Unpopular Madonna Opinions

RebelHeARTPOP

I know this is meant to be limited to individual unpopular opinions, but if i can allow myself to interject regarding the quality of previous tours, I would like to say that Reivention was a tour that showed Madonna at a technical best as a singer, and Who's That Girl was more energetic with full dexterity than any other performer I've ever seen captured on video. I get that with the expectation of technological bells and whistles we have grown accustomed to self-oneupmanship, but we owe it to Madonna and to ourselves to have the ability to focus on the caliber of the individual rendering the live performance outside of the aesthetic delivery. Madonna had always been a masterclass peformer, and to state anything different fails to acknowledge this. That said, I understand that some tours as a whole are more entertaining to watch than others, and Reivention and Who's That Girl were not filmed in a way that does them visual justice.

Many would disagree with me on this possibly unpopular opinion, but.... I feel that everything she has released after Confessions has been absolutely awful and below her previously high standards... and I include the tours within this opinion. I have been a Madonna fan for 32 years, but after Confessions, I just haven't bonded with anything she has released at all. Yet, I still refuse to give up on her lol

Many would disagree with me on this possibly unpopular opinion, but.... I feel that everything she has released after Confessions has been absolutely awful and below her previously high standards... and I include the tours within this opinion. I have been a Madonna fan for 32 years, but after Confessions, I just haven't bonded with anything she has released at all. Yet, I still refuse to give up on her lol

I've been a fan as long as you.  And yes, I disagree with your opinion, but I respect that you're still hanging in there.  I know back in the 90's, when Erotica, Sex and BOE came out, I was a bit turned off by how overtly sexual she was being.  I also wasn't impressed with her appearance on David Letterman in  '94 where she kept swearing.  I'm not offended by any of it, and I look back at it now with a bit of fondness.  I guess I got wrapped up with all the negativity thrown at her.  But then "I'll Remember" and "Bedtime Stories" was released, and I realize that there is no chance of me giving up on her.  She's a very versatile gal.  To me, she's done it all, so at this point, it's hard to top anything she's done.  "Hard Candy", "MDNA" and "Rebel Heart" may not be up to the classic albums of the past, but she still greatly interests me.  I still enjoy the music.  And I do think she really step up her game with the videos with MDNA and REBEL HEART.  The big difference for me is I see the lack of support from a Record Company.  She's not getting the same push as she used to get.  She also doesn't get radio or mainstream support.  She has to work extra harder to get her new music out there. I can see that being a hard adjustment for her when she used to be the darling of MTV and radio for so long.  America tossed her to the curb first after the MUSIC album. Even then, she was starting to decline. Europe hung on for a few more albums.  CONFESSIONS was definitely her last big album world-wide. I don't see her having any sort of success like that again, nor that type of exposure to mainstream media.  That said, I think she will always have an advantage to any new release than most artists. She has a big enough fanbase that she will always do well selling out concerts. 

I don't know a single soul in this world who thinks wearing grillz makes her look cool, so that could be a very popular opinion! 

I love the grillz! Not all of them and not always, but I really like the ones used on: the Rebel Heart photoshoot; and the one for Interview Magazine. On interviews, I didnt like how she looked with them with Jimmy Fallon but I really like the look she had with them for the promotional interviews that she recorded at her house.

And I love MDNA (the standard tracklist though, I can't stand bday song or I fucked up)

I love the grillz! Not all of them and not always, but I really like the ones used on: the Rebel Heart photoshoot; and the one for Interview Magazine. On interviews, I didnt like how she looked with them with Jimmy Fallon but I really like the look she had with them for the promotional interviews that she recorded at her house.

And I love MDNA (the standard tracklist though, I can't stand bday song or I fucked up)

Yeah like you, I'm not bothered by the "grillz".  And I agree some of them did look a bit ridiculous or not appropriate for the occasions.  For instance, I thought she looked great with them in GHOSTTOWN video, but just thought it was not the proper visual for such a video.  I know it's just a music video and not everything in the video was realistic anyway, but it just seemed a bit much for an Apocalypse type video.

I actually think she peaked in 1990 and every album and every tour one after another have been an incredible strong effort for her to remain relavant in the industry.

:yarn: