_lit

Peter Rauhofer's elusive remix of "Spanish Lesson"

Since its brief appearance on YouTube when Peter Rauhofer was alive himself, I've always randomly googled the words "Madonna Peter Rauhofer Spanish Lesson Homework Bootleg" and hoped for the best.

I came across this clip from another DJ that seems to have been uploaded in 2013: hxxps://youtu.be/hUyx9i6diBI - DJ Isaac Escalante .  I have since tried all word combinations and couldn't find anything but the small clip itself :/

Since Rauhofer's passing, this is the first time I've seen it surface online.  There's hope that it's still out there.

Sounds pathetic I know, someone looking for an online stream of this remix, but I instantly was drawn to it, perhaps it was the short bursts of an aural tease that makes me want more.  

I even got a tweet by Peter Rauhofer saying "Don't ask me, ask Warners...." 

sigh.

Hopefully one day it will surface ! 

Since its brief appearance on YouTube when Peter Rauhofer was alive himself, I've always randomly googled the words "Madonna Peter Rauhofer Spanish Lesson Homework Bootleg" and hoped for the best.

I came across this clip from another DJ that seems to have been uploaded in 2013: hxxps://youtu.be/hUyx9i6diBI - DJ Isaac Escalante .  I have since tried all word combinations and couldn't find anything but the small clip itself :/

Since Rauhofer's passing, this is the first time I've seen it surface online.  There's hope that it's still out there.

Sounds pathetic I know, someone looking for an online stream of this remix, but I instantly was drawn to it, perhaps it was the short bursts of an aural tease that makes me want more.  

I even got a tweet by Peter Rauhofer saying "Don't ask me, ask Warners...." 

sigh.

Hopefully one day it will surface ! 

maybe this is what you're after?

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

maybe this is what you're after?

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Yes, this is the rip from the YouTube clip, correct? Thanks! I was hoping for a more cleaner / studio / online rip ... 

no idea why i'm obsessing over it. cheers!

Hmm, you've piqued my interest. I'm split on his mixes, some I think are pretty great, others I feel ravage the song. 

Edit: What can be heard sounds good. I would love to hear the whole thing, I liked the interpolation of Ring My Bell.

What am I doing right now? this song is horrible and offensive to Spanish people but I need to hear it mixed up.  :shade2:

How exactly?

I know Canadians like the social justice stuff and are super PC but how is it offensive?

How exactly?

I know Canadians like the social justice stuff and are super PC but how is it offensive?

Because she doesn't pronounce the lyrics exactly like a native.  That's their problem.  LOL! 

Because she doesn't pronounce the lyrics exactly like a native.  That's their problem.  LOL! 

Just the opposite. She pronounces the spanish lyrics perfectly, but some spanish sentences has no sense in spanish and some translations are wrong.

For example:

-"Besame" doesn't mean "give me love". "Besame" means "Kiss me"

-"Yo soy loco" wrong, "Yo estoy loco" right (and means "I am crazy" not "you drive me crazy")

It's a terrible but funny spanish lesson...   If you speak spanish, this song is like a joke.  :laughing:

Big whoop! It's just a song. It's not like she claims it's the best piece of pop music ever.  I don't believe she was being that serious about what the lyrics meant.  It's called a loose translation.  After all... "give me love" can be shown by a kiss.  "You drive me crazy" and "I am crazy" all comes down to being "crazy".

Big whoop! It's just a song. It's not like she claims it's the best piece of pop music ever.  I don't believe she was being that serious about what the lyrics meant.  It's called a loose translation.  After all... "give me love" can be shown by a kiss.  "You drive me crazy" and "I am crazy" all comes down to being "crazy".

Yes, it's just a song. I was simply explaining to you why the song is horrible if you speak spanish, so don't take the answer too seriously. If you like "Spanish Lesson", enjoy it.

Just because the song is called Spanish Lesson doesn't mean it is literally meant to be one  :ay: . The lyrics take poetic license.

"callate" doesn't mean "close your mouth" it means "shut up" but the meaning of both sentences can be the same informally speaking.

If you're telling someone to kiss you you're asking them to give you love. Poetic license.

"Siempre" doesn't mean "I won't forget it", it means "always", but it still works in the context of the song.

The only one thats kinda wonky is "yo soy loco" but it's still a correct sentence colloquially. It should probably be loca if she's talking about herself or a female but that's something else.  :laughing:

BTW the person who said it's offensive was making a joke I'm pretty sure.  :coffee:

What's actually offensive is that i had to listen to this song for this post.  :bothered:

Exactly what @@Fighter says.

I'm Spanish and I'm not offended at all.

The only thing that's cringeworthy to me is when she says "yo soy loco" instead of "yo estoy loco", because in English there is no distinction between "ser" and "estar", both of them merged into the verb "to be", but this is just me being a grammar nazi.