BIM (Diplo Remix) & JOA (Acoustic) Question

stancherry

I know this question was asked a million times before. But was the Diplo remix of BIM and the final acoustic version (not the demo one) of JOA released on some official versions of the Rebel Heart album? I remember there was an mp3 store that had these 2 versions replacing the album versions. And how did the final acoustic version of Joan appear on the internet? I mean she even performed it on Ellen, unlike the Rebel Heart Avicii demo version it seems like it was supposed to be released. Same goes for The Queen. In addition to other demo versions it sounds completely mastered.

The Diplo remix that surfaced on the internet is a version that Diplo worked on for the Rebel Heart album. Apparently, the version that appears on Rebel Heart is not the final Diplo version, but due to the leaks, the whole release was rushed, and since BIM sounded like one of the most finished tracks at the time, Madonna/the label probably decided to put it out the way it was. His mix was posted by himself on his soundcloud I believe.

As for the acoustic version of Joan of Arc, it was meant to appear on the Super Deluxe edition of the album, but for some reason it (along with other tracks) was replaced by remixes of Living for Love. It leaked onto the internet along the full 29-track edition of Rebel Heart in February.

No edition of RH as of now have those versions on it, which is a shame...

I prefer both of the versions mentioned. They would have fit much better. Such a shame that album release was ruined by theft and panic. The entire period was marred by the way it all went down. The rushed release of those first tracks really killed the entire momentum in my opinion, and being flooded with so many demos might have felt like being a kid in a candy shop to a fan at the time, but with hindsight I feel it made the concept a total fog. In this day and age, fans would have still been interested had the final versions been decided upon and released as originally scheduled. Subsequently, the album is seen as a fiasco. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Madonna's lack of enthusiasm for recording and releasing music has been permanently diminished as a result. A lot of albums have been leaked over the past decade, but nothing as pernicious as the Rebel Heart hijacking.