Madonna's fans age

Luiz Ribeiro

What do you think about the majority of Madonna fans being of a mature age already?Does it influence the sales of the singer, since the method of selling today is much more online? Can Madonna lose her piece in the pop world because she could not drag new young fans with her?

Look at this video, just very old people in the audience:

This is not a criticism, just something I noticed in the public of RHT

The RHT audience did appear to be more mature to me, I didn't think it was that obvious during MDNA Tour.

Maybe its that the tickets for the front rows were super expensive on RHT unlike MDNA Tour that had the triangle which you could win for free. IDK

The RH era was quite old school too so maybe it attracted older fans more.

Yes, she will struggle from this point on in getting younger fans.  Not to say younger people won't become fans, but the under 30 crowd is slowly diminishing.  To me, this is a natural progression of most entertainers and especially when it comes to pop artists.  Thankfully she's made a big enough impact that she'll always have a pretty sizeable following.  And yes, she will always gain younger fans to a small degree.  A lot of her music, if sung by a younger pop star, would have been huge hits. Not many 60 year old musicians are able to still attract and keep being very successful.  I personally think she's done quite well, even at her age right now.  It will be more difficult from this point on.  I guess this is just another reason she's trying to dabble in directing, as there is usually not really an age limit to being a director.  Even if she gains a couple mediocre film successes, she will be fine for the rest of her life. I'm just grateful she hasn't just packed it in by now. She really doesn't have to continue on, if she didn't want to. 

says the 40 year old? Not criticizing. No one under maybe 30 listens to her on the regular. It's not their thing. Different time and place. I think she very much appreciates all ages at her show and doesn't cater to one specific age group.

First, learn a little math before trying to guess my age. Also, try to keep a mature dialogue on the subject, which is not something personal with me or with you, but with the audience of Madonna and how he has appeared in the stadiums and arenas in the last show. Grow up.

The RHT audience did appear to be more mature to me, I didn't think it was that obvious during MDNA Tour.

Maybe its that the tickets for the front rows were super expensive on RHT unlike MDNA Tour that had the triangle which you could win for free. IDK

The RH era was quite old school too so maybe it attracted older fans more.

Exactly. In MDNA tour we could see an audience between 18 and 35 years old, but in RHT, at least in my opinion, the number of young people was minimal, and when they appeared in the stands, they were gay young people, unlike S & S and MDNA, where general public attended.

I'm 47 and am always surprised that there are still younger people at the shows. I first saw her in 1987 at the WTGWT. I think personally she should stop trying so hard to be relevant or working with the likes of Niki M to get a younger audience. Just continue to make great pop songs if people like it then great!

There will always be younger fans to discover, enjoy, like her etc. but her core fanbase is usually 25+ people. When I asked my young students if they know Madonna, many of them said they didn't. Those who have heard of her probably don't know what she sings or what she's like. As the age group grows, her popularity rises too.

What do you think about the majority of Madonna fans being of a mature age already?Does it influence the sales of the singer, since the method of selling today is much more online? Can Madonna lose her piece in the pop world because she could not drag new young fans with her?

Look at this video, just very old people in the audience:

This is not a criticism, just something I noticed in the public of RHT

says the 40 year old? Not criticizing. No one under maybe 30 listens to her on the regular. It's not their thing. Different time and place. I think she very much appreciates all ages at her show and doesn't cater to one specific age group.

24 here, 'been listening to her since I was 14.

BTW, that video is not representative at all. It's the UK, the tickets for the front row and the rows that are close to the stage have prices that young people can't afford.

When I attended the concert in Paris, where there were no seats and the standing area was cheaper, I was surprised because I had a group of kids right next to me in the queue, they were no older than 18 (even below that age I should say).

@@thelioncourtheart_ did you have tickets for the Dallas show that was cancelled?

No, my friend did but thankfully someone sold their tickets to her.

I won the pit the first night and then tweeted Oseary through DM for the second night and he literally said to come over. I think I have a screencap of him tweeting my friend Heather telling her for me to stop tweeting, that I've won already. It was riot.  :lol: 

Proud fan since like Ray of Light... And I'm 21 lol, I remember the ROL video really catching my attention and I remember trying to Vogue when I was reeeeeeeeally young. So it's just a matter of the Madonna fans need to raise Madonna fans

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

You go boy!  HA!!  She'll always have younger fans just like the Beatles, Elvis, Michael Jackson  and many other iconic figures.  And she will always be attracted to younger people as well. She's been that way since the beginning. That's why I laugh when I hear people say she "tries too hard" when it comes to working with younger people or trying to please a younger generation. She's not trying to "please" anyone. She's just doing what she's always done.. make music. Unfortunately, she's a pop artist, and our society seems to put an age limit on pop music.  Pop music derives from what is "popular".   We've seen it happen to many people before her. 

You go boy! HA!! She'll always have younger fans just like the Beatles, Elvis, Michael Jackson and many other iconic figures. And she will always be attracted to younger people as well. She's been that way since the beginning. That's why I laugh when I hear people say she "tries too hard" when it comes to working with younger people or trying to please a younger generation. She's not trying to "please" anyone. She's just doing what she's always done.. make music. Unfortunately, she's a pop artist, and our society seems to put an age limit on pop music. Pop music derives from what is "popular". We've seen it happen to many people before her.

Every single time I hear any of these delusional *insert other female artist here* stans try to say Madonna is too old and needs to stop I ask them when they think their fave should stop.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

One thing I have noticed at several tours, similar to other active icons like Springsteen, is that women that grew up with her bring their daughters nieces etc. and that some of them even have their own children they bring. It's a beautiful thing really. Also publicity grabs like the Britney/Christina lip lock and working with Timberlake subconsciously inserted her into the younger generations pop culture references. I was at work the other day and 4 Minutes came on someone's playlist I thought "ugh what a dreadful song" as a mega fan but ended up smiling when I noticed the younger folks (male and female) singing along with pride to both M and Justin's lines from memory.