POLL: Madonna and Netflix secrets

Netflix is a great outlet to distribute a film or series at this time.  I'm sure if anything she's securing her latest directorial if and when she's finishes it. Other than that, I think airing her Rebel Heart Tour is another possibility.  Her past tours wouldn't be much of an interest to the NETFLIX audience. 

Before the RHT started, there a was a small item posted somewhere that Madonna had approached the production team of "Keeping Up With the deKline of Civilization".

The premise being a "docu-series".

I didn't give it much thought, as it looked like another slow news day fluff-piece.

Then, with the "larger project" for TOAC in Melbourne, the professional looking footage in Cuba, the short films accompanying Harper's Bazaar and Vogue Germany, the Washington Square Hilary concert, the TOACv2, the D.C. Women's march, the trips to Malawi... it seemed like there may be something more than home movies being shot to share on Instagram.

And it wouldn't be too crazy imagine partnering with Netflix to offer an uncensored show like a "MADONNA"-branded reality show would certainly need to be.

Perhaps the "excerpts from Tears Of A Clown" listed on the DVD may be just that; a preview of a future broadcast.

Also, if you've read "The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells", or at least know the synopsis, the story revolves around a woman who has 3 distinctly different lives in different eras of the 20th century, which she delves into while grieving the loss of her twin brother to AIDS in 1985.

I read the book when she mentioned it years ago in an interview that it was her current favorite book, so I was excited to hear later she'd optioned the book to direct the movie.

I could see a mini-series type of presentation, and I've imagined that Madonna herself could anchor the time-jump between eras with music, almost as an onscreen narrator.

Since I have been a fan for so long, i have always found it dangerous to try to predict what a Madonna project will look/sound like, because my vision of what she'll do is never what I imagine it to be. It can lead to high expectations and almost guarantees a bit of disappointment.

This is why I don't particularly care for some of the overly nit-picky comments on forums. I don't find my opinions superior, but those complaints can slow the momentum for enjoying the lead up to a release. Just my opinion.

If a deal is made, I'd bet Netflix would prefer to have exclusivity for streaming the entire RHT DVD, and if they're smart (which team Madonna is NOT) they'd strike a deal to stream all of her concerts (released and as-yet unreleased) as well. But not necessarily as original content. It would be a wise promotional opportunity to show the general Netflix viewership why she's a highly regarded live performer, but also to generate interest in whatever her project for Netflix may be.

Well according to DM the reunion was with Netflix ORIGINAL Department so I'm guessing it's about her next film. We could be wrong but I don't think it's about RHT or anything else tbh.

And I dont think she's making a movie about her life lol.

She said in an interview that she won't write her biography until she's a very old woman! Let along making a movie about it considering all the unauthorised biographies published!

Before the RHT started, there a was a small item posted somewhere that Madonna had approached the production team of "Keeping Up With the deKline of Civilization".

The premise being a "docu-series".

I didn't give it much thought, as it looked like another slow news day fluff-piece.

Then, with the "larger project" for TOAC in Melbourne, the professional looking footage in Cuba, the short films accompanying Harper's Bazaar and Vogue Germany, the Washington Square Hilary concert, the TOACv2, the D.C. Women's march, the trips to Malawi... it seemed like there may be something more than home movies being shot to share on Instagram.

And it wouldn't be too crazy imagine partnering with Netflix to offer an uncensored show like a "MADONNA"-branded reality show would certainly need to be.

Perhaps the "excerpts from Tears Of A Clown" listed on the DVD may be just that; a preview of a future broadcast.

Also, if you've read "The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells", or at least know the synopsis, the story revolves around a woman who has 3 distinctly different lives in different eras of the 20th century, which she delves into while grieving the loss of her twin brother to AIDS in 1985.

I read the book when she mentioned it years ago in an interview that it was her current favorite book, so I was excited to hear later she'd optioned the book to direct the movie.

I could see a mini-series type of presentation, and I've imagined that Madonna herself could anchor the time-jump between eras with music, almost as an onscreen narrator.

Since I have been a fan for so long, i have always found it dangerous to try to predict what a Madonna project will look/sound like, because my vision of what she'll do is never what I imagine it to be. It can lead to high expectations and almost guarantees a bit of disappointment.

This is why I don't particularly care for some of the overly nit-picky comments on forums. I don't find my opinions superior, but those complaints can slow the momentum for enjoying the lead up to a release. Just my opinion.

If a deal is made, I'd bet Netflix would prefer to have exclusivity for streaming the entire RHT DVD, and if they're smart (which team Madonna is NOT) they'd strike a deal to stream all of her concerts (released and as-yet unreleased) as well. But not necessarily as original content. It would be a wise promotional opportunity to show the general Netflix viewership why she's a highly regarded live performer, but also to generate interest in whatever her project for Netflix may be.

God hear you <3

• 2 weeks later...

I could see a reality docu-series that's been following her "Revolution on Love". From her Birthday in Cuba to the Women's March in DC. Building a hospital, dressing up like a clown, mini shows at a Leonardo DiCaprio event. I think it would make sense for her to make a smart and non trivial "reality show" about what she's been doing.

• 3 weeks later...

Madonna wouldn't release her RHT to Netflix anytime soon. Not while she can still potentially make money from the product sales. Perhaps late next year.

That's not how Netflix works. Were they to add RHT or any past show to their catalog, it would have nothing to do with "Netflix Originals" production team, given that the video version of the show (and of all past shows) are already done and polished. So it's just back catalogue, nothing new, nothing exclusive.

And to all of you who complain ALL THE FUCKING TIME about "her team" and their so-called lazyness / uselessness, don't forget that she is the boss and even if she is ill-advised as you believe, she makes the decisions at the end of the day. So the team can call blue, green or yellow, if she wants red, she'll go red. It's her decision not to release any other show than the official versions we all know, not any scheme-plotting team of Cerseis and Tyrions who wish she failed.

That's not how Netflix works. Were they to add RHT or any past show to their catalog, it would have nothing to do with "Netflix Originals" production team, given that the video version of the show (and of all past shows) are already done and polished. So it's just back catalogue, nothing new, nothing exclusive.

And to all of you who complain ALL THE FUCKING TIME about "her team" and their so-called lazyness / uselessness, don't forget that she is the boss and even if she is ill-advised as you believe, she makes the decisions at the end of the day. So the team can call blue, green or yellow, if she wants red, she'll go red. It's her decision not to release any other show than the official versions we all know, not any scheme-plotting team of Cerseis and Tyrions who wish she failed.

Geez. I know how Netflix works, and my point was that in conjunction with a Netflix Original show/film, her team (including the Boy Toy herself) COULD strike a streaming deal, since there are no full concerts prior to Confessions available. For everyone that thinks Team Madonna (see Guy O) are in it only for the money, the smart move would be to maximize her exposure and availability to the masses.

But they do not care for that route in terms of whoring out her back catalogue. Get it?

I made peace with my issues about her team a long time ago, and realize that there's always a reason something does it doesn't get released, or doesn't make the final cut, etc etc etc etc.

PLEASE NO PLEASE GOD MAKE THIS NEVER HAPPEN

She really deserves better than another Paris Hilton / Kardashian / Mariah is bored with herself reality tv that makes no fucking point besides their shallowness.

I'm all for it if it focused on her work like someone else said, like a documentary but in episode format. Would be interesting. Definitely not in a celebrity type of way but more so artist/humanitarian, etc