Just saying ... there are pages here about how "we can't afford". Think positive and find a way if you want it. Manifest it yo ..... you all had no problem buying a DVD we have had for a year allready for a tour that ended, how long ago?!? If you really wanted you would find a way to get it.

There's "we can't afford" and then there is is, "it's just crazy expensive!".  It's the latter!  I mean really, comparing it to a $25 DVD which is something I care to own is just ridiculous.  In the end, for that price, it's not something I need or must have.  But hey, I'm glad you can afford it.

I do agree with Simon regarding, we don't need to buy everything she sells.  All that shit she sells in her store, I don't need nor I care to have.  If I had money to throw away, I might buy a few items if I really wanted them, but MDNA skin isn't something I am really interested in.  But I do like all the promo behind it.  The more I see Madonna; the mores I like!!!!  :smile::):cute:

There's "we can't afford" and then there is is, "it's just crazy expensive!". It's the latter! I mean really, comparing it to a $25 DVD which is something I care to own is just ridiculous. In the end, for that price, it's not something I need or must have. But hey, I'm glad you can afford it.

I do agree with Simon regarding, we don't need to buy everything she sells. All that shit she sells in her store, I don't need nor I care to have. If I had money to throw away, I might buy a few items if I really wanted them, but MDNA skin isn't something I am really interested in. But I do like all the promo behind it. The more I see Madonna; the mores I like!!!! :smile::):cute:

Most of the stuff I’m sometimes tempted to get but I fully know will sit in it’s packaging or on a shelf. The only item that I still have my eye on is the 30th anniversary True Blue poster but I know I have no ambition to get another frame etc.

My ‘wtf am I buying this for?’ moment where I’ve now stopping buying all her stuff came when I got a Truth or Dare gift set and the cashier said ‘Oh this will be a nice Mother’s Day gift’ and then I realized I was a 25 year old man buying a perfume that I think smells awful for no good reason other than it was on sale.

tumblr_inline_nmt5zkvz5O1tov9al_500.gif

I don't want it. I do want to try it but ONLY if M is going to be smearing that shit all over my face. I'm happy watching from a distance. I am also very proud of her that she has managed to market this so successfully in the US. The promo is fantastic, probably better than the RH album and DVD. You can tell she is happy with it. 

I don't want it. I do want to try it but ONLY if M is going to be smearing that shit all over my face. I'm happy watching from a distance. I am also very proud of her that she has managed to market this so successfully in the US. The promo is fantastic, probably better than the RH album and DVD. You can tell she is happy with it. 

I'm curious though? Has she marketed "successfully in the U.S."?  I would say it's a bit too early to say that.  I mean; I enjoy how she's been promoting it.  I like how she's interjecting humor into the campaign, but I'm curious how much she really is selling? I honestly don't know anyone who would want to buy this outside some fans and a few rich celebrities who piped up when it first came out.  

• 4 months later...

Well most of you buy the same record over and over again in different formats and regions yet complain about the price of MDNA Skin?

I was the first to use it here in Japan 4 years ago. They last a LONG time and are absolutely value for money.

You buy the chrome remover once, Chrome Clay is not something you do daily, you just need a tiny amount of serum every day, lasts a long time. I run out of Rose Mist the most. Eye Serum lasts forever, as does the face wash.

The crappy merchandise in her official store are overpriced if you ask me.

I ain't rich either, don't drink or smoke so I guess I can afford it. Really want to try it, make a sacrifice and earn it.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, evrybdygegeget said:

This campaign sucks. That image screams 'makeup', not 'skin care'.

I don't get the hate?  I mean; what do you expect from a skin line commercial?  She's gonna have to look fabulous to sell it.  She does, even though most of us know some serious airbrushing has gone on.  In fact, the video this image comes from is better than some of her more recent music videos.  She looked bad ass in the video.

On 3/3/2018 at 11:37 AM, Liam said:

I don't get the hate?  I mean; what do you expect from a skin line commercial?  She's gonna have to look fabulous to sell it.  She does, even though most of us know some serious airbrushing has gone on.  In fact, the video this image comes from is better than some of her more recent music videos.  She looked bad ass in the video.

I didn't say she doesn't look great, but from a marketing perspective, does a face full of heavy makeup convey skin care to you? It's misguided, imo. I think in another campaign image she was even wearing lingerie. Show us those pores and that amazing skin shining through, not heavy foundation and dark eyes and lips.

2 hours ago, evrybdygegeget said:

I didn't say she doesn't look great, but from a marketing perspective, does a face full of heavy makeup convey skin care to you? It's misguided, imo. I think in another campaign image she was even wearing lingerie. Show us those pores and that amazing skin shining through, not heavy foundation and dark eyes and lips.

Who does a skin line advert showing their 'pores' and not wearing make-up?  No one does that.  Do you actually believe those who do skin line/make-up commercials without make-up on? :04:

On 3/4/2018 at 2:26 PM, Liam said:

Who does a skin line advert showing their 'pores' and not wearing make-up?  No one does that.  Do you actually believe those who do skin line/make-up commercials without make-up on? :04:

It’s pretty irksome how defensive and deluded some Madonna fans are.

There’s a way to achieve a natural look even with heavy makeup; see Cate Blanchet for SK-II.