Madonna doing a Sia

RebelHeARTPOP

Do you think Madonna would ever step out of the limelight and write songs for other artists? I think if she did she would make so many hits for other artists, I still say since it's Madonna on Ghosttown and the GP pretends to hate Madonna, that is why it commercially failed even though if say it was like Katy Perry on that track it probably would have been a top 5 hit.

#Justice4Ghosttown #Justice4Madonna GOD DAMMIT

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Its failed because she old for pop music standarts

i mean both things are true. People pretend to hate her with ageism being one of the reasons why. 

But also you just can't release a song with bad strategy and barely any promotion and succeed, regardless if it's a great song. The fact is that Ghosttown is her best single in years and you kinda have to build and maintain momentum which is something her team has no idea how to do.

If her team wants her to succeed they need a campaign to ignite interest, the perfect storm if you will, which is what she did with RIT / Live 8 / IGTTYAS / Confessions, she brought herself back after American Life in a way that seemed effortless. It didn't just magically happen.

I don't think it's ever too late but I'm an optimist lol.

Ghost town is also not THAT great. It may be the most cohesive and have an OK "hook" but its always sounded like a "Wrecking Ball" wannabe to me. Being the best off Rebel Heart isn't saying much.

TBH, and I may ruffle some feathers here, Rebel Heart as a whole sounds like it has minimum input from Madonna. It doesn't sound like a Madonna record. It sounds like all the writers' record and then Madonna changes one lyric and now it's hers.

Give me any ballad off Hard Candy before this. Those are unmistakably Madonna lyrics. Bring back fuzzy dreams and hesitating please

Cher's believe hit #1 in the US when she was 52. its all in the record company/radio support. which M's team is famous for dropping the ball. releasing videos or remix singles LONG after the fact, Tour DVD's YEARS after the tours over, Madonna gets great buzz bcz shes madonna & she puts out exciting interesting work, but then her team always loses the momentum she builds on any given project, and it falls flat.

I mean, yeah she could write for others especially underground artists to get them noticed like how she discovered multiple acts with Maverick. I'm sure she'd love to give people the same opportunities as she's had and it'd be a full circle moment for her.

As for Ghosttown, I doubt radio would have ever played her music without some sort of payola deal since it's been apparent radio stations are most inclined to just play younger artists unfortunately which is sad to a lot of musical acts. If radio doesn't support her, I hope she really sticks it to them by doing her own thing and not trying to gain their favor as much as it may suck to be shunned.