• Please log in to reply
Photo

Burning Up/The First Album

luckystar908
  • Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:01 AM

luckystar908

I'm pretty sure i have somewhere on my PC a digital rip of the Alternate version. For the celebration collection many stuff that only was on vinyl before became digital availble for collectors.
I shall try to find it this weekend and if i do share it with ya all.

Please do share :)

Beam of Light
  • Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Beam of Light

Sorry i have not found it yet, but also have not looked hard enough.
I'll try to get it asap.

This doesnt reallyfeel like home, more a visit :)

sonicboy
  • Posted 4 weeks ago

I've often seen people referring to the 4:48 version as the Jellybean remix, and I'm just wondering how we know which version was remixed by Jellybean. Is this just speculation on the part of fans or is there a source for this information somewhere that I'm not aware of? From what I can tell, Jellybean is credited with remixing the song on all pressings of the album regardless of which version of Burning Up is included. Not that I would necessarily take that as confirmation that both album versions are Jellybean remixes, but it's possible, isn't it? Both album versions sound quite different from Lucas's original production on the 12" single – and from his production style on the album in general.

"So here's my question – does your criticism have you caught up in what you can not see?"

http://todayinmadonnahistory.com  •  http://youtube.com/sonicboy19

clkelley39
  • Posted 4 weeks ago

clkelley39

I've often seen people referring to the 4:48 version as the Jellybean remix, and I'm just wondering how we know which version was remixed by Jellybean. Is this just speculation on the part of fans or is there a source for this information somewhere that I'm not aware of? From what I can tell, Jellybean is credited with remixing the song on all pressings of the album regardless of which version of Burning Up is included. Not that I would necessarily take that as confirmation that both album versions are Jellybean remixes, but it's possible, isn't it? Both album versions sound quite different from Lucas's original production on the 12" single – and from his production style on the album in general.

My guess is that the 4:48 version if the Jellybean remix. Listening to his other remixes, the overuse of silly 80's echo/reverb effects alone is evidence enough of his involvement. 

sonicboy
  • Posted 3 weeks ago

My guess is that the 4:48 version if the Jellybean remix. Listening to his other remixes, the overuse of silly 80's echo/reverb effects alone is evidence enough of his involvement. 

I agree that the 4:48 version definitely sounds like Jellybean's mix, but there are elements of the shorter album version that also sound like they could have been his. Even the fact that only the original Lucas production stems but neither of the album version stems have leaked seems to suggest that perhaps Reggie might not have been directly involved with either of the album versions.

"So here's my question – does your criticism have you caught up in what you can not see?"

deathproof
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

deathproof

I don't recall the 448 version sounding like any of the demos that leaked, so it's definitely a remix.

sonicboy
  • Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't recall the 448 version sounding like any of the demos that leaked, so it's definitely a remix.

If you go through the stems that leaked, which are of the original version from the 12" single, it contains some elements that appear in both album versions, although some tracks were treated with different effects...and clearly both album versions contain some additional "unique" tracks that are exclusive to that particular mix – like lead guitar parts, for example. So technically speaking, both album versions are remixes of the original 12" version with some new production added.

Despite the lack of proof, I agree that it's probably fair to assume that the 4:48 version is a remix (w/ additional production) by Jellybean. Unless anyone has more information to share, I think the answer to my question is that we don't actually know whether the shorter album version is an alternate remix (w/ additional production) by Jellybean or an alternate version produced by Reggie Lucas.

Maybe I should try asking Jellybean on social media to see if he's able to clear this up? Although...unless he's turned a new humble leaf in more recent years, I wouldn't put it past him to claim that he created both album versions even if he didn't. lol

• stormbringer likes this

Candy Perfume Boy
  • Posted A week ago

Candy Perfume Boy

Burning Up (12" Version) was released on 9 March 1983, so this is the very first official version released.
Burning Up (Album Version) 4.48 was released on 27 July 1983, so the second mix.
Burning up (Video Version) also reissue Album Version 3.45, is the third mix.

As another interesting footnote; the promo 7" of physical attraction which was a double aside with Burning up on the 12" release, features an edit that isn't of the actual album version of Physical attraction....

Dance_Freak
  • Posted A week ago

Dance_Freak

As another interesting footnote; the promo 7" of physical attraction which was a double aside with Burning up on the 12" release, features an edit that isn't of the actual album version of Physical attraction....

That's the original Reggie Lucas mix, likely.

Candy Perfume Boy
  • Posted A week ago

Candy Perfume Boy

That's the original Reggie Lucas mix, likely.

Yeah, i agree. One of the three early versions sounds exactly the same.

muscleguy35
  • Posted A week ago

I have posted the 4:48 version a few weeks ago

its listed on the tracklist of the 1st album cd but the regular version is included instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users