Madonna - Look What You Made Me Do

vesalii

Really and truly, I wish I could time travel and made sure Madonna got the lyrics to Born This Way. She said it really was just an updated Express Yourself, just towards LGBT community and not just women. Could have been a smash hit for Madonna. But sadly that's outside my abilities, lol! No, the mashup was great and the Super Bowl would have been another great chance to have done that mash up, the other singing the opposite song, instead of Cee Lo

I didn't like that EYS/BTW mash up, it wasn't well done, I was expecting something bigger. And talking about Taylor's video, ok, maybe is basic, but it has a big response because she knew how to capitalize that Katy Pery feud, creating something about her image that of course is fake but helps to build a character, something mythical, just like Madonna did. 

We are talking about pop music, pop culture, and to stay into the game you should be relevant, and talking about the Queen of Pop, she seems like she forgot how to do that.

I didn't like that EYS/BTW mash up, it wasn't well done, I was expecting something bigger. And talking about Taylor's video, ok, maybe is basic, but it has a big response because she knew how to capitalize that Katy Pery feud, creating something about her image that of course is fake but helps to build a character, something mythical, just like Madonna did. 

We are talking about pop music, pop culture, and to stay into the game you should be relevant, and talking about the Queen of Pop, she seems like she forgot how to do that.

She did that brilliantly with MDNA Tour. She just took a different approach with most of RHT and RH era. 

I don't think she had to respond via video to prove anything. Gaga did it to herself attaching herself to Madonna's name and visuals and later tried to act coy when people called her out on basically Single White Female'ing Madonna's career.

To this day, she's still saying Madonna treated her poorly as her documentary shows perpetually playing the victim for Madonna to be portrayed as this cold, heartless, woman. Why is it Gaga didn't say anything when her choreography, photographers, and fellow team members were slacking Madonna calling her old, needs her meds, saying they were inspired by her?

Madonna stooping to make a diss or response to Gaga would not only be completely irrelevant but also display Madonna as being threatened by a newcomer. Her accomplishments and stamp on pop culture speaks volume that simply saying Gaga's work was an inferior copy of hers is basically the only response she warrants because the shoe fits. Madonna has spoken great things of her since their "feud" but the preview to Gaga's new documentary on Netflix shows she's still milking the situation for profit while Madonna's moved on to doing more important things like charities, her new film, new music. She's long over it. Gaga isn't.

Madonna would NEVER do what Taylor did. She is smarter (if not the smartest). The only thing that comes to my mind that is remotely similar to this situation is when she wrote She's Not Me in response to Robbie Williams's She's Madonna and it is way up above Taylor's move.

Taylor is behaving like a child with a tantrum in a restaurant wanting everybody's attention in this feud, which was CREATED BY HER IN THE FIRST PLACE by making a huge fuss about something insignificant. That's why Madonna would NEVER do something like this, she wouldn't act like a victim, she's never done it and for sure she never will.

And don't get me wrong, I like Taylor and I like her song, it's just that it wasn't the most stylish move.

I didn't like that EYS/BTW mash up, it wasn't well done, I was expecting something bigger. And talking about Taylor's video, ok, maybe is basic, but it has a big response because she knew how to capitalize that Katy Pery feud

I liked the mashup, why do you think it wasn't well done? I'm asking cuz I'm curious, not to argue or something ..  :tongue:

And by the way I think the feud of Taylor is more to do with kanye than Taylor in the video, but I may be completely wrong lol

OMG, fine, I'm wrong and you are right, can we go back to Madonna and Taylor, please?

I was 15 when Hard Candy came out and I remember reading it, so excuse me for being a teenager and believing some rumour on who knows which forum, Jesus.

"Hey you! Don't you give up! It's not so bad," I forgive you! Haha! Although I'm not sure theres much more for the two. They had the duet performance for Ghosttown, which I'm sure no one remembers except us. And there is an article nit picking the music video for all the pop music rip offs it features, including standing amongst her alter-egos or various career stages (really they had to make a couple up just for the video if I'm not mistaken) and the most stunning being the car crash at just the right angle (also a flashy car). 

It's just my opinion but at that time whe she performed EYS/BTW I thought that she was abasing herself by singing a Lady Gaga's song, I would have prefer that she would have sing a new performace of "She's Not Me" on the tour, or that she would have released a fucking brilliant video such as "Look What You Made Me Do". Her response in that era was lukewarm, the most amazing thing was the Super Bolw entrance, where it was clear who was the Queen but, the following videos where cheap and forgettable.

Says you... about a woman who has managed to do quite well for herself for nearly 35 years in the music business.  Madonna's forgotten nothing. But I think some fans have forgotten that she came from an era where she worked her ass off to get where she is today. She didn't just get handed a contract at some young age on some lame talent show.  And I'm not trying to put down any current pop tart, but the fact is; if it wasn't for Madonna, most of these newbies wouldn't be relevant.  Furthermore, Madonna needn't prove anything to anyone anymore. For me, whatever she does at this point, is 'icing on the cake' since she's already done everything everyone is doing now.  :kiss: