while ago from one of the japanese shows, she was saying it. I thought it was only because she was in Japan then, but it seems that no.

Edit: On DYU/ITG, she says Barcelona instead of London... I'm starting to wonder if the audios were picked among her favourite performances worldwide and not only from the Sydney shows. Does somebody know if that's the case?

Thanks!

• xrhaul likes this

Brendanlovesu1
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

she said it in every show I believe

• madenis likes this

Fighter
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

Fighter

She says Barcelona because of the theme of the performance

• isaac003 likes this

rfqe2bk.gif

@ me if you need me

Rebel Hugo
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

Rebel Hugo
  • M Fan Since:2008

She said Mexicano only in the Mexico shows instead of Barcelona

isaac003
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

isaac003
  • M Fan Since:2011

She says that Japanese line because the last performance 'Bitch I'm Madonna' has a lot of Japanese elements, and the two female dancers are Japanese too

• kesiak likes this

Enigmanotta
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

I wasn't aware of that since I tried to avoid any footage until the HQ release of the tour, thanks!

G House
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

She says Barcelona because of the theme of the performance

Very curious because Barcelona has literally nothing to do with the theme of the performance except for being a Spanish city, even though the medley does not feature anything Spaniard-related (maybe some parts of her outfit but just that).

In Paris she said Paris if I'm not mistaken.

giphy.gif

H · A · I · M

Something to tell you

Out now

Liam
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

Liam

Express Yourself; Don't Repress Yourself

• 1,814 posts
  • M Fan Since:1985

She says that Japanese line because the last performance 'Bitch I'm Madonna' has a lot of Japanese elements, and the two female dancers are Japanese too

Yeah while the line struck me odd at first when hearing it earlier today, I realized why she was saying it due to the last performance "Bitch, I'm Madonna", but I think for the audio CD it should have been edited out.  I thought it was someone else speaking over the track. 

Nomayyer.jpg

Fighter
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

Fighter

Very curious because Barcelona has literally nothing to do with the theme of the performance except for being a Spanish city, even though the medley does not feature anything Spaniard-related (maybe some parts of her outfit but just that).

In Paris she said Paris if I'm not mistaken.

yeah I thought it was more Frida Kahlo, but the section as a whole is latin inspired so I guess it fits somewhat  :confused:

rfqe2bk.gif

@ me if you need me

Elazul
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

Dress You Up is Mexican Day of the Dead themed as pointed out by some reviews.

SimonVenekeo
  • Posted A week ago

Probably been Barcelona since the beginning.

MithrandirCreations
  • Posted A week ago

MithrandirCreations

yeah I thought it was more Frida Kahlo, but the section as a whole is latin inspired so I guess it fits somewhat  :confused:

And what about the costumes they are wearing. Maybe all their suits are from Barcelona :)

m-gt-s10.jpg

G House
  • Posted A week ago

Dress You Up is Mexican Day of the Dead themed as pointed out by some reviews.

Yep, but it still has nothing to do with Barcelona  :thinker:

giphy.gif

H · A · I · M

Something to tell you

Out now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users